Shuoer impressions thread
Apr 14, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #3,631 of 3,872
Apr 15, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #3,633 of 3,872
Got my S12, what can I say what a value proposition! It is my first planar so I was expecting some kind of voodoo but to my surprise it sounds like highly resolving DD as some folks noted, especially it pairs nice with Final audio type E tips, regular ones give it more meat more bass impact, the newer ones Clear/red bring more stage and sligtly more treble, also my silver/palladium/gold cable brings even more air. I am really surprised what you can get for this kind of money it is like 75% EJ07m. I am looking forward for further development in this area, if they will somehow will bring improved imaging and staging on table it is going to be a crazy deal! The only one downside would be the fit, it is alright but doesn't feel secure and feels slightly loose at least this is how shell itself feels in the ear.

As for Final E tips, wow it is a must have! On my EJ07m again regular ones bring more mid bass but reduces staging and clear/red ones have slightly less mid bass but improves staging quite a bit so that you get even more satisfaction but there is also some high frequency boost.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #3,634 of 3,872
I am looking forward for further development in this area
You sound just like me, waiting for my Timeless 2.0! :blush: That Raptgo is tempting... but I'll be using that $250 to try FD7, FH9, EJ07 first.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #3,636 of 3,872
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #3,639 of 3,872
I am kind of shocked or rather impresed what I can achieve with S12 with Final E tips Clear/red ones and with my cable which has benefits of better stage perception, staging and imaging got quite improved so it doesn't sound like it is your head, there is a good width and a good depth, wow, I am talking about stage perception and layering strictly. Try at least Final E tips, the newer ones and you will see that it has some benefts of better stage perception, they are more bright than standard ones so I am assuming that it is the reason why. I really can tell the difference, with original cable and stock tips it sounds flat and sort of nothing special, just an ordinary good IEM, but with additional improvements it sounds like something else.

Also I am prefering this sort of low end than that of my EJ07m, it is clean, fast, there is no that woofer effect which sometimes can distract your attention and sound unnatural, I guess I prefer more balanced signature or at least a cleaner one without exageration. But again, don't get me wrong EJ07m is great, I am only talking about my preferences, and I really enjoy my EJ07m as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_125111.jpg
    IMG_20220416_125111.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #3,640 of 3,872
Letshuoer is currently running an Easter sale which has piqued my interest in the Kinda Lava but the graph nymz posted makes me concerned there may be unit variance issues.

What's up with the flexing of the DD? I've read a bit about it throughout this thread but it still confuses me what it actually is.

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #3,642 of 3,872
So I needed to baptise my new Shanling m3x DAP, but I'd lent my S12 and HBB Olina out, and my IMR Ozar was having surgery in the IMR hospital, care of Bob, so I took out the Shuoer Tape Pro and put a NiceHCK copper 4.4 on it with L Spiral Dots. I expected little, but they surprised me and sound good. Somehow the Tape Pro's didn't make a big impact when they came out, and they may not be world beaters, but they do sound good. Shuoer are a genuinely innovative company and their Planar S12 is genuinely excellent. The Tape Pro given a chance is quite bold and very enjoyable. Good to have a chance to re-listen to the Tape Pro....it's a worthwhile IEM.

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #3,644 of 3,872
Alex24rus, I am still breaking in my 07m with KL tuning and I do not have the OG 07 to compare with it. But I continue to have harsh treble, it is getting a LOT better with break in though. It may come around right. So far, there is some shouty harshness with some very high treble, piano and violin. And Not as much bass, sub bass, bass and mids as I was hoping for with the Kinda Lava, even for my classical music.
Hope this helps, God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #3,645 of 3,872
what did so few high frequencies do in OG 07?.=(If it wasn't for this drawback, I wouldn't have to sell them.. 4 EST, and there is no sense from it.. And how is the kinda lava ej07m compared to OG07 in high frequencies?
Personally I prefer the OG over 07M, OG tuning is more towards my sound preference. If you need more energy and air up top 07M is definitely the one. It’s pretty much OG with boosted highs/lows giving it slightly fun exiting sound. Haven’t tried KL but pretty much it’s 07M with a bit more mid bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back