Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 11, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #3,271 of 3,867
Really? I had to trip across this thread? Man, I'm trying so hard to be done! I'll start hunting a deal. Looks like everything on Ali is back to $599 but if they were below $500 before, they'll be below $500 again..... just watching your vid about them now, @redrol .

I just bought it for 470 on wednesday or something 🤷

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #3,272 of 3,867
I just bought it for 470 on wednesday or something 🤷
Would you mind directing me to the link you used or the store you found them on? Thanks!

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #3,274 of 3,867
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #3,275 of 3,867
Really? I had to trip across this thread? Man, I'm trying so hard to be done! I'll start hunting a deal. Looks like everything on Ali is back to $599 but if they were below $500 before, they'll be below $500 again..... just watching your vid about them now, @redrol .
I hope they do as well for you as for me man.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #3,278 of 3,867
$470 for these is just ridiculous, they are TOTL earphones... as long as one has a set of Tanchjim Tanya dampers at hand. Man I think Shuoer should ship some with them. It would avoid some of the not so stellar reviews (such as my own initial review), that just don't make justice to the EJ07m: it is as if a different product is being described! They are so darn good I prefer them to my over the hears (Hifiman HE560 with decent lambskin pads).

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #3,279 of 3,867
Found another big issue with the EJ07M: It spoils all my other IEMs for me!

It just does everything so well, it is extremely technical while being musical at the same time... Recently bought a Final Audio a4000, excellent holography, the EJ07M does it better, and it is much more natural sounding - more meat in the bones. Bought a Dunu SA6, liked them a lot, good details, excellent tonality, but the EJ07M does all of that better and without BA timbre to speak of, plus a much better bass. The Dunu EST 112 is great with acoustical instruments, nice mid bass, but so is the EJ07M's once burned in (brain or otherwise), plus it has much better imaging, stage, and treble extension. I used to adore the Fiio FD5 for its big soundstage, coherency, details and pure grit, but the EJ07M.... you know the drill!

Alas, don't buy the EJ07M if you want to keep enjoying your IEM collection, at least a low to mid-fi IEM collection such as my own.
So this is my 2nd read through this portion of the thread. I'm flipping back adn forth between these EJ07Ms and the Softears RSV .... Is there anyway you could snap a pic of this dampers? How do you get them; just buy the Tanya and pull 'em out? Thanks!

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #3,280 of 3,867
So this is my 2nd read through this portion of the thread. I'm flipping back adn forth between these EJ07Ms and the Softears RSV .... Is there anyway you could snap a pic of this dampers? How do you get them; just buy the Tanya and pull 'em out? Thanks!

They are a sticker I think (got both on the way). Just stick them there!

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #3,281 of 3,867
Tanya comes with 20 dampers on a nice plastic sheet. So you can slap those on an 07m and win. It could be that your ears have less resonance than mine however, so its best to just try them. If you hear odd mids, that means the dampers are needed.

And, the RSV is incredible but not for bassheads. If you are ok with 'correct' bass vs enjoyable musical bass, then they are for you. I don't mean they have no bass, I mean they have bass that was intended in the mix.. which for some folks is perfect and some is too low.

I will never sell my RSV. EVER.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back