Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 21, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,031 of 3,872
Hi guys! I'm trying some ear tips for my EJ07 amd I would like to share my impressions.

1 - Original (white one): meh... I used it just for 10 minutes;
2 - Spinfit CP100 (size M): maybe the size is a bit small for my ears, they are very lightweight but they don't seal very well, and last but not least, after about 30 minutes they make me itch;
3 - Comply tsx-500 (size M): I like their inside wax protection (I'm always worried about wax that can enter the IEMs, do you have some advice to avoid it?) but maybe it makes the EJ07 sound darker. The soundstage seems less wide. They are comfy but harder to keep clean and easy to break.
4 - JVC Spiral Dot: (size ML): I have waited for them for long time (from Japan to Italy by standard mail). Seal is top notch, comfort very good. Soundwise they are my favorites, but the EJ07 suffer from driver flex with them. Is it normal? Both right and left. I don't have this problem with other tips.

I would like to know how to avoid wax entering the small holes of the IEMs. It hasn't happened yet, never happened actually, but what if it does?
My other IEMs (IT01S for example) have a nozzle filter that prevents that.

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #3,032 of 3,872
Seal is top notch, comfort very good. Soundwise they are my favorites, but the EJ07 suffer from driver flex with them. Is it normal?
I get driver flex even on a custom IEM. It's definitely normal with the 07's I think, not sure what in the design is causing it though, especially since it's vented...

I would like to know how to avoid wax entering the small holes of the IEMs. It hasn't happened yet, never happened actually, but what if it does?
This is a problem for all IEM's with exposed bores. You can get one of those custom IEM cleaning tools to get the wax out of the bores. It's a super thin wire bent into a loop that allows you to just scoop the wax out.

I ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Cleaning-Cleaner-Airpods-Headphones/dp/B07V3VR71C/

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #3,033 of 3,872
I get driver flex even on a custom IEM. It's definitely normal with the 07's I think, not sure what in the design is causing it though, especially since it's vented...

This is a problem for all IEM's with exposed bores. You can get one of those custom IEM cleaning tools to get the wax out of the bores. It's a super thin wire bent into a loop that allows you to just scoop the wax out.

I ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Cleaning-Cleaner-Airpods-Headphones/dp/B07V3VR71C/

I get driver flex only with Spiral Dot, yesterday I swap them with Spinfit and didn't get it.
It is probably due to the tip seal that creates an air gap which causes the driver to flex.
Very annoying rumor for me.

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #3,034 of 3,872
Some stuff on EJ09! Been told by contact in China, on sale already (guess coming to Linsoul / Ali) shared below:
CDE768B1-8BFF-4141-B139-D5DC4052710B.jpeg

1. 9 drivers set obviously, same 4-sonion EST, 1-Sonion BA, 3-Knowles BA, 1-Custom DD
FAB3840A-4D09-4576-BAC8-5F2705D17424.jpeg

2. 5 cross-over 4 bore setup; DD - bass; Sonion BA - low mids; Knowles (1?2) BA - mids? Not shown on the pic; Knowles BA - high; Knowles BA + EST - treble
1BDCA360-3A6C-4B41-9E2C-A2AF879F5648.jpeg

3. New single Crystal silver / copper 0.78 2-pin cable (looks like plastic connector?) 3.5 or 4.4! No 2.5 option...
2CCA3888-EAE6-4395-8543-32DEECAD8A03.jpeg

So looks good and gorgeous looking but need brave one to share his first review before taking the plunge! No info on outside China pricing yet but seemed that will be at least >$1200... ouch

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #3,035 of 3,872
So looks good and gorgeous looking but need brave one to share his first review before taking the plunge! No info on outside China pricing yet but seemed that will be at least >$1200...
Already had a CIEM in order w/ em a few days ago. Expecting to get it late next week. Don’t know if I’m allowed to talk exact pricing yet, but your number is right.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #3,036 of 3,872
Already had a CIEM in order w/ em a few days ago. Expecting to get it late next week. Don’t know if I’m allowed to talk exact pricing yet, but your number is right.
Wow! Dude that’s awesome!!! So pricing about the same for China/Outside then. Still...

When are you getting it? Must be one of the very first sets surely. What modifications (if any) did you apply? When are you getting your hands on them?! Look forward to initial feedback when you receive them. Congrats (and hope sound is improvement - FR seemed to show a EJ07 tuning with significant energy in treble region so folks should love it

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #3,037 of 3,872
When are you getting it? Must be one of the very first sets surely. What modifications (if any) did you apply? When are you getting your hands on them?!
Hehe I think it’s going to be the first one out in the US, maybe the first one shipped at all? They’re estimating to finish by Wednesday next week, then add a few days for DHL shipping. I’d like it to be in my hands on Saturday next week!

As for modifications, I actually went almost all stock. I went a little overboard on the shell design.

6D4B3C56-EE97-45C3-8B44-6E06372E83F0.png

Faceplate I went for the stock option, but added custom art instead of their logo. Don’t have any pics of that yet.

Your description of the tuning seems pretty on point and exactly why I’m getting it. Wanted a more energetic set and hopefully, by extension, a more clear one (not that the 07’s are muddy).

I was (effectively) told not to push the CIEM’s too hard, since I had to get special approval for em.According to my guy, there is “a lot going on” in the 09’s and they can’t do CIEM’s for everyone, mostly due to ear canal size and outer ear shape. If you are reallyyyyy after a CIEM, you might be able to send in your STL’s for review, but don’t flood them with requests I suppose.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #3,038 of 3,872
Hehe I think it’s going to be the first one out in the US, maybe the first one shipped at all? They’re estimating to finish by Wednesday next week, then add a few days for DHL shipping. I’d like it to be in my hands on Saturday next week!

As for modifications, I actually went almost all stock. I went a little overboard on the shell design.

6D4B3C56-EE97-45C3-8B44-6E06372E83F0.png
Faceplate I went for the stock option, but added custom art instead of their logo. Don’t have any pics of that yet.

Your description of the tuning seems pretty on point and exactly why I’m getting it. Wanted a more energetic set and hopefully, by extension, a more clear one (not that the 07’s are muddy).
Thank you for the quick update, congrats for you too, indeed could / might be among the very first got their hands on 09! I thought they are about to go into Chinese New Year shut down but glad yours already in the works and hopefully we can hear your initial view soon! (I’m not a burn-in believer)

As per my recent experience on the darker tuning TP, I’m a little scared with all those energy in the treble!!! My contact told me back in China most Shuoer’s sale was the Conductor which folks said is more “monitor-like” and less musical, i.e. dark? That they also received high praise for, I’m now wondering if I’m turning into those tuning too 😂 . Start to lower my volume on the 07, felt it’s too much info 😂😂 - or maybe my hearing just not good.

EJ07 still by far the best IEM I’ve ever listened or owned. And will be great in coming days hear your view how it (and 09) stack up to other flagship IEMs - good to have you here dude!!

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,039 of 3,872
As per my recent experience on the darker tuning TP, I’m a little scared with all those energy in the treble!!!
I know it's blasphemy to do, but I usually EQ my 07's past 7kHz (Q=0.5, treble shelf) to +3.5dB on my ADI-2 FS. I think it gives it a lot more life. Hopefully the 09's replicate that without EQ.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #3,040 of 3,872
Shuoer EJ09's are available now from HifiGo already! https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/shuoer-ej09-latest-hybrid-driver-flagship-earphone-announced. Beat Linsoul to it this time. Priced at a comfortable $1,260, putting it in range with CA Andromeda, UM MEST, Meze Rai Penta. My custom IEM version should be coming out soon ($1,400) so we'll see how they stack up!

If the frequency response for my CIEM set is anything to go by, we're looking at significantly more treble energy on the 09's compared to my 07's (by about 4dB past 1K). Rolloff is also more gradual not dipping past 1K until 10K, which should be nice. Bass got toned down a bit, but also looks like mid-bass got a bump too compared to the flat shelf on my 07's. Will need clarification from my Shuoer guy if this is the stock signature, but I am inclined to believe it is?

unknown.png

Sadly, you can't hear a graph, but we'll how how these turn out! Hope to drop some first impressions on the day I get em in my hands. 😊 In the meantime, I'm working on some compensatory EQ to turn my 07's into 09's.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #3,041 of 3,872
Look forward to your initial feedback! Has yours already been shipped yet? Eta?

as before, 09 definitely looking very energetic on the treble side, the early roll off from 07’s definitely gone. But on their FB page FR looks different to yours! Did you ask them to make any adj to your custom set? I would prefer to keep 07’s punchy bass and smooth mids. But yes we have to hear how it actually sounds not by FR. Really looking forward to your initial feedback. I’ll hold until then :D - and I’m not sure I can now like these much treble anymore 😂

Good intel on Hifigo, although noticed they got the same error as from those my pics that it’s a 4-EST not 5

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #3,042 of 3,872
Look forward to your initial feedback! Has yours already been shipped yet? Eta?

as before, 09 definitely looking very energetic on the treble side, the early roll off from 07’s definitely gone. But on their FB page FR looks different to yours! Did you ask them to make any adj to your custom set? I would prefer to keep 07’s punchy bass and smooth mids. But yes we have to hear how it actually sounds not by FR. Really looking forward to your initial feedback. I’ll hold until then :D - and I’m not sure I can now like these much treble anymore 😂

Good intel on Hifigo, although noticed they got the same error as from those my pics that it’s a 4-EST not 5

Not shipped yet, hoping they'll ship it either today or tomorrow. Last I heard (yesterday), they were moving on to final polishing and lacquering.

The tea my Shuoer rep told me was they demoed an engineering sample of the original FR to a prominent individual as well as some other partners and they all complained about the treble area being too hot. They gave some tips for improvement and reworked the treble region a tad. I talked to my Shuoer rep about a custom signature (lowering the treble compared to the engineering sample graph—on FB), but I'm not sure if they produced mine as the custom sig. I suggested or if they produced mine with their new stock sig. My recommendations did almost align identically with the suggestions they got from the reviewers though. I left it up to them and told them that I trusted their tuning decisions.

Bass on the graph seems mildly rolled, about 4dB down from the 07's stock configuration @ 20Hz, but normalizing at 60Hz. My compensatory EQ is reflecting that right now, and it seems to still have a good amount of thump to it. Hopefully this translates to the actual set.

I don't think I've ever seen an odd-numbered EST configuration before. It's always been 2 or 4 EST's, unless I happen to be forgetting a set...

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #3,043 of 3,872
I'm so glad my EJ07. The cable is just not obedient, everything tends to get confused. It is planned to replace it with a hybrid from CEMA electroacoustis. I can describe the sound when the QLS361 player arrives. With Cowon PD2, they play very cool, the bass is punchy, the middle is in place, the high frequencies are crystal clear and without sibilants, I use the "Metal" preset on the player. With it, all the music sounds right :)
It's too early to say anything about EJ09, but I don't see much sense in it if there is a remarkable configuration of EJ07. Such a bass beat still needs to be looked for among the IEM
IMG_20210127_120438.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #3,044 of 3,872
Hi guys, long time no see :)

I sold mine ST7 some time ago, but I missed it so much that ordered a custom 6 BA from our local rising DIY star.
And you know what? It's fantastic! Even better tonality than my old ST7. We did some work correcting, what I was seeing as flaws of EJ07's tonality. Added some midbass, but keep the overall bass line still more subbass-focused, tamed the lower-treble a bit, boosting the higher treble region at the same time. And it works so nice!
Check out the graph (green):

photo_2020-12-14_11-04-23.jpg

photo_2020-12-15_16-04-29.jpg

I'm very happy with the result, it is the best IEM I've ever tried!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #3,045 of 3,872
The EJ09 with the options for faceplates and up grades are gonna get my cash eventually. I love the faceplate style thats exactly like the conductor and somehow someway I’ll get these babies!!
Love this obsession hobby!!! :sunglasses: :vulcan:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back