Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 11, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #3,016 of 3,867
Wow. AWesome info @fjlabs . I like your bass change and I think my custom will have the same change :D Killer impressions and write up as well. Thank you!!!

I've tried asking Shuoer if they could do a +2-4db above 10k with the EJ and the answer is a nope .. without an extra BA.. Which is a no for me.
Did you ask as part of the CIEM? Maybe that’s when might be possible? Did they say you can / cannot add another BA for that with additional cost too? Or straight no - to push you to get 09?

But yes agree that @fjlabs what a review and info, amazing feedback thank you! I also didn’t get the chance to modi my either sets of EJ07 back then as CIEM was not even possible. Will play around with tuning when converting my 07!

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3,018 of 3,867
Same here, although I thought you got it bcos the “2month cough with Clair” :D

Look at the FR Shuoer posted on their FB, 09’s treble is full of energy!
I noped out of the Clairs hella fast because of that wait time. I do plan on getting one eventually when they can pump em out faster, but I was between the 07's and something else from the likes of 64/JH/UE/VE/etc... Even those big names still quote a 4-5 week wait time though, where the Shuoer rep I talked to told me they could crank it out lightning fast...

The 09's definitely look energetic as heck, I'm excited for it!

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #3,019 of 3,867
I noped out of the Clairs hella fast because of that wait time. I do plan on getting one eventually when they can pump em out faster, but I was between the 07's and something else from the likes of 64/JH/UE/VE/etc... Even those big names still quote a 4-5 week wait time though, where the Shuoer rep I talked to told me they could crank it out lightning fast...

The 09's definitely look energetic as heck, I'm excited for it!
Totally, people went to last wkend’s SZ audio show and 09 received high rave apparently, the bass was enhanced further (no details what/how), treble is energetic (as seen by FR) so yes me too actually very excited with 09 too

Wow, amazing list you’ve got there, I’m sure we will see more A/Bs etc. from you!! Btw any chance you too have a set of Tape Pro 😃 want to see your view on this controversial set

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #3,020 of 3,867
Wow, amazing list you’ve got there, I’m sure we will see more A/Bs etc. from you!! Btw any chance you too have a set of Tape Pro 😃 want to see your view on this controversial set
Heavens no, I see if the drama on this thread and noped out of that one quick too. 😂 also, not a fan of metal shells since it feels a little weird to me.

Definitely going to do a lot more A/B's but primarily to custom sets since I've fallen in love with CIEM's. 😊

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #3,021 of 3,867
Nice man!!!
Did you ask as part of the CIEM? Maybe that’s when might be possible? Did they say you can / cannot add another BA for that with additional cost too? Or straight no - to push you to get 09?

But yes agree that @fjlabs what a review and info, amazing feedback thank you! I also didn’t get the chance to modi my either sets of EJ07 back then as CIEM was not even possible. Will play around with tuning when converting my 07!

Shuoer recommened an extra BA for treble to meet my request. I didnt ask about cost because at this point, I don't care.

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #3,022 of 3,867
Nice man!!!

Shuoer recommened an extra BA for treble to meet my request. I didnt ask about cost because at this point, I don't care.
LOL nice!! You get a chance to create your own set of uniquely tuned TOTL CIEM - wow amazing what they willing to do for you! I got straight no when asked CIEM or tuning mod back then... now I got support to go back :D

So when are you showing off your mod set of EJ07s then - or might even become EJ08 :D

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #3,023 of 3,867
@fjlabs - btw, did you say you are using iPhone dongle on 3.5 for your CIEM EJ07? Not trying to educate anyone here, for my not so great ears, I found a dedicated DAC really brings out potentials in all aspects. Perhaps could consider some dongle with DAC, and too on balanced connectors (2.5 /4.4)... I’m sure you would be able to tell the difference.

And for ultimate TWS, Bluetooth adopters like from fiio or ibasso would also be better than the iPhone dongle. I love my ej07 pairing with the ibasso CF01, although battery life only 2.5hrs...

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #3,024 of 3,867
@fjlabs - btw, did you say you are using iPhone dongle on 3.5 for your CIEM EJ07? Not trying to educate anyone here, for my not so great ears, I found a dedicated DAC really brings out potentials in all aspects. Perhaps could consider some dongle with DAC, and too on balanced connectors (2.5 /4.4)... I’m sure you would be able to tell the difference.

And for ultimate TWS, Bluetooth adopters like from fiio or ibasso would also be better than the iPhone dongle. I love my ej07 pairing with the ibasso CF01, although battery life only 2.5hrs...

haha you read that right. I am using the Apple dongle. I’m well aware that it sounds like crap in terms of clarity and detail, no question about it. Thing is, if I’m using that, I’m almost certainly out and about where size and convenience is of paramount importance to me. Even a Dragonfly + a USB dongle would be a bit much for me to be lugging around. The ddHifi dongle is in consideration, but I've just yet buy that for whatever reason.

And for the TWS solutions, I already have one, the TRN BT20S Pro. I don’t get around to using that much with the 07’s since they have the Mangird Tea or L3 on them depending on my mood. Don’t want to fatigue the 2pin sockets too much plugging and unplugging the cable on the 07, since that’s usually my desk listening piece anyways.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #3,025 of 3,867
haha you read that right. I am using the Apple dongle. I’m well aware that it sounds like *** in terms of clarity and detail, no question about it. Thing is, if I’m using that, I’m almost certainly out and about where size and convenience is of paramount importance to me. Even a Dragonfly + a USB dongle would be a bit much for me to be lugging around. The ddHifi dongle is in consideration, but I've just yet buy that for whatever reason.

And for the TWS solutions, I already have one, the TRN BT20S Pro. I don’t get around to using that much with the 07’s since they have the Mangird Tea or L3 on them depending on my mood. Don’t want to fatigue the 2pin sockets too much plugging and unplugging the cable on the 07, since that’s usually my desk listening piece anyways.

You could try Fiio BTR5. I really enjoy it with my EJ07. I also have Lotoo Paw S1, but if you want a pratical portable dac/amp, the BTR5 is surprisingly good and with Bluetooth you can keep your iPhone cable free.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #3,026 of 3,867
+1 for BTR5, has LDAC, behaves itself (easy to connect) and a good clip, just put the cables behind your head, clip on your pants front pocket, seems like its not even there. But no comment on trying to run or exercise with it.

Also, elephant in the room, you can buy just drivers on aliexpress that have the same technology and VERY similar frequency response to the tapes, if you're in a DIY mood.

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #3,027 of 3,867
You could try Fiio BTR5. I really enjoy it with my EJ07. I also have Lotoo Paw S1, but if you want a pratical portable dac/amp, the BTR5 is surprisingly good and with Bluetooth you can keep your iPhone cable free.
+1 for BTR5, has LDAC, behaves itself (easy to connect) and a good clip, just put the cables behind your head, clip on your pants front pocket, seems like its not even there. But no comment on trying to run or exercise with it.

Also, elephant in the room, you can buy just drivers on aliexpress that have the same technology and VERY similar frequency response to the tapes, if you're in a DIY mood.

The BTR5 indeed seems pretty solid. Reminds me of those wireless receiver packs that stage musicians use with their in-ears but more discrete. Might give it a shot if I can score a decent deal on one.

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #3,029 of 3,867
Add me to “the tape pro sounds really good” to me list. Mine have been sitting waiting for some JVC Spiral Dots to show up and they sound nicer to me with the JVCs! Much more coherent than before with the Sednas Earfitlights which I still love. I’m finding between the JVCs and Sednas I get the best sound out of my collection.
I almost didn’t post this because so many folks dislike the “Pro” but I am another who got a good sounding pair so I had to say something. Mine did change quite a bit over time with Burn in but it didn’t take 100 hrs to change, more like 25 for me. Hopefully they figure out what the difference is between the good and bad sets...very weird to say the least!

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #3,030 of 3,867
Add me to “the tape pro sounds really good” to me list. Mine have been sitting waiting for some JVC Spiral Dots to show up and they sound nicer to me with the JVCs! Much more coherent than before with the Sednas Earfitlights which I still love. I’m finding between the JVCs and Sednas I get the best sound out of my collection.
I almost didn’t post this because so many folks dislike the “Pro” but I am another who got a good sounding pair so I had to say something. Mine did change quite a bit over time with Burn in but it didn’t take 100 hrs to change, more like 25 for me. Hopefully they figure out what the difference is between the good and bad sets...very weird to say the least!
I was also hesitate but then decided to say something! I think funny enough that, yes the views are vastly contrasted, but, by my rough count is about half-half?

Noticed too, that you and me both own the amazing EJ07, very detailed and energetic that the darker tuning from TP perhaps is the perfect antidote to allow our ears/brain having a reset?

For others who might appreciate different aspects, probably hate the tuning and sound, full stop. The thing is, folks tested FR and shown their sets are matching with official FR hence should not be product variation or QC issue. One thing for sure, if someone prefers V-shape or musical bright set, TP is not for them, OG be better bet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back