Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 25, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #2,671 of 3,867
Been awhile with my tape pro. Different sources and tips. I think there are fun choices to play around with your tape pro as well as other iems. Rolling sources and tips are never gonna be old.

All in all, tape pro has some serious performance to price ratio. If u have problem with slow bass, you should know what you need to do, etc. Been rolling sources and tips, and i can say there's quite a jump if you drive your tape pro with 9038s standard mode (tube mode gives a lil omph but standard is a hifi mode).

Spiral dot on tape pro creates a little organic experience. It gives better bass control with the given bore size and the dots control the highs to not sound shouty and piercing.

With that said, at $129, Tape Pro is one of the most resolving sets I've ever heard given a little caveat that u need to tweak (sources and tips rolling, which is VERY normal to any kind of sets).

To summarize the Tape Pro, with my current favourite pair, Tape Pro is a bassy forward that skewed to neutral. There's no doubt that magnetostatic gives upper mids resolution on par with higher priced sets and it is really up there. What is lacking? To be picky, I would say the very least is pinpoint accuracy which is imaging. Tape Pro doesn't suffer from any transparency and seperation (at least with 9038s, which sounds superb in this regard) but imaging is not its strongest trait.

If you have 9038s and a spiral dot, do give it a try and to me this is a superb pair to start your journey with a Tape Pro.

If you have any questions, drop a comment and I'll try my best to answer.
Spot on. Spiral Dots are perfect. Imaging and soundstage are not the best or biggest. For highs in classical music this Tape Pro is absolutely perfect. There is no glare in the upper mids and it's opening up up more as I use it. Terrific IEM.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #2,672 of 3,867
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,673 of 3,867
Might list my Tape Pro for sale very soon. I have almost enough hours to make a review for this. If you are interested to get the Tape Pro early, DM me.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #2,675 of 3,867
Why you wanna sell it ?
As stated above, i bought this to make a review of my other iem. It's for a comparison purpose. I listed my Tape Pro and it has nothing wrong. DM me if anyone interested. Tape Pro from Shuoer will take months of waiting for now. Any of who are waiting can definitely cancel and get mine instead if you don't mind.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #2,677 of 3,867
20201126_153713.jpg

Battle of voices😄

Attachments

• 20201126_153713.jpg
    20201126_153713.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 26, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #2,678 of 3,867
As stated above, i bought this to make a review of my other iem. It's for a comparison purpose. I listed my Tape Pro and it has nothing wrong. DM me if anyone interested. Tape Pro from Shuoer will take months of waiting for now. Any of who are waiting can definitely cancel and get mine instead if you don't mind.
I think the Tape Pro takes a long brain burn-in and definitely a long empirical burn-in. Reviews should not be done too soon.

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #2,679 of 3,867
I think the Tape Pro takes a long brain burn-in and definitely a long empirical burn-in. Reviews should not be done too soon.
Any 50+ hours listening I consider enough for me to know how it sounds.

YMMV

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #2,680 of 3,867
Normal Electrostats don't sound their best until they've been playing for a couple hours, I don't see why Electrets would be any different.

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #2,682 of 3,867
Normal Electrostats don't sound their best until they've been playing for a couple hours, I don't see why Electrets would be any different.
I have been playing the Tape Pro's continuously for a few days. IMHO, brain burn in takes quite a long time.....to begin noticing details etc......there is still quite some way to go. Empirical burn in can take much longer. I have never understood how some do reviews after a week or so. In the long term it does not help and can misinform. There should be a standard for listening time set for reviews, otherwise we are playing with people's hard earned money. It's great to comment regularly and post.....but reviews are different and may make people believe that the IEM is as reviewed.

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #2,684 of 3,867
I have been playing the Tape Pro's continuously for a few days. IMHO, brain burn in takes quite a long time.....to begin noticing details etc......there is still quite some way to go. Empirical burn in can take much longer. I have never understood how some do reviews after a week or so. In the long term it does not help and can misinform. There should be a standard for listening time set for reviews, otherwise we are playing with people's hard earned money. It's great to comment regularly and post.....but reviews are different and may make people believe that the IEM is as reviewed.
This is not my 10th iem or etc. I actually have quite a lot of experience with any kind of drivers. I even had kse1200, the real estat. Brain burn in should not be in the review for me personally. What brain burn in is doing that you eventually became comfortable with the sound and thus result will vary. Review to me should be enough time to justify with his/experience without being manipulated by brain burn in. That's where honesty comes into play. Did i hate tape pro? Absolutely not. My previous post was a glowing towards Tape Pro.

P/s: noticing details is not brain burn in. Details are details. KSE1200 and VX do not need brain burn in to notice about details. Yes Tape Pro packs some serious detail as well in the upper mids no doubt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back