Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #2,656 of 3,872
Received mine and thr first thing came in mind the vocal sounds organic both male and female.

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #2,657 of 3,872
custom EJ07s arrived a few days ago.
AeT4dDp.jpg

1B6arRX.jpg

GlsUlWG.jpg

They sound as good as they look. Compared to universal EJ - sound sig is pretty much identical. I know that sounds silly to even mention, but I've heard that some IEMs have different sound signatures in their CIEM vs UIEM format. Shuoer preserved the house sound with these. However, it took what was already there, and enhanced it. I notice more subbass, slightly more extended treble, and more micro-detail that I never noticed before. But I think all 3 of those are a result of the deep insertion & "perfect fit", where every single wave of sound is piped directly into my ear canal. I love it.
Not much else to say. I think the pics speak for themselves.

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #2,658 of 3,872
Trying to say I’m not envious! Not... did you say it’s $180 for the CIEM mod cost? Took how long for you in China as obviously to send abroad would be even longer & cost more

Very happy for you, btw, how do you manage earwax /cleaning - the bore looked huge in the pic :D

I played around a lot of different tips, I think perfect fit/seal would be significant for sound improvements despite not overall changing sig, defi getting one when I can get scan done

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #2,659 of 3,872
Trying to say I’m not envious! Not... did you say it’s $180 for the CIEM mod cost? Took how long for you in China as obviously to send abroad would be even longer & cost more

Very happy for you, btw, how do you manage earwax /cleaning - the bore looked huge in the pic :D

I played around a lot of different tips, I think perfect fit/seal would be significant for sound improvements despite not overall changing sig, defi getting one when I can get scan done
not even $180. It was 800 RMB, or ~$120. Extremely affordable. And as you can see, you also get to customize the shell, and the choices are all gorgeous/premium-looking. I remember early complaints about the shell looking kinda cheap. Can't make that excuse any longer. Premium sound, premium looks to boot.

Yes, wax will be a problem. Just 2 days of use, I pull it out of my ear and I already see some build-up along the rim. I guess it's going to require some regular maintenance. Maybe that's the downside to CIEM? Yea the bore is huuuge. When you look inside, you can see the individual sound tubes, with the various filters and their fixed placements, similar to the regular EJ.

Get a scan, you won't regret it! You have more than one EJ too, right? Would be cool to do a compare to see if they really do sound different. All I know is I'm in pure honeymoon phase right now.

edit: forgot to mention. About 9 days total, from the date I sent my molds to receiving the finished product. But that's living in China, and logistics taking roughly 2 days to send/receive.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #2,661 of 3,872
custom EJ07s arrived a few days ago.
AeT4dDp.jpg

They sound as good as they look. Compared to universal EJ - sound sig is pretty much identical. I know that sounds silly to even mention, but I've heard that some IEMs have different sound signatures in their CIEM vs UIEM format. Shuoer preserved the house sound with these. However, it took what was already there, and enhanced it. I notice more subbass, slightly more extended treble, and more micro-detail that I never noticed before. But I think all 3 of those are a result of the deep insertion & "perfect fit", where every single wave of sound is piped directly into my ear canal. I love it.
Not much else to say. I think the pics speak for themselves.
Beautiful! That‘s not at all silly to mention, as there are quite a few IEMs that sound quite different as a CIEM vs a UIEM. It‘s really good that they preserved the sound signature. Typically with CIEMs, the better seal helps with the sub bass, and the deeper insertion helps with treble extension, so it sounds like they did an excellent job.

Yes, wax will be a problem. Just 2 days of use, I pull it out of my ear and I already see some build-up along the rim. I guess it's going to require some regular maintenance. Maybe that's the downside to CIEM? Yea the bore is huuuge. When you look inside, you can see the individual sound tubes, with the various filters and their fixed placements, similar to the regular EJ.

edit: forgot to mention. About 9 days total, from the date I sent my molds to receiving the finished product. But that's living in China, and logistics taking roughly 2 days to send/receive.
Just keep a bunch of alcohol wipes and a cerumen wire scoop/brush available and make it a habit to clean the nozzles after each day‘s use. It is also a good idea to store them in a container with a dessicant.

That‘s fast even being in the same country. Shuoer themselves reshelled your EJ07s, correct?

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #2,662 of 3,872
Beautiful! That‘s not at all silly to mention, as there are quite a few IEMs that sound quite different as a CIEM vs a UIEM. It‘s really good that they preserved the sound signature. Typically with CIEMs, the better seal helps with the sub bass, and the deeper insertion helps with treble extension, so it sounds like they did an excellent job.

Just keep a bunch of alcohol wipes and a cerumen wire scoop/brush available and make it a habit to clean the nozzles after each day‘s use. It is also a good idea to store them in a container with a dessicant.

That‘s fast even being in the same country. Shuoer themselves reshelled your EJ07s, correct?

Yeah I have a brush that came with my tape pros, I'll just get in the habit of doing a once-over when I take them out, or at least every few days. These will be stored in a clear mini-pelican case that came with my T800s. They are going to be well-preserved. I've never felt compelled to "baby" any of my gear until I got these. May as well throw the brush in the case too.

Yes, this re-shelling was done by shuoer themselves. And they could have gotten away with charging double based on what I got in return. I don't know what their end game is... but I hope they take over the world.

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #2,663 of 3,872
Does anyone have any experience with both the Mangird Tea and the EJ07? Wondering if its worth an upgrade/sidegrade. I like the warm-neutral tonality and clarity of the mids on the Teas but I'm after a tiny bit more weight to the bass.

Anyone able to weigh in?

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,664 of 3,872
I've got both right now. The tea has more high treble, over 10k, but not necessary better, just more and it has BA tonality. Tea has a more balanced sound, where the EJ07 is just plain exciting. The EJ does in fact have more weight on the subbass area but not midbass, where the tea is a bit stronger. The EJ has less mid-bleed than the Tea which is not a lot already. Sidegrade? Not even close to me. EJ wins by a lot for me. Then again, if you the kind of person that is obsessive about 'rolled' treble, then you might not like the EJ. I hear it as being correct in terms of sounding real.

Actually, you might consider the Tanchjim Oxygens. I've been a/bing these sets because they are near the same price and they do actually sound very similar. O2 beats the Tea in the area you want.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2,665 of 3,872
"So I was checking on the tracking status of my IEMs. The Shuoer Tape Pro, KBear Believe, TRi i4 and KBear Lark and Moondrop SSP. Arghhh.....the Customs have my Moondrop SSP. That means £8.00 Royal Mail and probably £6 duty and VAT. As they say in my cockney lands F£$£ em. Karma is strange. Ring, Ring...the doorbell, and holding a little box was Mr Postman. Absolutely no idea what it was, except it was from dear old China. Excitedly opened the Box and 'lo and behold' it was the .........Shuoer Tape Pro. Silver version. It comes with a really lovely 2.5 balanced cable. Luckily I have a FiiO 2.5mm to 4.4mm converter, put on Spiral Dots and I was away and kicking with my HiBy R5. First things first. On my LZ A7 and TRi Starsea I have the volume at 30 out of 100 high gain and it's loud. The Tape Pro's need to be driven at about 40....edit....34. They like some juice. I'm just breaking them in, not even brain burned-in or any empirical burn-in. I never even heard the original Tape. So first words......excellent!! Vocals are great as is vocal timbre. I will say no more as there is some way to go...but these are good and no upper mid/treble glare. Very good job at tuning. Now my shopping is at the door and then I'm gonna listen some more. These are going to make a lot of folks happy."

So that was a bit earlier. Listening again the soundstage IMHO is not ultra wide but imaging is fairly good (but not up to the LZ A7 and the TRi Starsea, which have insane spatial characteristics). But that is made up for by the pure rhythmic nature of the driver and the accurate vocal timbre. Vocal timbre and intonation are even working when we are in the womb. The subtleties of timbre make our mothers and all voices unique. This Shuoer Tape Pro has great timbre on male voices. Tony Joe White and Mark Knopfler sound really like they should and flutes and gentle guitars are very musical. 2Pac, 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah', mid-bass is very strong, On the track 'Ear to There' on the Album, 'Rhydun' the deep drums BLAZE. On Nitin Sawhney, 'Anthem Without Nation', sub-bass is not totally accentuated but on Hans Zimmer, The Dark Night from 3.26 on it is very apparent.
For those who love classical music, Elgars Violin Concerto, The Philharmonia Orchestra, this IEM earns it's money and value, picking every instrument out and the timbre of the violins is lovely, separation and layering excellent.
These are just a few very early noticing's so don't read too much into what I am saying, it's early days.....burn-in is needed, both brain burn in and empirical burn-in. I remember with the Blon 05, at first I thought it was good, but over time the upper mids drove me mad and I can't listen to them now. These will not have that problem for sure, but these are early days. At the moment I think they sound really good and like them a lot.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #2,666 of 3,872
I've got both right now. The tea has more high treble, over 10k, but not necessary better, just more and it has BA tonality. Tea has a more balanced sound, where the EJ07 is just plain exciting. The EJ does in fact have more weight on the subbass area but not midbass, where the tea is a bit stronger. The EJ has less mid-bleed than the Tea which is not a lot already. Sidegrade? Not even close to me. EJ wins by a lot for me. Then again, if you the kind of person that is obsessive about 'rolled' treble, then you might not like the EJ. I hear it as being correct in terms of sounding real.

Actually, you might consider the Tanchjim Oxygens. I've been a/bing these sets because they are near the same price and they do actually sound very similar. O2 beats the Tea in the area you want.

Thankyou for the reply! In what respects does the EJ 'win' to your ears and what do you find exciting in comparison? I know we're dealing with a lot of subjectivity but you're insights are much appreciated.

I can get a good deal on the EJ's so I'd prefer to go for them over the Oxygens if possible.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #2,667 of 3,872
"So I was checking on the tracking status of my IEMs. The Shuoer Tape Pro, KBear Believe, TRi i4 and KBear Lark and Moondrop SSP. Arghhh.....the Customs have my Moondrop SSP. That means £8.00 Royal Mail and probably £6 duty and VAT. As they say in my cockney lands F£$£ em. Karma is strange. Ring, Ring...the doorbell, and holding a little box was Mr Postman. Absolutely no idea what it was, except it was from dear old China. Excitedly opened the Box and 'lo and behold' it was the .........Shuoer Tape Pro. Silver version. It comes with a really lovely 2.5 balanced cable. Luckily I have a FiiO 2.5mm to 4.4mm converter, put on Spiral Dots and I was away and kicking with my HiBy R5. First things first. On my LZ A7 and TRi Starsea I have the volume at 30 out of 100 high gain and it's loud. The Tape Pro's need to be driven at about 40....edit....34. They like some juice. I'm just breaking them in, not even brain burned-in or any empirical burn-in. I never even heard the original Tape. So first words......excellent!! Vocals are great as is vocal timbre. I will say no more as there is some way to go...but these are good and no upper mid/treble glare. Very good job at tuning. Now my shopping is at the door and then I'm gonna listen some more. These are going to make a lot of folks happy."

So that was a bit earlier. Listening again the soundstage IMHO is not ultra wide but imaging is fairly good (but not up to the LZ A7 and the TRi Starsea, which have insane spatial characteristics). But that is made up for by the pure rhythmic nature of the driver and the accurate vocal timbre. Vocal timbre and intonation are even working when we are in the womb. The subtleties of timbre make our mothers and all voices unique. This Shuoer Tape Pro has great timbre on male voices. Tony Joe White and Mark Knopfler sound really like they should and flutes and gentle guitars are very musical. 2Pac, 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah', mid-bass is very strong, On the track 'Ear to There' on the Album, 'Rhydun' the deep drums BLAZE. On Nitin Sawhney, 'Anthem Without Nation', sub-bass is not totally accentuated but on Hans Zimmer, The Dark Night from 3.26 on it is very apparent.
For those who love classical music, Elgars Violin Concerto, The Philharmonia Orchestra, this IEM earns it's money and value, picking every instrument out and the timbre of the violins is lovely, separation and layering excellent.
These are just a few very early noticing's so don't read too much into what I am saying, it's early days.....burn-in is needed, both brain burn in and empirical burn-in. I remember with the Blon 05, at first I thought it was good, but over time the upper mids drove me mad and I can't listen to them now. These will not have that problem for sure, but these are early days. At the moment I think they sound really good and like them a lot.
Thankyou for sharing your initial impressions, hoping you would do a comparison with LZ A7 after a while.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,668 of 3,872
The EJ is the most bombastic, fun IEM i've ever heard while being audiophile. Vocals absolutely sing on the EJ. It has 'relaxed' treble but not low resolution since quad est. It's so damn fun! Nothing else has hit me so nicely. Also, I can turn them up to deafening levels and it just sounds better and better until your ears start ringing.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #2,669 of 3,872
Thankyou for sharing your initial impressions, hoping you would do a comparison with LZ A7 after a while.
It's very early days and I want to be fair to the Shuoer Tape Pro. I haven't even tested out swapping the screws on the Tape Pro to increase the bass.The LZ A7 are exceptional though, but are at least double the price.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #2,670 of 3,872
Been awhile with my tape pro. Different sources and tips. I think there are fun choices to play around with your tape pro as well as other iems. Rolling sources and tips are never gonna be old.

All in all, tape pro packs some serious performance to price ratio. If u have problem with slow bass, you should know what you need to do, etc. Been rolling sources and tips, and i can say there's quite a jump if you drive your tape pro with 9038s standard mode (tube mode gives a lil omph but standard is a hifi mode).

Spiral dot on tape pro creates a little organic experience. It gives better bass control with the given bore size and the dots control the highs to not sound shouty and piercing.

With that said, at $129, Tape Pro is one of the most resolving sets I've ever heard given a little caveat that u need to tweak (sources and tips rolling, which is VERY normal to any kind of sets).

To summarize the Tape Pro, with my current favourite pair, Tape Pro is a bassy forward that skewed to neutral. There's no doubt that magnetostatic gives upper mids resolution on par with higher priced sets and it is really up there. What is lacking? To be picky, I would say the very least is pinpoint accuracy which is imaging. Tape Pro doesn't suffer from any transparency and seperation (at least with 9038s, which sounds superb in this regard) but imaging is not its strongest trait.

If you have 9038s and a spiral dot, do give it a try and to me this is a superb pair to start your journey with a Tape Pro.

If you have any questions, drop a comment and I'll try my best to answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back