Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #2,296 of 3,872
Yea they use different DDs, Conductor’s used in Soloist, the first liquid silicone on very thin kevlar DD and has very impactful bass just as you mentioned. But somehow I prefer EJ’s bass more (haven’t heard Conductor but got the Soloist, felt the bass is very bouncy - don’t know how to describe it more accurately!)

Does Conductor sound more “studio monitor” tuned? Apparently the idea is to create longer lasting listening experience by Shuoer (but I listen to EJ long sessions without any fatigue either). I prefer a bit brighter and treble, listens to quite a few Pops/Dance etc. hence I think EJ suits me better

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #2,297 of 3,872
The Conductor sounds more “studio monitor” tuned. I can do long listening on each without getting tired, they both sounded great, it depends on what each individual likes, EJ07 less impactful bass more rumble, Conductor more impactful bass less rumble. lol, why can't Shuoer make one with impactful bass and rumble? Perhaps, next model EJCon.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #2,301 of 3,872
Gotta say this rabbit hole of hi-fi iem. Is very troubling to me. While i just spent 550 my EJ07 and regret nothing. 2 years ago i would have thought was rediculas ammount of money. thats when i bought the bgvp dm6 for 220 on drop. Its kinda sad im already willing to see how far my limits are.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #2,302 of 3,872
The Conductor sounds more “studio monitor” tuned. I can do long listening on each without getting tired, they both sounded great, it depends on what each individual likes, EJ07 less impactful bass more rumble, Conductor more impactful bass less rumble. lol, why can't Shuoer make one with impactful bass and rumble? Perhaps, next model EJCon.

I gotta say, When I used the Xduoo 05+ with both EJ and Conductor the EJ slaughtered the Conductor in both slam and rumble. Something about that combo is just wow.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #2,303 of 3,872
Gotta say this rabbit hole of hi-fi iem. Is very troubling to me. While i just spent 550 my EJ07 and regret nothing. 2 years ago i would have thought was rediculas ammount of money. thats when i bought the bgvp dm6 for 220 on drop. Its kinda sad im already willing to see how far my limits are.
Tbh, 4yrs ago I bought se846 for ~$850 which is the same as current list price of the EJ07... I spent further $200 on the pure silver cable to go with it... I’d take ej & it’s stock cable today without any hesitation

The price/performance ratio is incomparable, I won’t even listen to the 846 today, apart from okayish bass, ej07 completely destroys it in every level, I won’t even pay $50 for it today

Then the rabbit hole chase goes on - MEST, almost double of the EJ if go CIEM version, sound defi not double better (better for sure thou) :)

I will say we go with what we can afford & Happy listening for everyone regardless :D ($550 for a set of EJ07 in mint condition is a great deal for me, I hope could have got the same in UK)

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #2,304 of 3,872

Here’s my perspective. Yes, I agree we should fight to keep our sanity when it comes to spending more and more money, but when you bought the DM6, you spent $220 for a really good Mid-Fi product at that time. You recently spent $550 (a Mid-Fi price) for an IEM that can legitimately compete with many Summit-Fi IEMs. You spent more than twice the amount, and got more than twice as good sound (I think). It is VERY rare to not have diminishing returns. Now, if suddenly you wouldn’t be satisfied unless you had the MMR Thummim then I’d say you might want to take a breather (though I think it is perfectly great for those that can afford/justify the Thummim to get it). If you can avoid FOMO, and wanting the next best thing and just enjoy the EJ07, then I say it’s money well spent.

I still think Head-fi is a relatively shallow money pit compared to being a car enthusiast, let alone boating.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #2,305 of 3,872
Then the rabbit hole chase goes on - MEST, almost double of the EJ if go CIEM version, sound defi not double better (better for sure thou)
I would love to hear the EJ07, but now having heard the MEST, as amazing as it is, I think different is more appropriate than better. I’m still a firm believer that past a certain point in quality, it all comes down to preferences, not any sort of clear superiority.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #2,306 of 3,872
Here’s my perspective. Yes, I agree we should fight to keep our sanity when it comes to spending more and more money, but when you bought the DM6, you spent $220 for a really good Mid-Fi product at that time. You recently spent $550 (a Mid-Fi price) for an IEM that can legitimately compete with many Summit-Fi IEMs. You spent more than twice the amount, and got more than twice as good sound (I think). It is VERY rare to not have diminishing returns. Now, if suddenly you wouldn’t be satisfied unless you had the MMR Thummim then I’d say you might want to take a breather (though I think it is perfectly great for those that can afford/justify the Thummim to get it). If you can avoid FOMO, and wanting the next best thing and just enjoy the EJ07, then I say it’s money well spent.

I still think Head-fi is a relatively shallow money pit compared to being a car enthusiast, let alone boating.
I would love to hear the EJ07, but now having heard the MEST, as amazing as it is, I think different is more appropriate than better. I’m still a firm believer that past a certain point in quality, it all comes down to preferences, not any sort of clear superiority.

Can’t agree more, it’s a great purchase of almost top of the line sound for “mere” $550, once up to certain quality, very bit of that extra just becomes incredibly hard to achieve hence diminishing returns.

Ah if you are in the UK I’d happily let you listen to my “backup” set no prob at all... but sending it over just not practical and expensive...

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #2,307 of 3,872
I was thinking 2DD + Planar + Quad EST + Bone Conduction driver = TOTL???? lol
Like this?

Screenshot_20200914-144512_Chrome.jpgp

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #2,309 of 3,872
I gotta say, When I used the Xduoo 05+ with both EJ and Conductor the EJ slaughtered the Conductor in both slam and rumble.
I know that "slam and rumble" is the popular tuning with iems these days but it's not for me.

I AM digging my Tape and P1.

I want more of that.

I got excited about the EJ07 for the EST tech.

I asked Linsoul: is the EJ an upgrade to the Tape? The Big Brother?

Answer: No, completely different.

I got excited about the new EST's from Thieaudio but it looks like even the Monarch which people describe as more reference is also just more "slam and rumble".

I'm a Beluga and Stoli Elit kind of guy, what can I say?

What's a boy to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back