Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 30, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1,966 of 3,872
Long time lurker on this site (finally decided to join, obviously haha) and I'm looking to make a purchase. I can't decide between EJ07 or the Conductor, I've watched BGGAR etc and read a lot of thoughts about the EJ07. I currently have the Moondrop A8s. However, there isn't much out there about the Conductor.

From someone who has listened to both sets, or even someone that has listening experience of the EJ07, would you mind going into more detail about its signature? Is it dark or warm etc? Soundstage, separation and vocals are important. Wouldn't consider myself a basshead (but do appreciate some punch). I listen to a bit of everything, but mostly electronic/pop/post-punk etc - synth heavy stuffy basically.

Any opinions/advice would be massively appreciated! If you have any earphones in the same price bracket as the above that you think might be worth my consideration, then please let me know

It's a little hard for me to answer but I also own the A8 and dearly love them. The EJ07 will likely sound more deep, much better bass below 40hz, has more rich mids where the A8 is a hair 'dry' but excellent. The A8 has a more typical BA treble section though EXTREMELY well controlled and tuned. Its wonderful. The EJ07 has more natural treble thanks to the EST drivers (to me). It also has more 3D deep/wide/below/above sound stage.

I'd say if you love the A8 the EJ07 will make you REAL happy. The EJ does elctronic/edm/rock/punk freakin great! Knocks it right out of the park.

The Conductor does all the EJ07 does with a slightly flatter signature. Conductor is slightly more balanced and less V shaped. Some music such as acoustic instrumentals sounds maybe richer with the Conductor and the EJ07 does better with badly recorded stuff since it is a bit more forgiving. They are both amaaaaaaazing!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,967 of 3,872
It's a little hard for me to answer but I also own the A8 and dearly love them. The EJ07 will likely sound more deep, much better bass below 40hz, has more rich mids where the A8 is a hair 'dry' but excellent. The A8 has a more typical BA treble section though EXTREMELY well controlled and tuned. Its wonderful. The EJ07 has more natural treble thanks to the EST drivers (to me). It also has more 3D deep/wide/below/above sound stage.

I'd say if you love the A8 the EJ07 will make you REAL happy. The EJ does elctronic/edm/rock/punk freakin great! Knocks it right out of the park.

The Conductor does all the EJ07 does with a slightly flatter signature. Conductor is slightly more balanced and less V shaped. Some music such as acoustic instrumentals sounds maybe richer with the Conductor and the EJ07 does better with badly recorded stuff since it is a bit more forgiving. They are both amaaaaaaazing!

Thanks for the additional impression on the Conductor.

This is my first ever posting, I believe, except postings on Sales forum. I also ordered Conductor from Linsoul but asked them to put on hold for now until I get a better understanding on its sound signature.

The area I personally think it is most important in sound (to me) is a presence and quality of treble or high. I own different pairs of speakers with electrostatic panels and dynamic drivers, and as much as I like the sound presentation that speakers w/ dynamic drivers offer, I really love the airy and ethereal presentation in mids and highs that electrostatic speakers do.

Looking at the FR graph, the Conductor may even be less potent (vs. ej07) as deeper drops occur after the 2K peak up until 10-11K-ish. Would appreciate if you can shed some more lights on the presentation and quality/quantity in highs of the Conductors.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #1,968 of 3,872
Yeah I hear the Conductor as being more meaty and the EJ07 has slightly more present treble section but only till about 11-12k and then the Conductor takes the win. I think overall you would hear the EJ07 as a bit brighter. Both iems have similar widness and EST love but the Conductor pulls in with some OCD detail way up there... which I don't care about that much myself. Ill say this the EJ07 has a bit more subbass energy than the Conductor, but its still fantastic. A8 is closer to the EJ07 I think.

Shuoer-EJ07-vs-Conductor-FR-2.png

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,969 of 3,872
Sheesh! @redrol, Shuoer tries to answer some criticisms of the EJ07 by coming out with the Conductor, only to see the Short Bus grow into a double decker!

However, based on your impressions so far, I have a feeling that many people will really like the Conductor, and it will develop it’s own following. Only time will tell, but I have a feeling nothing will truly replace the EJ07 anytime soon. More variety is a great thing.

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #1,971 of 3,872
This is strange - (well I am waiting for mine ST7) assuming you are using your Fiio DAP already? What cable did you use, stock cable from YY was pretty bad by the spec of it?

I read you need a good cable, eartips and POWER? Or could this be needing more burn-ins? Any improvements since this post?
DD driver needs some time to warm-up. I'd say 30 or 40 hours of playtime. It is too tight at the beginning.

I’m using fiio q1 mk2, stock unbalanced cable and Azla eartips.
Will try to change to a silver plated balanced cable soon and report.
Hope burn in can improve them as well, bringing to a bigger presentation than they are now.
Anyone using EQ for these IEMs?

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #1,973 of 3,872
Try a pure silver cable.
I just switched to a silver plated balanced cable, same setup, things sounds improved in some way.
I don't know if the dryness is due to Fiio amp or not. Maybe i should try listen to them also directly from the V20.
Do you advice to switch the BA filter from white to grey?

Anyhow, inside the board look like is different than EJ07.
See pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #1,974 of 3,872
I just switched to a silver plated balanced cable, same setup, things sounds improved in some way.
I don't know if the dryness is due to Fiio amp or not. Maybe i should try listen to them also directly from the V20.
Do you advice to switch the BA filter from white to grey?

Anyhow, inside the board look like is different than EJ07.
See pictures.

In my opinion fiio house sound is not a strong pairing for the EJ07. I have a fiio btr5, and I prefer my yinlumei s2. A dac / amp with mid weight/warmth is what works best imo. The s2 has an ak4497 chip in it. I'm not suggesting you need to change out all your gear for the EJ07 tournament sound good, but having spent a good 8 months or so with it, I've had the opportunity to do a lot of experimentation with various cables and dacs, and I went as far as to change filters etc.

Swapping the white filters for greys in the BA section makes the mids sound too harsh imo. But if you can manage to safely "pull up" the est filters and change them to greys, it made a positive impact on the soundstage and crispness in the highs. But admittedly is would not attempt to change the est filter unless you are comfortable with modding. The filter is inserted very deep and takes some patience to remove.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,975 of 3,872
I checked the specs of your amp. It seems like it might have not enough power output.
Yesterday I was testing a stock 3.5mm SPC cable with ZX505 single ended and experienced problems similar with your description. The sound was thin, shouty, not so beefy. Even on high gain it was 95/120 volume, and still I wish it could go louder.

With my 28 core cable and balanced high gain there are no such problems. The sound is full and rich. I still have to put some midbass EQ for Rock and Roll and Metal genres though.

I suggest you to wait untill DD warms-up and try to connect your earphones to a more potent source.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #1,976 of 3,872
I’m using fiio q1 mk2, stock unbalanced cable and Azla eartips.
Will try to change to a silver plated balanced cable soon and report.
Hope burn in can improve them as well, bringing to a bigger presentation than they are now.
Anyone using EQ for these IEMs?
Funny that I too have the same Q1 MII and personally I don’t find it any special and as @ulus effectively confirmed my suspicion in above post, you do need a better cable and “sadly” even a better DAC? Once I got my st7 I’ll prob go thru the same as you now! I do like my ak xb10 and hope it will be powerful enough if not will try other alternatives...

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #1,977 of 3,872
In my opinion fiio house sound is not a strong pairing for the EJ07. I have a fiio btr5, and I prefer my yinlumei s2. A dac / amp with mid weight/warmth is what works best imo. The s2 has an ak4497 chip in it. I'm not suggesting you need to change out all your gear for the EJ07 tournament sound good, but having spent a good 8 months or so with it, I've had the opportunity to do a lot of experimentation with various cables and dacs, and I went as far as to change filters etc.

Swapping the white filters for greys in the BA section makes the mids sound too harsh imo. But if you can manage to safely "pull up" the est filters and change them to greys, it made a positive impact on the soundstage and crispness in the highs. But admittedly is would not attempt to change the est filter unless you are comfortable with modding. The filter is inserted very deep and takes some patience to remove.
h problems. The sound is full and rich. I still have to put some midbass EQ for Rock a
Funny that I too have the same Q1 MII and personally I don’t find it any special and as @ulus effectively confirmed my suspicion in above post, you do need a better cable and “sadly” even a better DAC? Once I got my st7 I’ll prob go thru the same as you now! I do like my ak xb10 and hope it will be powerful enough if not will try other alternatives...

As i said, with a balanced cable things improved.

Anyhow, i was not anywhere near the limit on the 3.5mm unbalanced (70volume on V20 and half way on Fiio mk2) but sound was thin and very dry on high gain.
Now with a balanced cable (51volume on V20 and less than half way on Fiio mk2, considering its power output on balance is nearly double than on unbalanced) sound better.
Fiio mk2 should be a warm amp, nevertheless.
I'll also wait for the DD to burn in and try the BA filters switch to grey (considering is reversible).

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #1,979 of 3,872
Grey filters will sound more bright and harsh. Maybe brown?

1593598825019.png

I once ordered browns to test but the parcel never came.
With balanced cable are much improved. I would increase clarity on the mids . Are the BA supposed for mids? If yes I should change the easier filters to grey. Isn’t it? I would not try the est filter to avoid damages

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #1,980 of 3,872
With balanced cable are much improved. I would increase clarity on the mids . Are the BA supposed for mids? If yes I should change the easier filters to grey. Isn’t it? I would not try the est filter to avoid damages
Yes BA filter is for mids. Very easy to change. Changing to greyhound does make mids more prominent but it's too harsh for me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back