Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 26, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,921 of 3,872
Is anyone else facing issue with Linsoul since from last 5 days trying to reach via email or chat but no response, I really want the possibility to replace my Conductor Order with EJ07 after seeing all feedback here but worried about inferior built quality of EJ07. :disappointed_relieved:
Yea apparently the quality of ej07 could be a bit of hit and miss. I have tried to cancel my order, it was not shipped hence I hope can still do it - after all, I placed my order fully paid on 18th Jun and over a week still not dispatched. BTW, it is starting the day before as national holidays in China, guess thats why we have not heard anything from them.

I would suggest try cancelling if you can wait for price correction from Linsoul? On JD website ej07 price already dropped $100 vs conductor. Or get ST7 / Tristar as they are the same OEM and they are at around $700 mark currently.

Luckily though, on Linsoul website saying they provide 1 yr warranty so that is somewhat reassuring. (Still not good if IEM broke down after 1yr, in contrast my se846 been serving me daily for past 3yrs without any issue. The QC side in chi-fi needs to catch up urgently)

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,922 of 3,872
I've had ST7 for 2-3 months now and comparing to everything I have, its the most natural sounding iem. Not just tonality (vocals really shine) but sound space (if that's a thing.. ) its a surreal experience that you aren't listening to music but really emerged in a live experience (even more so when you listen to live recording..duh..lol). That being said, the greatest feature is also in your head. What I mean is how you hear and interpret the sounds coming from two small plastic pieces will determine if its for you. Small disclaimer is mine isnt stock anymore and I don't remember what stock settings were but I played with the filters in the nozzle.

This plays everything well but my personal fave have been live recordings, 80s and 90s music where its less synthesized and more about the singers and instruments played.

My setup is 4.4 6n ofc plugging into dx160 (3rd audio setting) and spiral dots. Im still on cloud 9 when i listen.. enjoy guys!

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,923 of 3,872
Is anyone else facing issue with Linsoul since from last 5 days trying to reach via email or chat but no response, I really want the possibility to replace my Conductor Order with EJ07 after seeing all feedback here but worried about inferior built quality of EJ07. :disappointed_relieved:

I've been trying to reach Linsoul without any answers as well recently. Still waiting on my L3 I ordered April 4

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #1,925 of 3,872
Wow it is indeed taking very long, in the past I had very pleasant experience, Stephen is a very nice guy and delivery to Europe was taking not more then a week. Now I am not sure :disappointed:
There has been resurgence of covid and related restrictions/lockdown in few cities, as well as they prob been on holidays since end of Tue due to Dragon Boat festival break,

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #1,926 of 3,872
Hey I was informed that shuoeracoustics.com is now live. That is cool. They never had an official website I noticed before.
Also, On Linsoul's Discord server, Shuoer has an official support gentleman who is great to chat with or ask questions.

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,927 of 3,872
Yea apparently the quality of ej07 could be a bit of hit and miss. I have tried to cancel my order, it was not shipped hence I hope can still do it - after all, I placed my order fully paid on 18th Jun and over a week still not dispatched. BTW, it is starting the day before as national holidays in China, guess thats why we have not heard anything from them.

I would suggest try cancelling if you can wait for price correction from Linsoul? On JD website ej07 price already dropped $100 vs conductor. Or get ST7 / Tristar as they are the same OEM and they are at around $700 mark currently.

Luckily though, on Linsoul website saying they provide 1 yr warranty so that is somewhat reassuring. (Still not good if IEM broke down after 1yr, in contrast my se846 been serving me daily for past 3yrs without any issue. The QC side in chi-fi needs to catch up urgently)

You have emailed linsoultech@gmail.com? Thats supposed to be the official support email.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #1,929 of 3,872
Hey I was informed that shuoeracoustics.com is now live. That is cool. They never had an official website I noticed before.
Also, On Linsoul's Discord server, Shuoer has an official support gentleman who is great to chat with or ask questions.
Nice! I’m glad they are establishing themselves as a good brand. If they can clean up any remaining QC issues, and continue to have consistently good products, hopefully they become the next Moondrop.

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #1,930 of 3,872
Thanks again for last couple of days' intense sharing and constant updating us! I too have contacted Linsoul requesting cancel of my order, since they prioritised you guys not even ready my order yet just made this works out for me.

I will hunt down a reduced priced EJ07 :D

Thanks again for sharing your take! And of course this massive thank you goes to @redrol as well.

No problem!

I successfully sold the Conductor today, and found myself gladly, without being asked by the interested party, reducing the price even further to essentially what I would have gotten back in refund from Linsoul after their 35% "re-stocking" fee. Giving back to a Head-Fi'er, rather than throwing the money at a prohibitively restrictive retail model, made up entirely in my mood for the "loss" in re-sale. It felt more like a partial gift, and giving feels good, if one is fortunate enough to be in the position to do so.

But this experience with the Shuoer flagships, and the entirely justified anxiety of those having ordered the Conductor, or thinking about ordering it, and waiting for impressions from one or two other users, has given me a beehive of buzzing thoughts this afternoon. I'm getting on a soapbox here. I'm also new enough to the community that my thoughts will likely have occurred to most of you, but since I do have at least one possible avenue towards a community solution, I want to see the response.

First, my honest, personal impressions:

1. The Shuoer Conductor is in no way obviously inferior to the Shuoer EJ07. In fact, I am not even certain my own preference would have been for the EJ07 in the long run, despite the fact that I sold the Conductor. The Conductor is a damned good, state-of-the-art, beneficially unique device, and deserves a wide hearing.

2. I was given 7 days to return the Conductor to Linsoul, and that only at a 35% loss. This necessarily leads to me a.) being super cautious about which product I purchase and b.) extremely hasty in making a decision. These points exacerbate as the price tier goes up.

Now, some more general observations:

This model of IEM purchasing royally screws over consumers who cannot directly test the models (anyone purchasing in most U.S. cities, and I gather, anyone outside of the Eastern hemisphere cities).

It creates the, again, justifiable psychological reaction, especially in the more expensive models, of thinking in terms of "end game's" and there being objectively "better," or more to the point, "best" products out there, with the game being on making the "right" choice almost entirely blind.

Few people can afford to hang onto more than one or two TOTL IEM's at a time, and the heavy penalty of the "re-stocking" fee makes this equivalent with "making one or two purchases, period," again, unheard, based only off frequently useful, but unavoidably partial opinions of others, delivered in an entirely different medium (verbal, when this is audition we're talking about).

Meanwhile, those who are lucky enough to be happy with the IEM they get often only have knowledge of that kind, or a few others, and are left in a psychological limbo of needing to defend the "rightness" of that choice (without any context), and of simultaneously being tempted to doubt they made a good choice, and suspect every other user's good experience as possibly having proven their own choice dated or blinkered. In other words, wide "knowledge" of the options out there, the actual distinctions between them, and the ACCESS to them needed to really understand one's own preferences, is unacceptably hard to obtain.

Now, then, what kind of model for consumption puts the power in the consumers' hands?

Headphones.com shows the benefit of not having a re-stocking fee. And the year-long try-out is nice, but is "a year" really the point of flexibility worth fighting for?

I propose instead something like the eyeglass companies that send you four or five (often quite expensive) models to try in-home.

Get rid of the re-stocking fees by figuring out that a broad swath of the consumer base doesn't care about boxes, and hates stock tips and often stock cables, and knows deep down that commemorative medals and such are cheap insults.

Then, offer buyers a chance to try, in-home, a set of four or five IEM's, putting the money down only for the most expensive one, say, with an agreement to be charged for any models damaged or lost. It doesn't have to be for a year, like headphones.com. What's important is having access to a variety with which to A/B, even just for two or three weeks.

The "trial" box is sent with just the earphones, and maybe two or three cables, also a variety on a "trial" basis. Cheap-o tips should be available free, but most of us buying at earphones more than $100 have enough of those already.

The company can use the UV light devices that clean iphones to sanitize the earphones and cables (or something similar), once they realize there is (and I think there is) a majority of us who are serious about the hobby who are fine with that, providing everyone is following the rules of careful handling (and make them explicit!).

~

Now here's my question: for us Chi-fi'ers, what would it take to get Linsoul (let's just consider that for now) to implement something like this?

They have a discord, they have relations with customers and with major reviewers like BGGAR.

Get a plan typed up, some refinement of the one above, with the best additions or subtractions, find as many people as we can on Head-fi or elsewhere who have shown Linsoul they are serious about the hobby, by having been a paying customer (in their database), and sign it like a petition. What would probably be even more effective is if an intermediate step were taken, where the pressure of a lot of regular, paying customers then was used to put pressure on the reviewers that Linsoul sends free product to to also sign the petition. The reviewers depend on the company, but also, and I would say ultimately, upon us. The reviewers need to be with us on this, though (and I suspect, or hope, that BGGAR would be, if we did the work of getting enough commitments together).

I am basically suggesting something like a consumers' union here. Not just to "save money", but to open the full range of the hobby up to more people, and most of all, to increase the knowledge of the products, and tunings, and thereby better the market's winnowing of chaff. Purchases not made on fear or anxiety, but on knowledge, are better for everyone, and for trust among consumers, reviewers, retailers, and designers.

Whatcha' think? Am I crazy?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #1,931 of 3,872
No problem!

I successfully sold the Conductor today, and found myself gladly, without being asked by the interested party, reducing the price even further to essentially what I would have gotten back in refund from Linsoul after their 35% "re-stocking" fee. Giving back to a Head-Fi'er, rather than throwing the money at a prohibitively restrictive retail model, made up entirely in my mood for the "loss" in re-sale. It felt more like a partial gift, and giving feels good, if one is fortunate enough to be in the position to do so.

But this experience with the Shuoer flagships, and the entirely justified anxiety of those having ordered the Conductor, or thinking about ordering it, and waiting for impressions from one or two other users, has given me a beehive of buzzing thoughts this afternoon. I'm getting on a soapbox here. I'm also new enough to the community that my thoughts will likely have occurred to most of you, but since I do have at least one possible avenue towards a community solution, I want to see the response.

1. The Shuoer Conductor is in no way obviously inferior to the Shuoer EJ07. In fact, I am not even certain my own preference would have been for the EJ07 in the long run, despite the fact that I sold the Conductor. The Conductor is a damned good, state-of-the-art, beneficially unique device, and deserves a wide hearing.

2. I was given 7 days to return the Conductor to Linsoul, and that only at a 35% loss. This necessarily leads to me a.) being super cautious about which product I purchase and b.) extremely hasty in making a decision. These points exacerbate as the price tier goes up.

This model of IEM purchasing royally screws over consumers who cannot directly test the models (anyone purchasing in most U.S. cities, and I gather, anyone outside of the Eastern hemisphere cities).

It creates the, again, justifiable psychological reaction, especially in the more expensive models, of thinking in terms of "end game's" and there being objectively "better," or more to the point, "best" products out there, with the game being on making the "right" choice almost entirely blind.

Few people can afford to hang onto more than one or two TOTL IEM's at a time, and the heavy penalty of the "re-stocking" fee makes this equivalent with "making one or two purchases, period," again, unheard, based only off frequently useful, but unavoidably partial opinions of others, delivered in an entirely different medium (verbal, when this is audition we're talking about).

Meanwhile, those who are lucky enough to be happy with the IEM they get often only have knowledge of that kind, or a few others, and are left in a psychological limbo of needing to defend the "rightness" of that choice (without any context), and of simultaneously being tempted to doubt they made a good choice, and suspect every other user's good experience as possibly having proven their own choice dated or blinkered. In other words, wide "knowledge" of the options out there, the actual distinctions between them, and the ACCESS to them needed to really understand one's own preferences, is unacceptably hard to obtain.

Now, then, what kind of model for consumption puts the power in the consumers' hands?

Headphones.com shows the benefit of not having a re-stocking fee. And the year-long try-out is nice, but is "a year" really the point of flexibility worth fighting for?

I propose instead something like the eyeglass companies that send you four or five (often quite expensive) models to try in-home.

Get rid of the damned re-stocking fees by figuring out that a broad swath of the consumer base doesn't care about boxes, and hates stock tips and often stock cables, and knows deep down that commemorative medals and such are cheap insults.

Then, offer buyers a chance to try, in-home, a set of four or five IEM's, putting the money down only for the most expensive one, say, with an agreement to be charged for any models damaged or lost. It doesn't have to be for a year, like headphones.com. What's important is having access to a variety with which to A/B, even just for two or three weeks.

The "trial" box is sent with just the earphones, and maybe two or three cables, also a variety on a "trial" basis. Cheap-o tips should be available free, but most of us buying at earphones more than $100 have enough of those already.

The company can use the UV light devices that clean iphones to sanitize the earphones and cables (or something similar), once they realize there is (and I think there is) a majority of us who are serious about the hobby who are fine with that, providing everyone is following the rules of careful handling (and make them explicit!).

~

Now here's my question: for us Chi-fi'ers, what would it take to get Linsoul (let's just consider that for now) to implement something like this?

They have a discord, they have relations with customers and with major reviewers like BGGAR.

Get a plan typed up, some refinement of the one above, with the best additions or subtractions, find as many people as we can on Head-fi or elsewhere who have shown Linsoul they are serious about the hobby, by having been a paying customer (in their database), and sign it like a petition. What would probably be even more effective is if an intermediate step were taken, where the pressure of a lot of regular, paying customers then was used to put pressure on the reviewers that Linsoul sends free product to to also sign the petition. The reviewers depend on the company, but also, and I would say ultimately, upon us. The reviewers need to be with us on this, though (and I suspect, or hope, that BGGAR would be, if we did the work of getting enough commitments together).

I am basically suggesting something like a consumers' union here. Not just to "save money", but to open the full range of the hobby up to more people, and most of all, to increase the knowledge of the products, and tunings, and thereby better the market's winnowing of chaff. Purchases not made on fear or anxiety, but on knowledge, are better for everyone, and for trust among consumers, reviewers, retailers, and designers.

Hey man, chill :))) prob me too had pushed you too hard last few days. :d The value of the forum show with user like yourself, we are grateful. And I’m sure the person got tour conductor too as you gave someone something wonderful (a gift of 35% off). Great from you.

Nevertheless, Linsoul has a test program I think that a chosen new IEM (or whatever) got send out to “trusted reviewers” ahead of time, 5-7days a slot. Something like that. Few folks here must be on that to help give honest reviews out of upcoming new gears. You need to purchase few times with Linsoul I think, to be on that list.

I agree with you (and myself was part of the problem you explained in this heart-felt post) that it’s a hard decision to make esp with $800 on the line. But I don’t think any retailers can do this trial testing - the required trial earbuds stock will cost a fortune already, prob blow out any profit might recouping.

the best way was to try them out in CamJam type of event? But again now we are in Covid world not going to be easy. Enjoy the rest of Fri and weekend!

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,932 of 3,872
No problem!

Get rid of the damned re-stocking fees by figuring out that a broad swath of the consumer base doesn't care about boxes, and hates stock tips and often stock cables, and knows deep down that commemorative medals and such are cheap insults.

~

A lot of good thoughts. While I agree with what you’re saying, I don’t know how feasible a lot of those proposals are financially, for the manufacturers and retailers. The major downside is all of the blind purchasing of the so-called Chi-Fi products, with shipping hassles, restocking fees, restrictive return policies, etc. The big advantage, is the deep discounted price to begin with, vs the more well-known (often Western) brands. For instance, if the Shuoer Conductor were, say the EE Conductor, it would probably retail for at least $2,500 (Probably upwards of $3K). The advantages of buying from a more “reputable“ company are options to try out their products first, or have a better trial period, with a bigger window for returns. But this is also not always the case. I blindly purchased a well-known US made IEM from a reputable retailer, in the US, who had a policy of all sales final for IEMs, due to “hygiene” reasons. I actually REALLY didn’t like the sound of that IEM, despite all of the many glowing reviews. “Fortunately” for me, it was also defective, so I was able to return it (the defect had nothing to do with the tuning of said IEM). Note, all my statements are from the POV of living in the US.

Regarding a “union” of consumers, in a way, that’s what the head-fi community represents. Not only for a lot of input prior to and after purchasing, but also as an outlet to sell, resell, trade products.

I hope I’m wrong though.

This is good food for thought. Perhaps you should start a separate thread with this topic.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #1,933 of 3,872
I hear ya.

The problem with the member trials at Linsoul is the one-at-a-time aspect of it. Until there is a way to A/B multiple sets for the average person, I do think the extraneous pressures of the purchasing process I've mentioned will remain. I imagine there are many ways to get at a solution for this (more local conventions, etc.), and it is entirely possible that there is not, or not at the moment, a way of achieving this even tangential to my solution. (Though I do wonder how headphones.com gets away with having single products out of hand for a whole year; this seems to at least suggest that three or four products out for two week intervals is not a catastrophe, profit-wise, even considering the lower prices charged in Chi-Fi: remember that they are potentially operating off less expenses than a US company, in the balance).

In any case, just to assure everyone, especially @Spa03, who may have been worried I was frustrated with him: this is all directed to the constraints the purchasing model puts on us. You all are AWESOME... period. And put up with a lot.

But yes, no more here. Carry on with the love.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,934 of 3,872
I hear ya.

The problem with the member trials at Linsoul is the one-at-a-time aspect of it. Until there is a way to A/B multiple sets for the average person, I do think the unrelated-pressures of the process I've mentioned will remain. I imagine there are many ways to get at a solution for this (more local conventions, etc.), and it is entirely possible that there is not, or not at the moment, a way of achieving this even tangential to my solution. (Though I do wonder how headphones.com gets away with having single products out of hand for a whole year; this seems to at least suggest three or four products out for two week intervals is not a catastrophe, profit-wise).

In any case, just to assure everyone, especially @Spa03 , who may have been worried I was frustrated with him: this is all directed to the constraints the purchasing model puts on us. You all are AWESOME... period. And put up with a lot.

But yes, no more here. Carry on with the love.
I’m not kicking you off the short bus man :)

but yea perhaps you can start a new thread on this subject, wider audience will chip in too.

Back to the original intention of this thread, how do you feel now waving goodbye to the new flagship leaving with EJ07? Are there anything in the Conductor you might/are missing?

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #1,935 of 3,872
I’m not kicking you off the short bus man :)

but yea perhaps you can start a new thread on this subject, wider audience will chip in too.

Back to the original intention of this thread, how do you feel now waving goodbye to the new flagship leaving with EJ07? Are there anything in the Conductor you might/are missing?

One of my consistently gripping experiences with the Conductor was listening to Neil Young records, live and studio. I ran ragged the recent release of Homegrown, and to use a descriptive metaphor from @redrol, sitting right up at the front of the stage may have been the best place for those tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back