Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,906 of 3,872
Because i love the Tape's performance on vocals genres i hear, granted, perhaps it was the mids doing the trick and indeed shouty at times that my unsophisticated ears got messed up with the highs/treble.
My comments were not supposed to sound insulting, and I apologize if they were. I was just curious what your preferences regarding midrange and vocals are, including if you like a lot of treble detail, since the Tape has a ton of treble detail, which is it’s claim to fame.

To my ears, vocals and treble are unquestionably strong and clear with the Conductor. If anything, it is the "micro-detail" of the treble that I am not certain adds anything essential to my experience.
So, I gather from your impressions that the treble is quite a bit more prominent on the Conductor, as suspected, but perhaps has a bit too much detail/intense treble relative to the EJ07, for your tastes? Have you ever heard the Tape? If so, how is the treble detail compared to the Conductor?

Also as suspected, it seems neither the Conductor nor the EJ07 is “superior” to the other one, but rather it’s a matter of one’s tastes in treble quantity and detail primarily?

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #1,907 of 3,872
My comments were not supposed to sound insulting, and I apologize if they were. I was just curious what your preferences regarding midrange and vocals are, including if you like a lot of treble detail, since the Tape has a ton of treble detail, which is it’s claim to fame.
Np, none taken, no need to apologise for anything, thanks for clarifying though. Love the details and clarity in Tape's treble, dropped my beloved 846! I was just direct replying to your curiosity - I did post quite a lot these days on this thread! :D

My eagerness has to do with the fact that time is ticking for me to make the right selection whilst still can (before Linsoul ship out my Conductor).

Back to Conductor vs ej07, from what I read via limited feedback, it is a super great monitor-grade IEM, but because of this new tuning, it is quite a bit different to ej07 which obviously is a hugely capable IEM and rightly loved by so many. Will take some beating to dethrone ej07 by its new "supposedly upgraded" sibling. We will find out when the detailed reviews are out, but apparently mids might be over powerful (which led to my question earlier whether that somehow distorted the trebles)? We will have to wait I guess :D :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #1,908 of 3,872
So, I gather from your impressions that the treble is quite a bit more prominent on the Conductor, as suspected, but perhaps has a bit too much detail/intense treble relative to the EJ07, for your tastes? Have you ever heard the Tape? If so, how is the treble detail compared to the Conductor?

Also as suspected, it seems neither the Conductor nor the EJ07 is “superior” to the other one, but rather it’s a matter of one’s tastes in treble quantity and detail primarily?

I have not heard the Tape's. My current, less expensive and out-of-the-house set is the ThieAudio L3's, to which, without a doubt, I prefer the EJ07 and Conductor. Here it is, I reckon, a rather straight-ahead matter of the sophistication of the drivers, what are called the "Technicalities," but also my idea of what constitutes "stage" and "separation," all so much more enjoyable in the Shuoer flagships. But these flagships (yes, even the Conductor, impedance rating be damned) require power (in my case, a Dragonfly Cobalt), and since I don't have a DAP (and am also scared of damaging expensive IEM's!), I use the TA 3's when I'm not at my desk.

I'm not savvy enough in reading frequency graphs to adequately account for what can seem "distracting" to me in a set like the z1r, or, to a much lesser extent, the Conductor, but I am assuming it is the high treble quantity, the "detail," as you say. @redrol will be much better at breaking down the technicalities, as ever. I want to stress, again, the vocals are quite heavenly with the Conductor for my tastes, not remotely a weakness, not compared to the EJ07 or any other set of IEM's or headphones I've heard. Not recessed, not smeared, all good. Put on a Joni Mitchell track from Blue, or Neil Young in the recent Homegrown release, and the Conductor will hold you rapt with their qualities, female and male.

Addendum: Also, for anyone who's concerned about the Conductor's mids, I recommend listening to Lisa Germano's track "Snow." With piano and her peculiar voice register, the Conductor triumphs. If there were something sketchy about it in the mids, it simply could not play back this track so perfectly.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #1,909 of 3,872
I have not heard the Tape's. My current, less expensive and out-of-the-house set is the ThieAudio L3's, to which, without a doubt, I prefer the EJ07 and Conductor. Here it is, I reckon, a rather straight-ahead matter of the sophistication of the drivers, what are called the "Technicalities," but also my idea of what constitutes "stage" and "separation," all so much more enjoyable in the Shuoer flagships.

Can I ask you to compare the L3 treble to the EJ07 treble? I had the L3 and there was some info missing in the treble because the treble was quite recessed. The EJ07 graph indicates less treble but the drivers should make up for it?

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,910 of 3,872
Can I ask you to compare the L3 treble to the EJ07 treble? I had the L3 and there was some info missing in the treble because the treble was quite recessed. The EJ07 graph indicates less treble but the drivers should make up for it?

I wrote a rather exhaustive comparison of the L3 and EJ07, with characteristic tracks, starting with this post (and one or two follow-ups):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thieaudio-legacy-3.930478/page-26#post-15641976

Suffice it to say here, I think what you felt as "missing" in the L3 is what led me to prefer it as my budget set. To be sure, this is not a judgment on your tastes, but a confirmation of mine: I suspect you are in the majority!

I noticed, today, that Toranku (on www.antdroid.net) has joined Crin's boosting of the relatively inexpensive Moondrop Blessing 2, which BGGAR hardly batted an eye at (we've never seen his eyes, but you get the idea...). I almost want to say, if one had the L3, Blessing 2, and Tanchjim Oxygen, one could--by way of speculation!--guess what kind of technically-savvy reviewer (BGGAR, Crin/Toranku, @redrol, respectively) one might be able to trust for a TOTL preference. It is in this sense that I bet I'd prefer the Oxygen to the L3, if only because redrol's opinions on the sets I do own match up more with mine.

But you very well may have ears closer to (never the same, obviously) as one of the other clusters of listeners. In which case, a set like the Blessing 2 (or the Conductor!) might seem to you so obviously superior to a set like the EJ07 (for treble, for detail, however one puts it), that it wouldn't even be a question.

Addendum: I've never heard the Blessing 2. Also, some one should lend @redrol a pair of ier-z1r's. For the scientific interest of the thing, you know :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,912 of 3,872
OK since folks already have it in their hands, lets talk.

I hear this. The mid-mids have been increased quite a bit, from the 2.5k Peak going down to 2k. This is not at all minor. Human hearing is most sensitive in this area due to voices landing smack in this range. After some extensive a/b comparison I hear he EJ07 actually as being a bit V shaped now. The conductor being more flat. I do not think the extra detail above 10k matters but what DOES matter is the 8k peak being diminished as well as high mids. This leads to a different presentation much much more akin to very high end studio monitors with a.. im sure you can guess.. flat sound. I suddenly got reminded of some Adam monitors I tried recently.

Now by flat I do not mean there is no 3D holographic stage. It's there and Im pretty sure as good as the EJ07. BUT what happens is by pushing the mids forward, it changes your sorta 'Virtual Seat' in the soundstage up to the front of the stage. Where the EJ07 keeps you middle to back of the stage with the most reverberations mixing with the sound. No Joke.

Bass has been evened out and changed from a subwoofer type effect to a more even subbass/midbass tone. Nothing to hate on here at all. Better than any BA set and quite ... flat.

I can say the EJ07 is more forgiving for source material where the Conductor is a tad more picky.. but not bad. Nothing like the Fearless Crinacle set I am reviewing. :beerchug:

To be clear, I've never heard mids like this on an IEM. Ever. It may be a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1,913 of 3,872
Now by flat I do not mean there is no 3D holographic stage. It's there and Im pretty sure as good as the EJ07. BUT what happens is by pushing the mids forward, it changes your sorta 'Virtual Seat' in the soundstage up to the front of the stage. Where the EJ07 keeps you middle to back of the stage with the most reverberations mixing with the sound. No Joke.

Seconded. Now I am thinking of my A/B'ing of these sets like restlessly moving from seat to seat in an auditorium.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,915 of 3,872
Id be curious if anyone can compare the EJ07 and Conductor with 64a u12 or 18, legend x or the anole vx or even the UM Mest. I listened to BGGAR review but his preferences do not align in the slightest. I believe in his legacy 3 review he said it was better than the legend x...so with comments like that, definitely not on the same page.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #1,916 of 3,872
Thank you @tinkofse and @redrol for all of your early opinions, especially with so many of us anxiously awaiting them. So it really sounds like the Conductor and the EJ07 are 2 differently tuned IEMs, for different tastes and different purposes. The Conductor seems like it may shape up to be the best reference IEM of all of the tribrids. It looks like Shuoer has 2 winning formulas on their hands, great for cementing a place in the IEM universe.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #1,917 of 3,872
As indicated before, I meant to sell one of the Shuoer flagships, and I've decided to keep the EJ07's. Check the classifieds forums to see my listing (don't know if it's appropriate to directly link here) if you're interested in owning the Conductor, and feel free to make an offer (PM of course). I want someone to enjoy them, and hopefully it'll be someone for whom the TOTL price tier would otherwise be forbidding. Check my previous posts here for my impressions and reasons for selling one of these pairs.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #1,918 of 3,872
As indicated before, I meant to sell one of the Shuoer flagships, and I've decided to keep the EJ07's. Check the classifieds forums to see my listing (don't know if it's appropriate to directly link here) if you're interested in owning the Conductor, and feel free to make an offer (PM of course). I want someone to enjoy them, and hopefully it'll be someone for whom the TOTL price tier would otherwise be forbidding. Check my previous posts here for my impressions and reasons for selling one of these pairs.
Thanks again for last couple of days' intense sharing and constant updating us! I too have contacted Linsoul requesting cancel of my order, since they prioritised you guys not even ready my order yet just made this works out for me.

I will hunt down a reduced priced EJ07 :D

Thanks again for sharing your take! And of course this massive thank you goes to @redrol as well.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,919 of 3,872
I will hunt down a reduced priced EJ07
TRI Starlight and YY ST7 are the same OEM models as EJ07 with diferrent faceplates and acessories. During AE sales it is often possible to catch $500-ish price. I got mine ST7 for $510 last autumn and invested $150 more in a good cable.

As for now, it still wins for me any iems up to $1000 MSRP that I've tested including Sony IER-M9.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #1,920 of 3,872
Is anyone else facing issue with Linsoul since from last 5 days trying to reach via email or chat but no response, I really want the possibility to replace my Conductor Order with EJ07 after seeing all feedback here but worried about inferior built quality of EJ07. :disappointed_relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back