Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #1,876 of 3,872
It is on 3:09 of the review. It is not about muted vocals, quite the opposite. The higher part of the vocals was shouty sometimes on the test track. I actually pointed it in my graph analysis few posts ago - 2khz peak is often causes such problems.

And by the way, neither EJ07 nor Conductor are basshead iems. EJ07 sounds a bit dry on the bass to me, but I can't say I'm a basshead person. According to BGGAR Conductor has a bit more warmth, but sounds softer, has less punch ability.
Sorry lost track - did you order Conductor too or just waiting for reviews? Will be most valuable for current ej07 users to compare the two, esp for those not yet placed orders. Forgot to add, yes for me some tracks the high 3-5k range was too unbearable had to volume down, so hoping Conductor can resolve that for me :)

Thanks for the feedback, sounded like I have made the correct gamble - I am staying positive again :D :)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,877 of 3,872
Just watched BGGAR on Youtube of the comparison of ej07, conductor and JQ, not spill the beans but he still prefers the ej the most. his further comments are: build quality, presentation and tuning (more details in the mids/treble) for conductor prob will appeal for most people. Using his ranking and my personal preference, I think I have made the correct call in choosing the Conductor :D I really like the Tapes' treble and detailed character, hope will still get them, would be sad if not...

Can't wait to get my hands on them, sadly still no development on actual shipping date yet despite Linsoul has generated the dhl request

I can hear some of the BGGAR items mentions on the JQ with music produced in the 70's and 80's. However it does not show up in music produced in 2000's for example. Also some of the bass elements mentioned don't show up with Hip Hop genre.

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #1,878 of 3,872
I can hear some of the BGGAR items mentions on the JQ with music produced in the 70's and 80's. However it does not show up in music produced in 2000's for example. Also some of the bass elements mentioned don't show up with Hip Hop genre.
Totally, I don't have ej07 nor JQ, but as a comparison, Hotel California sounded so much better on the BL03 than Tape, I ended up having to swap them for different genres which, is a bit annoying to say the least as I ended up almost having to split my playlists... Hoping Conductor can resolve this (hopefully not a huge unrealistic ask!)

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #1,879 of 3,872
Sorry lost track - did you order Conductor too or just waiting for reviews? Will be most valuable for current ej07 users to compare the two, esp for those not yet placed orders.
No, I'm staying with my ST7 (EJ07). More treble for me is not the upgrade. I often listen to Hard Rock and different Metal genres so this treble boost that Conductor is offering will do no good for me. When a drummer spends half time of a track smashing those hi-hats, you don't want him doing it in your face.

EJ07 with my current setup (ZX505 and thick SPC cable) has near the perfect balance for all different music I play. The Conductor will require much more EQing, wich I don't like.

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,880 of 3,872
No, I'm staying with my ST7 (EJ07). More treble for me is not the upgrade. I often listen to Hard Rock and different Metal genres so this treble boost that Conductor is offering will do no good for me. When a drummer spends half time of a track smashing those hi-hats, you don't want him doing it in your face.

EJ07 with my current setup (ZX505 and thick SPC cable) has near the perfect balance for all different music I play. The Conductor will require much more EQing, wich I don't like.
Fair enough, I suppose for most ej07 owners not worth the upgrade but from the graph it seemed mostly small db improvements in Conductor from bass to around 2k, from there onwards the line actually goes below ej07 for 2-3db and only after 10k rises above ej07? (can't remember who posted the graph but was in earlier posts), so I am hoping its a smoother / subtle improvement - as someone closer to Shuoer commented similarly as well. Should be good for those (like myself) had not heard/own ej07.

Definite waiting to hear Shuoer Bus CEO's review :D - hurry up mate :D :)

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,881 of 3,872
Careful, you don’t want to rush him too much. It’s crucial to get the product well evaluated, so no early jumping to conclusions.

You can get a general idea about overall tuning between the 3 tribrids, from BGGAR’s comparison, but also be careful not to jump to big conclusions from that. My general take away was that the JQ HJ is quite different, but the differences between the EJ07 and Conductor may not be huge.

I understand the rush is due to the recent Linsoul sale.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,882 of 3,872
The EJ07 does vocals super super well. No muted anything. That is for sure. The Conductor moves the mid peak from 2.5k to 2k. Vocals live between about 800hz and 2.5k roughly. Make your own conclusions because I have not yet. Having said that, neither of these sets are vocally challanged... Hhaha! Vocals would be a strong suit imo.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #1,883 of 3,872
The EJ07 does vocals super super well. No muted anything. That is for sure. The Conductor moves the mid peak from 2.5k to 2k. Vocals live between about 800hz and 2.5k roughly. Make your own conclusions because I have not yet. Having said that, neither of these sets are vocally challanged... Hhaha! Vocals would be a strong suit imo.
Looks like a great challenge for you early birds to get to a conclusion! Perhaps simply because the changes are indeed too subtle and hard to tell? I think eagerly most people got the same question - is it better than ej07 or not :D (as you have not made up your mind just illustrated the difficult in making such conclusion?).

For such small difference, and for the better build and prettier faceplate, i am happy and hopefully will be when receiving mine Conductor!

Nevertheless, great stuff - very informative and thank you as always!! Continue waiting for your update :)

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,884 of 3,872
Careful, you don’t want to rush him too much. It’s crucial to get the product well evaluated, so no early jumping to conclusions.

You can get a general idea about overall tuning between the 3 tribrids, from BGGAR’s comparison, but also be careful not to jump to big conclusions from that. My general take away was that the JQ HJ is quite different, but the differences between the EJ07 and Conductor may not be huge.

I understand the rush is due to the recent Linsoul sale.

To add to this, it is important to remember how much the EJ07 has moved around in BGGAR's estimation before it reached its current, high position. Though he certainly rec'd it from the beginning, it was initially below (in his old, price-tier ranking) several items it has since superseded. Neither was it, once the Crin-letter-grade change came, in the S's, or even at the top of the A's. Then there is the case of the Roland, which was top of the heap a few months ago, and is now straggling behind in BGGAR's B's. Which is all to say, not only does BGGAR need more than a single cage-match listening session of a few songs he is super-familiar with to determine what the relative strengths of these sets are with confidence, but he also seems to be affected by his viewers' own takes over time (the falling into disfavor of the Roland, the rising up of the EJ07 in the letter-ranking). By this final point, I do not mean to denigrate him: he has acknowledged as much, as he (one of his best points) acknowledges pretty much everything else. My take is that he is still very much in his "initial impressions" stage.

In any case, my Conductor has arrived in the US, and should be here in a few days (estimated Monday, but DHL usually over-estimates). Once I have it, I imagine it will take many days, possibly weeks, to arrive at a clear preference between it and the EJ07... if one is to be had. In my experience, often times what may seem a preference for an older over a newer set is simply a registration of the difference itself. A new set that becomes a new favorite has to "teach" your ears what you did not know you were missing out on in a previously favorite set. At the same time, it may teach you more about why that set was favored, and still is. Moving through the phases of this learning process is what simply cannot be done in two or three afternoons. Training to new possibilities takes time.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #1,885 of 3,872
To add to this, it is important to remember how much the EJ07 has moved around in BGGAR's estimation before it reached its current, high position. Though he certainly rec'd it from the beginning, it was initially below (in his old, price-tier ranking) several items it has since superseded. Neither was it, once the Crin-letter-grade change came, in the S's, or even at the top of the A's. Then there is the case of the Roland, which was top of the heap a few months ago, and is now straggling behind in BGGAR's B's. Which is all to say, not only does BGGAR need more than a single cage-match listening session of a few songs he is super-familiar with to determine what the relative strengths of these sets are with confidence, but he also seems to be affected by his viewers' own takes over time (the falling into disfavor of the Roland, the rising up of the EJ07 in the letter-ranking). By this final point, I do not mean to denigrate him: he has acknowledged as much, as he (one of his best points) acknowledges pretty much everything else. My take is that he is still very much in his "initial impressions" stage.

In any case, my Conductor has arrived in the US, and should be here in a few days (estimated Monday, but DHL usually over-estimates). Once I have it, I imagine it will take many days, possibly weeks, to arrive at a clear preference between it and the EJ07... if one is to be had. In my experience, often times what may seem a preference for an older over a newer set is simply a registration of the difference itself. A new set that becomes a new favorite has to "teach" your ears what you did not know you were missing out on in a previously favorite set. At the same time, it may teach you more about why that set was favored, and still is. Moving through the phases of this learning process is what simply cannot be done in two or three afternoons. Training to new possibilities takes time.
Yea agree - thx for sharing the progress of BGGAR's take on ej07, very good to know.

When did you order your conductor? I did it on 18th but still only received the dhl code on last Sat then no further updates, yours at least made it to US already...

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,886 of 3,872
Yea agree - thx for sharing the progress of BGGAR's take on ej07, very good to know.

When did you order your conductor? I did it on 18th but still only received the dhl code on last Sat then no further updates, yours at least made it to US already...

I ordered mine on the 18th and received my code on Sat as well. Updates started to be indicated early Monday morning (my time, central standard), and this afternoon there is an indication that customs have been updated in Cincinnati. I assume this means it has arrived, but maybe it's just communication before arrival... don't know how this works.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #1,887 of 3,872
The differences are not that subtle between EJ07 and Conductor and anyone that owns the EJ07 will not find the Conductor redundant. Pretty sure of that. As I said moving the mid peak from 2.5 to 2k is big difference.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #1,888 of 3,872
The differences are not that subtle between EJ07 and Conductor and anyone that owns the EJ07 will not find the Conductor redundant. Pretty sure of that. As I said moving the mid peak from 2.5 to 2k is big difference.
Alright okay, so my hope of a subtle difference is out of the window! Guess I just have to wait for you guys or if my order got shipped sooner enough to listen myself. :)

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #1,889 of 3,872

Agree a lot of variability in his moods 😉. I have noticed in the past that the music he chooses for comparison gives him a good baseline for comparison but also does not account how in depth music production has changed over time. I hear some his thoughts and it gives me a starting point. But for example I had all ThieAudio units and saw huge variability when moving between genres and production years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back