Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 8, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #1,231 of 3,867
Has the ej07/st7 a holographic imaging? Thats the only thing that i miss on the tape. The rest is perfect. I had a Toneking Shockwave 3 and it was very holographic. Everything sounded like 3D. You can close your eyes and "see" every instrument in front of you on its own layer and position and moved back and forth.
pinpoint detail and imaging is definitely a strength, yes. very layered, with noticeable separation and clarity between instruments. This is one of its biggest strengths, IMO.
Yes it has. Agree to Hisma.
But after the Tape you'll get less bass and treble.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #1,232 of 3,867
interesting on the re-brand. why build up some name recognition but then go off and change it? Whenever I tell people that I have a shuoer IEM tho, they laugh and go "a chinese shure?"
But I think shuoer is pinyin, Shuò ěr, or 铄耳, which translates to ear. Makes more sense in that way, especially when the logo looks sort of like an ear. SOWE makes no damn sense tho. Maybe each letter stands for something ala BLON
Actually, since Cantonese is the main language used in Hong Kong, SOWE is simply the 铄耳 pronounced in Cantonese rather than Mandarin. It is said like Sow-E. I guess it all makes sense now since the store I usually go to in Hong Kong sent me the listing for the Singers. I was confused what brand I was dealing with until I saw the listing on Linsoul and put 2 and 2 together.

He said the vocal performance and ability to be tuned by filters was absolutely unbeatable at this price range. Didn't get the chance to try them but man I wanted to tack on the extra cash so he could send them in along with my customs. This hobby really makes you want to buy a ton of cheaper IEMs. Gotta exercise self control!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #1,233 of 3,867
I recommend trying the filter change on the BA from white to grey. As I mentioned above that particular mod is very easy, and reversible if you don't like it. I personally am very happy with what it did to the sound. It reduced the "shoutiness" that sometimes happens with the vocals being so forward. The change mainly boosted the treble, which to me causes the mids stage to recess a bit, and adds some sparkle to the highs. It also makes the sound stage feel less narrow as a result of pushing back the mids a bit (I don't think the mids are actually pushed back, it just feels that way due to the treble becoming more emphasized).
I was surprised how much the change affected the both the mids and the treble, considering the BAs are only used for mids, but I really like the transformation. Detail/imaging is still strong, but now the sound has more sparkle & less "in your face" mids. The only negative is treble can get hot with certain tracks... I find the IEM less forgiving now, especially with poor recordings.

pinpoint detail and imaging is definitely a strength, yes. very layered, with noticeable separation and clarity between instruments. This is one of its biggest strengths, IMO.

Could you tell me the process for doing this - 1) where did you get the grey replacement filters from?

2) Did you use the Tap (female thread forming tool) to screw in and remove the White filter on the BA tube? (What size tap did you use?)

3) Did you do the same to insert the grey filter (use a tap to form a thread on the filter to insert the grey filter in the tube)? Did you need to glue it in place, and if so, what sort of glue?

Sorry for all the questions; I think I'd like to try this mod myself :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,234 of 3,867

#headfi #SHUOERsinger #earbuds
SHUOER 歌者 Singer 耳式 REVIEW耳機評測

review with english subtitles

looks like the singer needs some juice as well to shine - besides that different ear tips for better fit (if the standard ones don't work) have been mentioned

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #1,236 of 3,867
Could you tell me the process for doing this - 1) where did you get the grey replacement filters from?

2) Did you use the Tap (female thread forming tool) to screw in and remove the White filter on the BA tube? (What size tap did you use?)

3) Did you do the same to insert the grey filter (use a tap to form a thread on the filter to insert the grey filter in the tube)? Did you need to glue it in place, and if so, what sort of glue?

Sorry for all the questions; I think I'd like to try this mod myself :)

I posted a link earlier to where to buy -
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-damper-knowles.html

You can get the tool & the filter through that link. Might be other places to buy but ali definitely has them.

Yes, you use the threaded end to remove & replace the filter. Don't need any glue at all. It just slides in & out. The insertion depth is right at the top of the nozzle, which makes it very easy to remove & replace.

I know people may be nervous about doing this mod, especially with what I experienced with the vent filter, but I assure its easy & safe if you just do the BA filter only. Totally worth trying because it changes the sound very noticeably. For me the change is for the better. If you don't like the change, you can easily put the white filter back in and return it to the stock sound.

Also, nobody has really elaborated on the stock cable vs custom cable, but I can confirm that going with a high quality pure silver cable made a noticeable difference over the stock cable as well. The stock cable is not very good at all. And between pure copper vs pure silver, the pure silver gave me a preferred sound signature.

My current setup -

EJ07 w/ grey filters in BA tube + 8-core pure silver cable + large azla sedna earfit (non-light) + meizu pro dongle/9038S (depends on my mood/listening situation). After owning for roughly 1 month this is the best & most enjoyable combo. Crazy detail/clarity/pscho-acoustics. Tight bass (but not bass-head level), amazing timbre tonality in the mids, slight sparkle in the highs but a tad hot in some tracks due to the grey filters vs white. Vocals less forward & shouty vs stock, stage is wider than stock.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #1,237 of 3,867
Maybe his balanced output is faulty and he just doesn't know? I quickly checked the specs of his DAP and they say this

dLz0boR.png

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #1,238 of 3,867
I posted a link earlier to where to buy -
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-damper-knowles.html

You can get the tool & the filter through that link. Might be other places to buy but ali definitely has them.

Yes, you use the threaded end to remove & replace the filter. Don't need any glue at all. It just slides in & out. The insertion depth is right at the top of the nozzle, which makes it very easy to remove & replace.

I know people may be nervous about doing this mod, especially with what I experienced with the vent filter, but I assure its easy & safe if you just do the BA filter only. Totally worth trying because it changes the sound very noticeably. For me the change is for the better. If you don't like the change, you can easily put the white filter back in and return it to the stock sound.

Also, nobody has really elaborated on the stock cable vs custom cable, but I can confirm that going with a high quality pure silver cable made a noticeable difference over the stock cable as well. The stock cable is not very good at all. And between pure copper vs pure silver, the pure silver gave me a preferred sound signature.

My current setup -

EJ07 w/ grey filters in BA tube + 8-core pure silver cable + large azla sedna earfit (non-light) + meizu pro dongle/9038S (depends on my mood/listening situation). After owning for roughly 1 month this is the best & most enjoyable combo. Crazy detail/clarity/pscho-acoustics. Tight bass (but not bass-head level), amazing timbre tonality in the mids, slight sparkle in the highs but a tad hot in some tracks due to the grey filters vs white. Vocals less forward & shouty vs stock, stage is wider than stock.

Thanks Hisma: have found them on AE

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #1,239 of 3,867
Hey folks do we know for sure how many drivers are in each Tape? 2 or 1 ? Estat + or just Estat?

I’m thoroughly enjoying the Shuoer H27, very balanced, great bass and tons of detail....does anyone else like it? Have it?

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #1,241 of 3,867
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,242 of 3,867
I have just ordered my shuoer tape I had a little chat with them on taobao over their official account and they have assured me that the QC issues of the past have been rectified and they will come with standard 1 year warranty. Any suggestions for the aftermarket eartips?
And for everyone that will get the QC issue on the first version, will they substitute them for free?

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #1,243 of 3,867
So far I got right IEM half volume once and left IEM completely muted. Wore them half an hour outside, made sure my ears were clean and dry, removed them, the grille was ****ing wet I swear to god. These have a serious problem with moisture, I have the ones that came with the balanced cable, as well. Still work fine but major caveat and thing to consider if buying for sure

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #1,244 of 3,867
I have just ordered my shuoer tape I had a little chat with them on taobao over their official account and they have assured me that the QC issues of the past have been rectified and they will come with standard 1 year warranty. Any suggestions for the aftermarket eartips?
Which one that they will guarantee ? With a balance cable ? Or the new batch ?

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #1,245 of 3,867
So nobody knows whats in the Tape driver wise?
Some descriptions are just plain sad on AE, wrong info, wrong item #....etc.etc.
The tape has the Estat for sure.....it sounds like two drivers to me. A dynamic and the estat.
Anybody know for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back