Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 9, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #2,987 of 3,872
TP tuning is definitely dark, not for everyone I suppose. For those of whom like myself, a nice change after heavily & extensive listening of bright sets such as EJ07...

Anyways, just been told by my contact back in China, Shuoer did a raffle for those of whom purchased their products since June 2020 and the top price is 2 EJ09!!!! What an amazing surprise we didn’t see any announcement at all!! Anyways, 2nd price are 4, either EJ07 or Conductor, 3rd is TP and finally 50 of whom got a metal earphone container.
0036320A-2EDC-4E0B-B760-850332C3F379.png

Checked mine got nothing... congrats to all the lucky winners, apparently just contact Shuoer official channel (FB/email them?) with pic of your serial no. to claim.

The two jackpot winners can share their views on the EJ09 among the earliest few?! Judging by the price in China it’s going to be over $1200 for us!!! Very great start to 2021, really happy for everyone (so sad none of my 5 sets were on the list, maybe I need to buy more😂😂), pls post if you win the big ones! Congrats again to all the winners

Edit: just realised that Shuoer FB had already posted the winning serial no. already

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,989 of 3,872
Man @Spa03 the EJ is considered dark by most other chifi reviewers.

[edit] sadness, all 3 of my EJ have serials below any winners.
LOL !!! I came from 846, listened few QDC sets etc. So I found EJ07 bright😫😂

Which is bright sets? Tape OG could be right? But that’s more than bright even shouty. TP vs OG and in that matter EJ07 is darker

Look out for the lucky winners of EJ09!!!

Jan 9, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,990 of 3,872
Wow dude @Spa03 Maybe a source thing going on for you? I'd rate the EJ 'normal' brightness. Just about every other high end set I have tried is brighter and some are a ton more.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,991 of 3,872
Dude I’m saying after my extensive lound listening of EJ07 is bright vs TP which is dark :)

Not heard as many TOTL sets but for me EJ07 is very musical and bright, not in negative way, still my fav IEM of all times 👍💪

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #2,992 of 3,872
Dude I’m saying after my extensive lound listening of EJ07 is bright vs TP which is dark :)
That 'dark' sound of the TP is what attracts me. The sound is quite retro to me and comes from a dark background. Very remiscent of sound styles that were common in UK HiFi many moons ago. Very easy to listen to.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #2,993 of 3,872
That 'dark' sound of the TP is what attracts me. The sound is quite retro to me and comes from a dark background. Very remiscent of sound styles that were common in UK HiFi many moons ago. Very easy to listen to.

the TP reminds me of some mixing monitor like the Yamaha NS10: not very natural sounding (and poorly received when first introduced), but many mixing engineers ended up using them because it turned out that if you can mix good in those, it would sound great in most other system.
the TP has it's uses and does good in some situations. i ended up liking it enough that i'm using it as one of my daily TWS driver

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,994 of 3,872
the TP reminds me of some mixing monitor like the Yamaha NS10: not very natural sounding (and poorly received when first introduced), but many mixing engineers ended up using them because it turned out that if you can mix good in those, it would sound great in most other system.
the TP has it's uses and does good in some situations. i ended up liking it enough that i'm using it as one of my daily TWS driver
I accept everybody has different taste, but I have found time to be a good friend of the Tape Pro. Whether it's brain burn-in, or empirical burn-in, the sound has grown on me? On the HiBy R5 when using Amazon HD I just equalise and add a sprinkling of treble and I get a sound I like a lot.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,995 of 3,872
Totally, first listen was definitely underwhelming - but as soon as I crank up the vol I started to like it a lot. Compliments my EJ07 really well, perfect “reset”

For myself, use previous food experience (totally not relevant to earphones 😂), the TP situation is like someone first time tried olives but over time with the right “stuffing” you will end up love it - of course it’s not steak but we still like it very much. Well at least for some, unfortunately for others it’s just totally unacceptable...

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #2,996 of 3,872
Totally, first listen was definitely underwhelming - but as soon as I crank up the vol I started to like it a lot. Compliments my EJ07 really well, perfect “reset”

For myself, use previous food experience (totally not relevant to earphones 😂), the TP situation is like someone first time tried olives but over time with the right “stuffing” you will end up love it - of course it’s not steak but we still like it very much. Well at least for some, unfortunately for others it’s just totally unacceptable...
TP=olives stuffed with 💩 , cheers !

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #2,997 of 3,872
TP=olives stuffed with 💩 , cheers !
Wow not sure anyone actually tried such combi? Sorry for him. I like my olives with garlic and lemon with coriander

Anyways, we all have different listen preference, for you TP = 💩 not necessary means same for everyone, thank you for sharing your view. This can only help others to decide. It’s cheap for me and glad money not waste, suggest you try sell yours (if not already) to someone else who might appreciated more

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #2,998 of 3,872
Jan 10, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #2,999 of 3,872
Wow not sure anyone actually tried such combi? Sorry for him. I like my olives with garlic and lemon with coriander

Anyways, we all have different listen preference, for you TP = 💩 not necessary means same for everyone, thank you for sharing your view. This can only help others to decide. It’s cheap for me and glad money not waste, suggest you try sell yours (if not already) to someone else who might appreciated more
I know it's a cheap set , cheap sound like a 25$ iem. All disappointed user like you begin to explain themselves after a while :"its not 💩,it's something special ! It's not a dead iem, noooo,it's called unique tuning !" 😃

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back