Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 29, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #1,951 of 3,872
Long time lurker on this site (finally decided to join, obviously haha) and I'm looking to make a purchase. I can't decide between EJ07 or the Conductor, I've watched BGGAR etc and read a lot of thoughts about the EJ07. I currently have the Moondrop A8s. However, there isn't much out there about the Conductor.

From someone who has listened to both sets, or even someone that has listening experience of the EJ07, would you mind going into more detail about its signature? Is it dark or warm etc? Soundstage, separation and vocals are important. Wouldn't consider myself a basshead (but do appreciate some punch). I listen to a bit of everything, but mostly electronic/pop/post-punk etc - synth heavy stuffy basically.

Any opinions/advice would be massively appreciated! If you have any earphones in the same price bracket as the above that you think might be worth my consideration, then please let me know

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,952 of 3,872
Long time lurker on this site (finally decided to join, obviously haha) and I'm looking to make a purchase. I can't decide between EJ07 or the Conductor, I've watched BGGAR etc and read a lot of thoughts about the EJ07. I currently have the Moondrop A8s. However, there isn't much out there about the Conductor.

From someone who has listened to both sets, or even someone that has listening experience of the EJ07, would you mind going into more detail about its signature? Is it dark or warm etc? Soundstage, separation and vocals are important. Wouldn't consider myself a basshead (but do appreciate some punch). I listen to a bit of everything, but mostly electronic/pop/post-punk etc - synth heavy stuffy basically.

Any opinions/advice would be massively appreciated! If you have any earphones in the same price bracket as the above that you think might be worth my consideration, then please let me know
it seems theiaudio just introduced 2 new ones along these specs and slightly lower price.

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/thieaudio-monarch
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/thieaudio-clairvoyance

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #1,954 of 3,872
Just received the YY ST7, but, at a very limited first listen, i find them shouty and very dry compared to Tri i3, lacking the full impacting and big sound these last pair produce...
Is it how they suppose to sound?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #1,955 of 3,872
I have just requested Linsoul to swap my Conductor Order with EJ07, I can't take any chance it is a lot of money and I have saved for few months to get my end-game for couple of year. I like Bass, good punchy and tight but not boomy and got the impression from BGGAR, Michael Bruce and other here that Conductor is too reference type and Bass is not on par with EJ07.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,957 of 3,872
Just received the YY ST7, but, at a very limited first listen, i find them shouty and very dry compared to Tri i3, lacking the full impacting and big sound these last pair produce...
This is strange - (well I am waiting for mine ST7) assuming you are using your Fiio DAP already? What cable did you use, stock cable from YY was pretty bad by the spec of it?

I read you need a good cable, eartips and POWER? Or could this be needing more burn-ins? Any improvements since this post?

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,958 of 3,872
OK, here is the thing. Tape the back vents on the Conductor, you get pretty well EJ07 bass. :xf_eek:

Trying to get folks to try and report back, so its not just my ears.
Its strangely quiet (taken time?) for folks to be able properly got into the rhythm of Conductor sound signature, there is hardly any review available, we are still waiting for more to come out, so far just the one detailed review that ej07 still more fun and musical :D

Are you interested to trial out the Monarch Arion128 mentioned above? Its interesting Thieaudio (Linsoul own brand) opt for 2 EST (vs Shuoer's 4) but 6 BAs, prob they felt 2 EST should be powerful enough for the super high whereas can also lower overall costs (as its cheaper at $729 vs Shuoer's $849).

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,959 of 3,872
DD driver needs some time to warm-up. I'd say 30 or 40 hours of playtime. It is too tight at the beginning.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,963 of 3,872
more like to bring lower treble in the line with upper treble
I was under the impression that the current BAs are better at producing the upper treble, where the e-stats tend to fall off. It seems the newer tribrids, with more prominent treble, have beefed up the BAs.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,965 of 3,872
I was under the impression that the current BAs are better at producing the upper treble, where the e-stats tend to fall off. It seems the newer tribrids, with more prominent treble, have beefed up the BAs.
I mean Sonion EST drivers are good for 12+ KHz according to the driver's data sheet. So it might be usefull to fill-in the 6-12 KHz area with a separate BA driver.
But for me it is ok to have just more EST drivers. Yes, it requires more power and a good cable to make it work right, but I'm ok with it.

1593534307205.png

the current BAs seem to be able to produce higher energy at high frequencies vs Estat (for a lowish impedance IEM) BUT they don't sound as nice
Agree. EST treble sounds more natural to me as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back