Shuguang Treasure KT88Z valves, need your opinion.
Sep 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
Lately I am digging the net for some info about these Treasures and all I can find is very positive. Can this be true? Dont know, thats why I am looking for your help, tube guru's.
Their price tag arent cheap, in fact, its close to some of the best, if not the one, GEC, so, the question is, whats the deal?

Lets talk.

THX.

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lately I am digging the net for some info about these Treasures and all I can find is very positive. Can this be true? Dont know, thats why I am looking for your help, tube guru's.
Their price tag arent cheap, in fact, its close to some of the best, if not the one, GEC, so, the question is, whats the deal?

Lets talk.

THX.

Yes I too have been looking at these tubes. I would like to use then in my Woo WA6se maxxed with a EML 274B mesh.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ss

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 19
THX for an update and link.

The cheapest I could find were on Ebay US, USD 179 a pair shipped. The price in China would be 50% less, but where I can find somebody who can buy them for me
wink.gif
I just found them up here and they are like USD 44 each ( assuming that the price is in HK$ ), not sure about shipping Êï¹âÕäÆ·¹Ü KT88-Z¹Ü ÕäÆ·µç×Ó¹ÜÓù²Ø°æÒ²ÓлõÖʱ£Ò»Äê¡¡³§¼ÒÖ±Ïú-Ó°ÒôµçÆ÷ - ÌÔ±¦Íø

Anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They can be had for a lot cheaper, if you have friends in China who also have an account on taobao.com

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 19
I borrowed a pair and ran them in a DIY single-ended headphone amp for a couple of hours. Don't know anything about how they'll hold up, but they sounded very nice. Smoother and less analytical that the "Gold Lion" repros (which are also very good) I was previously running. In the $100.00 a pair price range, definitely worth a try. As nice as both of these tubes are, they're still not quite the equal of the originals. Prices for originals have gone crazy, so I'm glad these are available. I'll probably buy a pair at some point.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 19
Using SgT KT88Z with my MC275, the tubes runs smoothly and for the price I've paid they worth every pence.

They took a long while to break in but after 200Hrs I'm barely noticed the change.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 19
Instead, I ordered some Shuggie GEKT-88 solid plates for a lot less money ($56/pair) from www.goodcomoponent.com, a chinese seller. The tubes got to DK in 4 days. I am extremely happy with these tubes. My reference tubes are GE6550As. The compare well, esp. for bass.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #13 of 19
I think there is.  Someone on AA bought a pair exactly like them from EBAYwith the PSVANE label. He assumed they were a better grade.  I don't know. The ones I have are very nice and the KT88/6550 is a tube I have been using for years in the various PP amps I have owned.  I am not saying they are as good as the Treasures, but they aren't far off from the NOS GE 6550A tubes i have a number of Quads of.  The price was low.  They were highly recommended by people I respect on AA and I have not been disappointed.
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation.  That is a lot lower that some.  Do you know if there is any grading done on the tubes?

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #14 of 19
Shuguang Treasure KT88-Z are amazing! I listen to them in comparison to the Russian tubes and the advantage is on the side of the Chinese people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back