Shuffle songs from many folders in foobar (need help)
Feb 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all.  i know this is probably a ridiculous question.    I have all my music arranged in folders , which every folder represents an album. 
i want to play all the music in shuffle mode in foobar.  what is the best practical way of doing it?  thx  :)

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 6
I right clicked on "All Music" and selected "Send to Current Playlist".  I then selected Playback-Order-Shuffle from the menu, hit play and voila!

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 6
thanks for the answer.  but what do you mean by "all music"?   you mean in foobar..or should i physically select all the music album folders (or the main music folder in my HDD) ?  should i create an emply playlist in foobar first in order to put these folders inside this playlist after selecting them?  
i tried to select the main music folder (where i keep all the sub "album folders") and right clicked on it.  in the "send to" options i don't have any current playlist option.   what am i doing wrong?     could you please guide me step by step of how to do it?

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 6
There is an "All Music" at the top of the Library pane in Foobar (so you first have to get your music into the Foobar library. That's what I right-clicked on.  And I did start with an empty playlist.

I am new to Foobar myself and found this by trail and error as I was trying to do exactly what you are.  Is it just me, or is Foobar pretty obtuse / user unfriendly?  Certainly nothing like iTunes in ease of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back