Shozy & Neo BG Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #31 of 67
Hi! Im really interested on the BG but i find the bass too much.. like thumping my brain.. tho it sounded fantastic like the it04.. is there any chance to lessen that bass?

same exact feeling, I think the fit is even so tight it might be impacting that "thump" sensation in the head.
Btw, this is why I am selling them at the moment, but I guess there are a lot of people that would be more than ok to achieve that level of "thumpiness" :D

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #34 of 67
Jan 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #35 of 67
I am not fan of foam tip and I using both stock silicone tips and spinfit. I find that it just only slightly bright, I think if you using foam it should be opposite to what I experience.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #36 of 67
Yes, with stock foam and dark source I find them very dark sounding, Will give It a try with brighter sources (opus 3 on its way) and other tips.

I am not fan of foam tip and I using both stock silicone tips and spinfit. I find that it just only slightly bright, I think if you using foam it should be opposite to what I experience.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #37 of 67
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #39 of 67
No they are not. At least as far as i know.
There is a 3BA model called Shozy & Neo CP which uses shells simillar to those of Magaosi. But i was told that inside it is still an original Shozy.
But they are not only similar but look exactly the same, down to cables included and drivers in specs. BG to the K5, CP to the K3. I have not seen anyone compared the inside.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #40 of 67
They do not look the same to me, honestly. And let's say i know a guy who knows a guy:) What i mean is that an acquaintance of mine is in contact with people in Shozy.
Also they are not the company that buys smth and just puts its trademark on an existing product. Never were. No point for them to start now i guess.

Jan 13, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #41 of 67
They do not look the same to me, honestly. And let's say i know a guy who knows a guy:) What i mean is that an acquaintance of mine is in contact with people in Shozy.
Also they are not the company that buys smth and just puts its trademark on an existing product. Never were. No point for them to start now i guess.
It doesn't really matters to me to be honest. Though it may matter to interested buyers of these earphones since the Shozys cost almost double Magaosi's offerings. But it bothers me that you keep denying they look exactly the same when they obviously do. Down to the cables and replaceable filters on the K3.
K5
k5.jpg

Vs BG
Neo-B-G-700x700.jpg

K3 BA
b29ec57a.jpg

VS CP
61r9xybPiSL._SX679_.jpg

Also, claiming some kind of affiliation isn't suppose to help your claim.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #42 of 67
I do not have any affiliation with Shozy. I'm not even from China. All i've done was sharing the information i have and also sharing my opinion. But you seem to be determined to find proof for your suspicions. I can't be helpfull with that. Sorry. Farewell.

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #44 of 67
They may just have gotten from the same OEM, which is not uncommon, especially for Chinese brands. Just because they look the same and even have the same parts doesn't necessarily mean they sound the exact same. They may have been tuned differently by the 2 companies.

Now unless someone gets them and do an in depth review with graph or something and then do a dissection on them, I'd take the accusations with a grain of salt.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #45 of 67
It doesn't really matters to me to be honest. Though it may matter to interested buyers of these earphones since the Shozys cost almost double Magaosi's offerings. But it bothers me that you keep denying they look exactly the same when they obviously do. Down to the cables and replaceable filters on the K3.
K5

Vs BG

K3 BA

VS CP

Also, claiming some kind of affiliation isn't suppose to help your claim.

Just to clear the mist Neo is the OEMer and and designer for the housing so the factory name is engraved. The tuning is original from Shozy and the more important QC, fine tuning, channel matching choice/matching of drivers etc are done at a way more precise level, this is why it is more expensive. There are more than one brand that uses the same housing too, based on the factory's base solution. On the other hand the shape may look very similar but polishing level and handling of the resin may not be the same for the same molds! These are the result to achieve more at a lower price by outsourcing or else we would be selling the same item at a few folds with so called original housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back