Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #211 of 241
ive had the shozy black hole for about a month. im no audio expert, still burning the iem in. here are my thoughts:

Shozy Black Hole Pro:
  • Punchy Pure Bass
  • Tremendous Audio Layering / Blending, especially mids
  • Good seal
  • Appear well built, not feather weight but substantive.
  • Quality 3.5mm metal connection
  • Sonic Range dives deeper than expected, revealing hidden details.
  • Smooth sound reproduction high to low.
  • Clean Pure Sound.
  • Open backed iem creates Wonderful Spacious Smooth Sound.
Shozy Black Hole Con (mostly minor):
  • Cable is multi stranded thin, be careful with tugging.
  • Endgame Treble range greater time to open up than low end.
  • Cost is expensive for single driver iem, but the tuning may make up for it.
shozy is used via a Dragonfly cobalt on pc.

I recommend the shozy black hole for those seeking a tremendous range iem with open back audio spaciousness.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #213 of 241
ive had the shozy black hole for about a month. im no audio expert, still burning the iem in. here are my thoughts:

Shozy Black Hole Pro:
  • Punchy Pure Bass
  • Tremendous Audio Layering / Blending, especially mids
  • Good seal
  • Appear well built, not feather weight but substantive.
  • Quality 3.5mm metal connection
  • Sonic Range dives deeper than expected, revealing hidden details.
  • Smooth sound reproduction high to low.
  • Clean Pure Sound.
  • Open backed iem creates Wonderful Spacious Smooth Sound.
Shozy Black Hole Con (mostly minor):
  • Cable is multi stranded thin, be careful with tugging.
  • Endgame Treble range greater time to open up than low end.
  • Cost is expensive for single driver iem, but the tuning may make up for it.
shozy is used via a Dragonfly cobalt on pc.

I recommend the shozy black hole for those seeking a tremendous range iem with open back audio spaciousness.
Would you recommend it to those who DON'T like the predominant low end but instead a very tight and very controlled low end?

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #215 of 241
I've had the Black hole for a few months now and here are my impression and thought.

Disclaimer
Shozy Black Hole is the first semi open-back IEM that I have tried, I have no experience in how other semi open-back IEMs sound. Therefore, I wil be comparing it to Pola 39 in only some aspects.
I am no professional reviewer nor a veteran audiophile. The impressions here are personal and of my own.

Packaging
Shozy Black Hole comes in a small black box, inside is a small gray carrying case and 7 pairs of eartips. From someone who got the original Shozy Pola 39 package, I was expecting more from Shozy.
A few or more accessories would be nice, but the most important thing here is the sound and not the packaging. So, I will not judge the packaging too hard.

Overview
Black hole design is very unique and unlike anything in the market. All metal body with lots of hole in the faceplate. I have the silver color, but you can choose between rose gold, gold, black and silver.
The only concern I have is dirt and other small particle build up inside the body. The cable on the other hand, looks a bit funny and toy like due to it's tri-colors( gold, silver and copper).
This is only the color of the cable and not actually the materials. Normally, it comes in 3.5 mm., but I requested for a 4.4 mm.

Fit, Isolation and Comfort
The IEM is very small and could probably fit all kinds of ear. It is very comfortable to wear for a long period of time after you found the right tips. There is almost no pneumatic pressure build up because of the semi open back design.
Isolation on the other hand, is not really great because of this design. Still, there is a slight isolation when you put it in and not completely non existence. You should treat this IEM as if it's an earbud in sound leakage and isolation.
Other people can definitely hear what you are listening to, if you are in a not so loud places and have an above moderate volume.

Equipment used
Fiio M11
Shozy Black hole with original cable.

Sound
The sound is very impressive, in fact, it's more impressive than it's appearance. It is quite neutral sounding . The soundstage can be described as if your in a concert hall, very vast and gives you an "out of your ears" feeling/sound.
It is a very open sounding IEM. Black hole seemed to work really well with classical, orchestra, jazz, blues and opera. I would not recommend this with EDM and other electric genres.

Bass is very nice and controlled, but don't expect it to be boomy. It pronounces just enough to give a nice foundation and layering. It is different from normal dynamic driver.

Mid is very pronounce, but not too overly forward. Vocal pops out, but does not cover other frequencies and instruments. It is very smooth and works in harmony with other frequencies. It sounds exactly how it should sound. It does not feel artificial or process.

High is lively and extended. It is more pronounced than bass, but less than mid. It sounds not too harsh and does not fatigue my ear after a moderate listening session.

Conclusion
Shozy Black hole is an unique iem. It has the soundstage like no other IEMs that I have tried and I can say that not many IEMs can confuse me into thinking whether this sound is from a song or an actual sound outside. It goes really well with classical genres.
I am very impressed that this is a single dynamic driver IEM. I have never seen any single dynamic driver IEM performs this well. For 799$, I felt like Shozy did a really great job here. I recommended this IEM if you are in to classical genres.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #217 of 241
So after the update to 1.6.6, Hiby Music app won't even start and keeps crashing. Cayin app runs fine. Anyone else notice that?
IMG_20210727_095524.jpg

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #219 of 241
ISN SC4 Cable, SHOZY SCB2, WM1A
SHOZY.jpeg

https://penonaudio.com/shozy-scb2.html

I've been liking Hybrids lately, yet this is one DD than could turn the tables in my perspective. A couple IEMs arrived today yet I put these in my ears and could not take them out? Way better than guessed. Just balanced and authoritative.........pure bliss really. I guess they hit the bulls-eye of my sound preference? Oh......did I say smooth yet? S-M-O-O-T-H!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #220 of 241
DSC_0001.jpeg2.jpeg
the.jpeg
DSC_0046.jpgfive.jpg

Jul 15, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #221 of 241
I have owned these for some time now and they are truly something special! They do sound as good as they look and are one of my all-time favorite IEMs!

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #222 of 241
I have owned these for some time now and they are truly something special! They do sound as good as they look and are one of my all-time favorite IEMs!
Cool!

Jul 19, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #223 of 241
Oct 16, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #224 of 241
Any suggestions for IEMs with similar tuning to Shozy V33 Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back