Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #61 of 241
To me the Sony DAPs pairs with different types of head gears way better than AK offerings and Lotoo............it's probably down to taste, to me both Sony and AK has their own "flavour" and own tilt towards different interpretations of "high fidelity". I have basically shelved all AKs I got once I acquired my Sony, but that's just me. Lotoo is a class of its own, love them except the looks.

Back to the Pola.........let's see how it turns out after some burn in. After around 10+ hours everything is becoming more coherent and natural. An uncanny feeling of realism that can't be explained in terms of technicality. World class extensions in terms of iems, but not the most detailed piece of gear, and definitely not the most expansive soundstage you'd ever heard - just close your eyes and you see the music, clean clear and organic. It's that kind of feeling.

Hi @productred,

I have to agree with you about the AK DAPs, as you said, different sides of the spectrum indeed.

As a partial aside, in general, both electrostatic & graphene drivers (doesn't matter which brand &/or company) need minimum 100 hours burn in, to be anywhere near what the manufacturers intended in 'sounding good'.

As said, nice impressions, be interested to hear what you think after that 100 hours, my own Pola has just passed that mark & that is with everyday use since I got them just over a week ago.

I still recommend if you have any decent to good amps, the Pola will do well with them too.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #62 of 241
One thing I'm wondering is whether the Pola faceplate is REAL wood lacquered into the shell, or just wood print acrylic? Anyone?

Real wood, @productred,

Confirmed by Shozy & as a traditonal wood carver myself who has also used a lot of wood print acrylics, short of fully verifying with a loupe or microscope, that is real wood lacquered in the shell.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #64 of 241
Past the 50 hours mark.................The creamy mids plus the exquisite airy treble means Japanese female vocals sound almost 334-esque, albeit less in-the-face. From the driver config one would guess it'd give a V-shape signature but that's simply not the case. The bass surprisingly is clean, punchy, crisp (could be crispier) and not overpowering nor bleeding, while keeping somewhat in the backrow behind the vocal and rather than taking center stage.

Feb 6, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #65 of 241
Here are a couple of Shozy Pola VIdeos.

1st impression video

Unboxing video

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #66 of 241
20190211_134639.jpg

Box is cool

Mar 11, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #68 of 241
Mar 11, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #69 of 241
Mar 11, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #70 of 241
Smokey obsidian (with blue tint?) and mahogany color combination....I don't think I have seen this type of color combination on anything before, it looks terrific

Interesting, I felt there was a tinge of green in it but maybe that's how the eye plays tricks on us from time to time.

Yes this is the main color scheme of the Pola and quite attractive.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #71 of 241
Our Shozy & AAW POLA Review is up - I think the price of the POLA is actually very good value at the moment. This is the custom version.

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/shozy-aaw-pola-review/

DSCF0514.jpg

Great read and excellent review. The Pola is sooooooooooo enjoyable that it defies all things about price and complex designs. Simply a superlative twin tweeter to supplement a superbly tuned good old DD with a sophisticated mambrane material and it's all good. More than a few times it brings a smile to me unconsciously, more often than not on intimate sweeter-toned female vocal tracks.

Can't stress enough it needs vast amount of power to sound even normal, despite the specs. Mine only shines on my WM1A, balanced and on high-gain. It's no good plugging it into the phone or my backup AK70ii.

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #73 of 241
Mar 14, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #75 of 241
It would be a different driver, easier to driver, more speed, bass-light for EDM/Trance/ACG type of music with both ends very well extended:smile_phones:
Expect super sweet jap/asian vocal performance for the coming POLA....!

Then what about existing Pola users............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back