Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #31 of 241
I don't know who's impression is being referred to here but I have had the Pola for several days now and I am loving the sound. This is with the Cayin N8, WM1Z and SP1000.

There is no harshness, no veil, darkness or anything of that. That's about as wrong as it can get I'd say, the clarity is impressive, the delivery clean. It's fast is wide its very wellnlayered. I do have some comments on the comfort but sound wise these are very impressive.

More in a few weeks.

How does the Pola sounds from something like the WM1A? Also how does the Pola sound from a less powerful source?

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #33 of 241
8oqy7esaa9321.jpg
So this is the frequency response graph crinacle posted. treble section looks really odd.

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #35 of 241
The Pola at E-earphones Akiba (1st and 4th floor; so two demos) both had the same muffled sound. Not a fan.
May i know which DAP are you using to test with it? It is definitely not tuned to be an analytical iem but it shall not be muffled when the insertion depth is correct and there is sufficient driving power :)
And as a side note the demos are not pre- burnt in... we will be looking into it and do test again after the driver / cable has more burn in time.

For the curve above it definitely has some problem with the earphone (?) if possible let whoever test it report back to us and we shall examine it lol

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #36 of 241
I tried the one at SoundStream and wasn’t a fan either :sweat:. Used my iPhone and an A&K SR15 for sources. I also had some trouble getting a good fit and had to use double flanged Spinfits (CP-240) to get it comfortable.

I thought the CP (love the aesthetics & shape!) and especially the BG were better.

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #37 of 241
May i know which DAP are you using to test with it? It is definitely not tuned to be an analytical iem but it shall not be muffled when the insertion depth is correct and there is sufficient driving power :)
And as a side note the demos are not pre- burnt in... we will be looking into it and do test again after the driver / cable has more burn in time.

For the curve above it definitely has some problem with the earphone (?) if possible let whoever test it report back to us and we shall examine it lol

I ran it through DPX1 Single Ended. Quite little power unless I use balanced.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Dec 17, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 241
I ran it through DPX1 Single Ended. Quite little power unless I use balanced.
Yes more power and controll is preferred! In fact it is more about the sound signature/ tuning of the DAP that matters as POLA is on the bassier side. You would still hear very clean and extended vocals though but the bass will be slow and muddy with lower-power devices. May consider getting a balanced amplifier with more power and control for DPX1 say the HUM hypno!

I tried the one at SoundStream and wasn’t a fan either :sweat:. Used my iPhone and an A&K SR15 for sources. I also had some trouble getting a good fit and had to use double flanged Spinfits (CP-240) to get it comfortable.

I thought the CP (love the aesthetics & shape!) and especially the BG were better.

Good to have a supporter for CP and BG =D These are our inhouse tuning and POLA is a different approach, one important factor is you should use a larger bore tips for better treble and you have to tune the vocal volume to normal, if not it will sound muffled and laid back. It is a bit hard to switch from ba to dd iems unless we do a small diameter one but a design like POLA will get you comfortable sound for a long listen and you will feel it after 5-10 mins listening =D
SR15 and iPhone has a very little output for a large diameter DD driver afterall so try to do it justice with other powerful devices!

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #39 of 241
I think AK SR15 should have more than enough power to drive any IEMs (2/4 Vrms). I'm really into the Pola but the first impressions are disappointing. Audio123 also had same initial impressions (Dark but with treble peaks).
Also if the provided frequency response graph by crinalce is not accurate, why not provide us with a correct graph (detailed graph not the one published in product page).

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #40 of 241
I think AK SR15 should have more than enough power to drive any IEMs (2/4 Vrms). I'm really into the Pola but the first impressions are disappointing. Audio123 also had same initial impressions (Dark but with treble peaks).
Also if the provided frequency response graph by crinalce is not accurate, why not provide us with a correct graph (detailed graph not the one published in product page).

The FR curve is actually far from ''Accurate'' and yes we really shall consider showing at least a part of the curve just to show everyone how is it supposed to be!
Audio123 probably listened to the same pair and while everyone just returned from the Japan show we will take a fast check ...

Objectively it shouldn't be spiky in the treble and it does not sound dark at all if you pair with some daps say QP2R, in that case i guess synergy matters...
For SR15 i'm not sure but it definitely isn't powerful to me, shall check the specs and get back to you :darthsmile:

But again, let it burn in first, the unit will sound quite different after running in!

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #41 of 241
The FR curve is actually far from ''Accurate'' and yes we really shall consider showing at least a part of the curve just to show everyone how is it supposed to be!
Audio123 probably listened to the same pair and while everyone just returned from the Japan show we will take a fast check ...

Objectively it shouldn't be spiky in the treble and it does not sound dark at all if you pair with some daps say QP2R, in that case i guess synergy matters...
For SR15 i'm not sure but it definitely isn't powerful to me, shall check the specs and get back to you :darthsmile:

But again, let it burn in first, the unit will sound quite different after running in!
I don't really know why shozy refuses to share the frequency response of most of their IEMs like Pentacle or BG.
And as I said I'm really into the Pola (I mean it looks freakin' awesome!) and I'll wait for some proper reviews.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 241
Tried Pola earlier,

Think it’s about 50% of Trinity’s sound (both being Electrostatic hybrids). But the low end is just way too much on the Pola. Had Shozy thrown in a BA or two for mids, I might be even keen to pick it up at about SGD1.1K

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #44 of 241
Not sure if it is correct topic, but it seems to be not only Pola-limited. So, here is my video about CPs

"Where a guy with strange ukranian accent is torturing your ears" :laughing: that was hilarious. I really like your videos and trust your opinion.
I'll wait for your opinion on Pola and hopefully BG (which received very good impressions so far). keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #45 of 241
"Where a guy with strange ukranian accent is torturing your ears" :laughing: that was hilarious. I really like your videos and trust your opinion.
I'll wait for your opinion on Pola and hopefully BG (which received very good impressions so far). keep up the good work.

Well, Pola is somewhere in delivery process, so I suppose to get it in a pair of weeks, and BG, probably, a bit later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back