Shozy Alien+
Sep 26, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #437 of 539
I believe that when refreshing the database with the DX200, a file is placed on the card that tells the player what is currently on the card. This is likely what is causing your A+ to freeze when updating, as the file placed by the DX200 is not recognized. You might need to enable "View Hidden Files" on your computer to see it.

Ok, bad news :frowning2:
So, I've opened the micro-SD card in Windows 10 file explorer (using a microSD card adapter).
I've enabled the 'show hidden files' function (which revealed nothing new) and I've deleted the firmware update files from both Shozy and iBasso.
I tried the card in the Alien+ again, and it still didn't work.
I then accessed the card again in Windows, this time searching the folder for .jpg, .jpeg and .png files.
I found a few .jpg files and deleted them.
I also did a search for any files of 0-10kb and 10kb-16MB and only found two system files which are part of the microSD's FW I guess. They would have been there from the very beginning, and until now the card has always worked. So I didn't delete those, but I did delete the .jpg files.

But still, every time I do the 'media library initialisation' function, it just starts scanning the number of files, then freezes after a minute, showing this:

"find: 02079"

The only way to get out is to click the reset button on the left side of the unit.

Any other ideas? This really sucks. I can listen to all the files and folders that were on there before I added new files and folders to it.
But I really want to listen to the new stuff too, which all works fine on my DX200.
Heeeellllllpppp please? >.<

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #438 of 539
Ok, bad news :frowning2:
So, I've opened the micro-SD card in Windows 10 file explorer (using a microSD card adapter).
I've enabled the 'show hidden files' function (which revealed nothing new) and I've deleted the firmware update files from both Shozy and iBasso.
I tried the card in the Alien+ again, and it still didn't work.
I then accessed the card again in Windows, this time searching the folder for .jpg, .jpeg and .png files.
I found a few .jpg files and deleted them.
I also did a search for any files of 0-10kb and 10kb-16MB and only found two system files which are part of the microSD's FW I guess. They would have been there from the very beginning, and until now the card has always worked. So I didn't delete those, but I did delete the .jpg files.

But still, every time I do the 'media library initialisation' function, it just starts scanning the number of files, then freezes after a minute, showing this:

The only way to get out is to click the reset button on the left side of the unit.

Any other ideas? This really sucks. I can listen to all the files and folders that were on there before I added new files and folders to it.
But I really want to listen to the new stuff too, which all works fine on my DX200.
Heeeellllllpppp please? >.<
Only other thought is to try a different card and add several files at a time and see what happens.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #439 of 539
Only other thought is to try a different card and add several files at a time and see what happens.
Coincidentally, I just tried adding an old micro-SD card. It was the card I originally used with the Alien+ when I bought it, and I haven't added anything to it since I last used it in the Alien+.

This tells me that it is probably not an issue with the micro-SD card (since I got exactly the same error message), but possibly an issue with the FW update?
@NLNH Could you possibly look into this and let me know if you find anything?
It specifically concerns trying to update the media library after installing the latest FW update.
It freezes partway through giving the error message:
Note that it stops in the same place and gives the same error message on two Sandisk Ultra micro-SD cards; one 64GB and one 200GB, each with different files and folders on.

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #440 of 539
Coincidentally, I just tried adding an old micro-SD card. It was the card I originally used with the Alien+ when I bought it, and I haven't added anything to it since I last used it in the Alien+.

This tells me that it is probably not an issue with the micro-SD card (since I got exactly the same error message), but possibly an issue with the FW update?
It specifically concerns trying to update the media library after installing the latest FW update.
Note that it stops in the same place and gives the same error message on two Sandisk Ultra micro-SD cards; one 64GB and one 200GB, each with different files and folders on.
Have you tried reverting to the July firmware?

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #441 of 539
Have you tried reverting to the July firmware?

Not yet. I was hoping for an easier fix to come along :p
I'll see what @NLNH has to say first. Will try after that, or if no reply today :)

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #442 of 539

shoot us an email or pm us in the fb messenger so that we could pass to you the older file! it could be as simple as the need to upgrade to the older firmware (not on the site),
unknown error so we have to try!

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #445 of 539
20170928_225839[1].jpg

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #449 of 539
Here's my own listening set up recently :)Alien+ photo 1.JPG

I'm seriously loving the Alien+ recently. Stunning sound, just amazing :D

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #450 of 539
how's it?

I like it
I think the review done that you posted on FB by the guy who hung them on a whiskey bottle and proceeded to call them budget set 5-10 times ( I heard him the 1st 2,3,4,5 times) and a +8dB at an unspecified bass freq is wrong on many levels. Will never read that site again. I doubt he listens to the stuff he writes about. Headphonia...fine Headfonics...no, yet another swing and miss by that/those dudes.

It is beautiful.

I wish it did not have an in-line control

Users who are viewing this thread

Back