Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #12,707 of 40,716
where did you buy that at? 

also, do you know where to get Dj Okawari cds? I would like to own his discography eventually 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #12,708 of 40,716
OMG I just saw both Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop (IcedTea's avatar)!

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #12,709 of 40,716
The Nujabes track(s) from that Samurai Champloo are amazing.  As is the anime.  Really takes me (wayyy) back to see that.

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #12,710 of 40,716
Quote:
For all you samurai champloo fans

This is cool!! I really need to check out Samurai Champloo, I hear about it all the time. :)
Quote:

also, do you know where to get Dj Okawari cds? I would like to own his discography eventually 
biggrin.gif

Other than iTunes, all I know of is YesAsia.

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #12,712 of 40,716
Quote:
This is cool!! I really need to check out Samurai Champloo, I hear about it all the time. :)

Bro get on it! By far my favorite anime ever. It's delivered perfectly with a great story line, great action, great character depth, lifestyle, flare, and the audio pairs perfectly so you really feel the highs and lows of the show.

Quote:
The Nujabes track(s) from that Samurai Champloo are amazing.  As is the anime.  Really takes me (wayyy) back to see that.

Same for me, that's why I can't stop listening to them and I don't think I ever will. I actually rewatched all eps on Netflix late last year.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

I'm not too sure where my gf bought this, she bought it for me as a birthday gift as well as Nujabes - Spiritual State CD and DJ Okawari - Kaleidoscope CD. I know she spent a grip though for all 3, I remember her saying the 2 CDs were overly expensive and the vinyl was over a hundred bucks easy.

I'm looking at amazon right now and they have some Okawari albums but are very pricey. They also have this vinyl collection on there too. I'm pretty sure all 3 came from the mother land.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #12,713 of 40,716
Hi,

Quote:
Ordered an energiser XP-8000 to power my iCAN with, the battery box has it's own 9V battery inside... :wink:

After a very frustrating two weeks I send the energiser battery back to amazon, it just does not work for the iCAA.

The supplied cables missed the connectors the iCAN needs, so I had to get another adaptor. Once I had that the amp plays for a short time and then turns off. First time that happened I nearly shat me pants, thinking I killed the amp... I don't think there is permanent damage, at least I hope.

I don't know if the fault is with the iCAN or with the battery. Contacted iFi who were helpful but in the end shrugged "it works with our power supply, so not really our problem". Energiser said their battery worked and it was not their problem... I guess it's fair enough from both. So it became Amazons problem.

But I'm a fair bit dischuffed about the wasted time and money on that whole affair.

So be warned, don't put the XP8000 and the iCAN together...

Cheerio Rich

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #12,714 of 40,716
Finally finished the headphone stand that I was working on, so figured this would be a good time to post my first pictures in here. 

Next steps are building another couple of stands for the rest of my home and work cans, sleeving all of the vinyl, and then looking into amp upgrades (eyeing the Soloist, V200 or WA2 at the moment).

Now playing - Archers of Loaf - Vee Vee.   

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #12,715 of 40,716
Quote:
Finally finished the headphone stand that I was working on, so figured this would be a good time to post my first pictures in here. 

Next steps are building another couple of stands for the rest of my home and work cans, sleeving all of the vinyl, and then looking into amp upgrades (eyeing the Soloist, V200 or WA2 at the moment).

Now playing - Archers of Loaf - Vee Vee.   

Very nice setup. I'm loving the DIY headphone stand!

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #12,716 of 40,716
Quote:

Very nice setup. I'm loving the DIY headphone stand!

I like the DIY gear rack more, very sturdy and professional looking.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #12,717 of 40,716
I really like that headphone stand! Original and quirky. Good work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back