Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #9,542 of 40,991
That's an amazing headband on those HE-500's, well worth the price & very comfy.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #9,543 of 40,991
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #9,544 of 40,991
Heya,

Quote:
I disagree. The Signature Pro is very portable, IMO. After finally listening to and seeing one in person I'd really like to own it. It's much more portable than my old Pro 750.

Quote:

Haha hell I used to used Pro 900s as my portables, so trust me, the Signature Pro isn't the strangest portable choice.

Portability is in the eye of the beholder.

I use a Beyer DT770 premium, re-cabled with a detachable locking braided cable in a sheath (Brian over at BTG Audio did the mod) with my Sansa Fuze and Fiio E11 as my portable setup.

I get a lot of odd looks, some smiles, and I stare down kids and adults with their trashy fashion headphones by Monster and other junk-manufacturers.

Very best,

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #9,545 of 40,991
Guys, do you think the Schiit Asgard is better than the O2? My options for X-Mas is O2 + ODAC. Or get the ODAC and then some other stuff like albums and then get the Asgard for my birthday. Which do you guys think has more power that can drive any headphone I throw at it? Headphones like ones that are $500 and less. No Beyer T1's haha.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #9,546 of 40,991
Quote:
Guys, do you think the Schiit Asgard is better than the O2? My options for X-Mas is O2 + ODAC. Or get the ODAC and then some other stuff like albums and then get the Asgard for my birthday. Which do you guys think has more power that can drive any headphone I throw at it? Headphones like ones that are $500 and less. No Beyer T1's haha.

Heya,

The O2 is a very good amp for it's cost. The Asgard is also very good for it's cost. I would probably put a small towards the Asgard being a little better. Not by much. The question is whether it's worth $100 more, and in that sense, I don't think it's $100 better. The O2+ODAC setup for $300ish is really just one of the most cost effective setups. Any decent solid state amplifier will drive almost all headphones pretty well (even a T1). Whether it has a good synergy with it, well, that's up to your ears. They're powerful enough to even enjoy some Orthos on.

Very best,

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #9,547 of 40,991
Quote:

Heya,

The O2 is a very good amp for it's cost. The Asgard is also very good for it's cost. I would probably put a small towards the Asgard being a little better. Not by much. The question is whether it's worth $100 more, and in that sense, I don't think it's $100 better. The O2+ODAC setup for $300ish is really just one of the most cost effective setups. Any decent solid state amplifier will drive almost all headphones pretty well (even a T1). Whether it has a good synergy with it, well, that's up to your ears. They're powerful enough to even enjoy some Orthos on.

Very best,

Hm, thanks Mal. I think i'll wait till my birthday next year, and just stick with my FiiO E11 for now. A FiiO E11 and a ODAC will do pretty well, right?

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #9,548 of 40,991
Quote:
Hm, thanks Mal. I think i'll wait till my birthday next year, and just stick with my FiiO E11 for now. A FiiO E11 and a ODAC will do pretty well, right?

Heya,

I wouldn't pair an ODAC with a Fiio E11. The E11 is strictly portable and limited to it's battery's life span at the power output, which is variable based on it's load. Sure, it will work, but it's far from ideal. I would pair the ODAC with a desktop (powered) amplifier that is not going to run out of a battery during listening (which cannot even be used while it's charging). I wouldn't stress so much on needing a DAC right now. Most devices have rather good DAC's as it is. I wouldn't stress about it, I would put more effort into finding your ideal headphone and a good matching amplifier that has a synergy with the headphone that pleases your preferences the most.

Very best,

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #9,549 of 40,991
Quote:

Heya,

I wouldn't pair an ODAC with a Fiio E11. The E11 is strictly portable and limited to it's battery's life span at the power output, which is variable based on it's load. Sure, it will work, but it's far from ideal. I would pair the ODAC with a desktop (powered) amplifier that is not going to run out of a battery during listening (which cannot even be used while it's charging). I wouldn't stress so much on needing a DAC right now. Most devices have rather good DAC's as it is. I wouldn't stress about it, I would put more effort into finding your ideal headphone and a good matching amplifier that has a synergy with the headphone that pleases your preferences the most.

Very best,

So amp first? You think so? How would I connect it to my computer?(the O2)

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #9,552 of 40,991

Pretty good music collection for a 13 year old, eh? Then my profile picture is me trying to go for a Austin Morrow picture.
biggrin.gif

Profile Picture:

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #9,553 of 40,991
Nobody likes my pictures?:frowning2:

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #9,555 of 40,991
Just due to the fact that I take the subway at rush hour, and I am always on the move, they are a tad large, but better than most over ears because they grip your head like a VICE. I treasure my PROs, they are like an extra limb to me, one I can't spend more than a day without listening to...
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back