Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #6,977 of 41,034
Quote:

Considering replacing the DM+ with a Bifrost (if only for matching looks).
Have anyone compared the two?

I haven't compared them, but the Schiit is pretty neutral sounding. As in, boring neutral. That's not a bad thing, but if your DacMagic has some coloration that you like, you may miss that with the Schiit.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #6,980 of 41,034
Well I'd settle for Nigella Lawson serving up some salted caramel. Why does the UK have the best magazine covers?

Check, please.

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #6,983 of 41,034
Yo,

Still using the Belkins? I remember you having their Pure AV aeries of RCA cables.

Quote:

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #6,984 of 41,034
eew, bose speakers.... 
confused_face.gif
 but nice headphones 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #6,985 of 41,034
Quote:
eew, bose speakers.... 
confused_face.gif
 but nice headphones 
wink.gif

The Companion 2s aren't bad if you get them for a good price, and you need the space. For the price, I would rather get some AV40s though.

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #6,986 of 41,034
Bose speakers are generally much better than Bose headphones.

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #6,989 of 41,034
Space is always at a premium on Ice Station Zebra. I needed a stand-up desk that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It also needed to fit in a weirdly shaped alcove in the office I share with my partner and allow easy access to my nearfield/headphone rig without taking room away from or overpowering my ability to get work done - or my partner's for that matter. In the end I found something at IKEAHacks that I thought might fit the bill. I was up until late last night getting it all put in and wired in properly (hence the almost empty Black Bush) and so far, I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.
I might also add that one side benefit is that the slight - but annoying - hum that I experienced in my WA2 with my previous set-up has completely disappeared in favour of an inky black background.
I do however now need a slightly taller stool that's capable of adjusting between 31" and 36".

... and yeah, no one will ever accuse the British media or Nigella of subtlety. :wink:

Quote:

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #6,990 of 41,034
So here I was thinking it was just your average computer setup... Until I noticed the plethora of awesome looking audio equipment underneath it.

[rule]

On a semi-related note, my Tumblr solely dedicated to archiving all the content you guys post on this forum has reached 1,000 posts today.
Thanks to everyone for the heaps of awesome images!

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back