Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #4,426 of 41,009
Quote:
I'm actually curious how you get the keyboard shelf to work. I've got some back problems myself, and a recliner sounds awesome.

Well, first off let me humbly interject that using a recliner is an absolutely baller genius idea, especially if you have a busted back, but even if you don't it's still pure baller genius. The human body just isn't designed to spend much time in a seated position; if your gonna sit on your ace, at least make it comfy as possible.

Anyways, here's some pointers for the recliner:

First, you're gonna need a table that stands higher than average.

I went Ikea and bought an inexpensive model that had adjustable metal legs so I could raise it to the appropriate height

In the beginning the keyboard sat on the side-table next to the recliner, but I wanted that space for other items so I built the shelf/cubby for the keyboard on the underside of the desk.

The shelf is pretty simple: I went to the hardware store and bought (1) a wooden board meant for use as a shelf and (2) four L-shaped brackets, all said and done it was only a few bucks. I made my measurements, then screwed the L-brackets into the bottom of the desk and then screwed the wood board between the L-brackets. It's way way sturdy enough to hold the keyboard, do it right and you only have to do it once.

Here's a pic to help makes sense from what I described. The perspective is from sitting in the recliner. Realized only after I took it that I *probably* should have had the keyboard on the shelf instead of my lap... 'doh!

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4,428 of 41,009

Quote:
Here's a pic to help makes sense from what I described. The perspective is from sitting in the recliner. Realized only after I took it that I *probably* should have had the keyboard on the shelf instead of my lap... 'doh!

-snippy snippy-

Ingenuity is a fine thing.

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #4,429 of 41,009
Got my first amp and dac setup today :) Dat aluminium...

JCbwA.jpg

*Obligatory "sorry for the crappy phone pics" message*

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #4,430 of 41,009

Quote:
Got my first amp and dac setup today :) Dat aluminium...

Very nice! asgard/bifrost  combo

i've been wanting to get maybe a Lyr/Bifrost combo for my xbox and for gaming (xbox optical out connected to DAC)

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #4,432 of 41,009

Quote:
Quote:
Got my first amp and dac setup today
smily_headphones1.gif
Dat aluminium...

*Obligatory "sorry for the crappy phone pics" message*  

Beautiful! How do you like it?

I'm really enjoying it so far. Since upgrading I finally understand why people find the Alessandro MS2 fatiguing, at louder volumes the treble is a bit like being stabbed in the ears  -_-

I haven't had a chance to try out the setup with my Fostex T50RP yet, I'm sure there will be a nice improvement with those as well though. I really should get around to modding those things soon...

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #4,433 of 41,009
gawd, how come many of you can be so neat with cables?
my stuff with its messy cables >_<

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #4,437 of 41,009

Quote:
Color me impressed, that is a very nice setup you got there.

if this aimed at me, thanks.

Quote:

A fellow Ming-Da owner!  Does it get much use with headphones with your WA2 around?  The Ming-Da certainly has gobs of power, but it can be a bit noisy on low-impedance/high-sensitivity cans.

the mingda mainly serve as power amp for my speaker now (that is until I can afford a real power amp). and yes, mine is also noisy for low impedance cans. though i heard some owner dont have this problem.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #4,439 of 41,009
The HD650 is darker/warmer and has a much fuller sound then the HD598. The HD598 was slightly more airy although the detail of the HD650 more then makes up for it. However HD598 is no slouch as I preferred it to the D2000, not sure why, perhaps the mids and soundstage captivated me a little more then the bass of the D2000. The HD25 is a very good portable headphone, but sounds messy/grainy compared to the HD598/HD650. The bass of the HD25 is a lot more in your face then the HD598/HD650 and provides a fun portable experience. Also there is a peak somewhere in the highs of the HD25 that bothers me, this is not present in the other sennheisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back