Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 11, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #33,196 of 40,990
That's exactly right. I missed that.

At the last CanJam/NYC pre-pandemic, I spend an extremely interesting 15 minutes talking with the top guy/chief designer of Meier. He was explaining the engineering principles behind his TOTL amp. It was the size of this one in the picture but it might have had a different name. I know it had more controls. Fascinating fellow.
This is the old one. There was something called "Country" but I'm not sure what happened to it. Jan is a great guy and makes great stuff.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #33,197 of 40,990
Care to share any thoughts between the two Mytek boxes you got there? As far as a dac goes, got amplification covered for now.

I bet you mean brooklyn bridge and liberty dac.

Based on functionality, if you are roon, tidal user, just get the bridge with roon capabilities and streaming function, its no brainer, saves you a lot of hassle on the extra streamer, usb ddc, lps power supply, fiber optics converter etc and tons of other boxes you name it.

Sound wise, I would say both DAC are heading towards a similar direction in terms of sound, both are very detailed. Myket house sound and neutral presentation. Of cuz the higher model has slightly better hardware overall and slight edge overall.

Jun 12, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #33,198 of 40,990
4uHSJPI.jpg

Yep, you guessed it rofl yet another SW cable lol, sorry everyone. But I'm on a roll, or rather working off the roll/s lol. Is my Head-Fi project for this winter member.....

Continuing on: 22awg pure copper litz (133 strand count) x8 (1064 rockin:metal:strands) into dual x4........

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #33,200 of 40,990

Based on functionality, if you are roon, tidal user, just get the bridge with roon capabilities and streaming function, its no brainer, saves you a lot of hassle on the extra streamer, usb ddc, lps power supply, fiber optics converter etc and tons of other boxes you name it.

Sound wise, I would say both DAC are heading towards a similar direction in terms of sound, both are very detailed. Myket house sound and neutral presentation. Of cuz the higher model has slightly better hardware overall and slight edge overall.
@Gavin C4 may I ask for your impressions with Mytek Liberty THX AAA? Can you compare it with Niimbus since I think both are very clean and neutral.

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #33,201 of 40,990
Jun 12, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #33,202 of 40,990
@alekc Don't do it, Buddy :wink:
@gimmeheadroom than you for warning mate :wink: I do it on purpose since I'm still in a quest for new head amp for my Rockna WaveLigth and it seems I have a very short amps list at the moment and Niimbus is on it.

BTW I really like Mytek Liberty THX AAA pairing with Hugo TT2 for example. Despite its limitations and drawback it is not a bad amp but for Rockna I need something exceptional.

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #33,203 of 40,990
@gimmeheadroom than you for warning mate :wink: I do it on purpose since I'm still in a quest for new head amp for my Rockna WaveLigth and it seems I have a very short amps list at the moment and Niimbus is on it.

BTW I really like Mytek Liberty THX AAA pairing with Hugo TT2 for example. Despite its limitations and drawback it is not a bad amp but for Rockna I need something exceptional.
Take a look at Audio-gd amps. They can drive pretty much anything and have much better build and connectivity than the Liberty.

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #33,204 of 40,990
one of the best things in this picture is your old Boston Acoustic sound cube computer speakers! Those things are amazing little speakers that used to come with older Gateway computers...still have my set and love them! Really a sleeper set of speakers!

lol I'm surprised someone recognized them. I'm into retro computers so I keep them around, and yeah they're pretty good for their age/size!

Jun 12, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #33,205 of 40,990

correct. And yeah, extra features aside, was just curious if there was a meaningful sound difference between the two. Mytek is on a shortlist of DAC makers im looking at for an imminent upgrade. Not interested in streaming or amp features as I have that covered and don’t want to pay the premium for those features on an all in wonder box, unless the DAC is truly better.

appreciate your thoughts!

Jun 12, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #33,206 of 40,990
IMG_0054.jpeg
IMG_0053.jpeg

I have come full circle. Starting out with iTunes in 2001, I've probably used just about everything along the way: Napster, Rhapsody, JRiver, UPnP/DLNA servers (e.g. Twonky, MinimServer), Bluesound and Sonos (still use the hardware), ending up at Roon.
I've ditched everything except Apple Music. With Apple's lossless music caching on my MacBook and iPhone, along with Lossless Switcher for macOS, it's back to a USB cable into a DAC. The End.

Jun 12, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #33,207 of 40,990
@Gavin C4 may I ask for your impressions with Mytek Liberty THX AAA? Can you compare it with Niimbus since I think both are very clean and neutral.

After reaching such high with your Rockna dac, I see no reason for you to move back down the ladder. :wink:

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #33,208 of 40,990
FEA4322B-0CB8-411A-9A7C-8A29407E3682.jpeg

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #33,209 of 40,990
I'm not the best photographer, but here's my twin towers of headphone power in my combination home office/man cave. I have a personal rule not to stack any equipment so long as I have shelves to hold it all. I use butcher block cutting boards extensively for isolation, so the people at IKEA probably think I have five different kitchens.

system-pic-2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #33,210 of 40,990
I'm not the best photographer and my subject is pretty tall, but here's my twin towers of headphone power:

system-pic-2.jpg
Impressive!! At what distance is the listening chair / settee / sofa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back