Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 1, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #33,046 of 41,035
Thanks for the super remarks, it's a good thing I like them also as I'm making them for myself lol, made my mind up to make a complete set of cables for my collection of cans this winter as a project (starts today down under) as I'll be stuck inside till I can turn some wood into shavings when it gets warmer outside... giggle...

But I got distracted (as always) from my SW copper anaconda's, shiny things will do that with me lol. Look at how pretty 'n shiny this stuff is with my LED on it... Maybe not the ideal spot again but it's at my Head-Fi Station giggle. Now that is BLING! looks energized 'n glowing magical like.....I love it!

qzzCCbC.jpg

I'm on a new idea, or same idea but bigger again 'n more shiny..... seeing if I can squeeze 8 x 18awg (phat 504 strand) silver plated litz cable into some terminations :heart_eyes::flushed::japanese_goblin::eye:. Not sure if it's gonna work out but sure looks purdy :heart_eyes::hugging:... It's all good head-fi pron though I have something even BIGGER and more excessive 'n expensive :sleepy: but pretty 'n shiny on my mind for later hehehe

N91Aq3v.jpg

last image is for reference: The Copper 8 way there is the phat 22 awg stuff I'd been working wooohoooo.... Crazy remember, but hope it works out :fingers_crossed:... it's going to get worse before it gets better rofl.... Sorry everyone...:sweat:

lol it's still a fair swim from NZ to me.. :fingers_crossed:..wooohooo
INB4 "Shut up and take my money!"

Also...

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #33,047 of 41,035
Thanks for the super remarks, it's a good thing I like them also as I'm making them for myself lol, made my mind up to make a complete set of cables for my collection of cans this winter as a project (starts today down under) as I'll be stuck inside till I can turn some wood into shavings when it gets warmer outside... giggle...

But I got distracted (as always) from my SW copper anaconda's, shiny things will do that with me lol. Look at how pretty 'n shiny this stuff is with my LED on it... Maybe not the ideal spot again but it's at my Head-Fi Station giggle. Now that is BLING! looks energized 'n glowing magical like.....I love it!

qzzCCbC.jpg

I'm on a new idea, or same idea but bigger again 'n more shiny..... seeing if I can squeeze 8 x 18awg (phat 504 strand) silver plated litz cable into some terminations :heart_eyes::flushed::japanese_goblin::eye:. Not sure if it's gonna work out but sure looks purdy :heart_eyes::hugging:... It's all good head-fi pron though I have something even BIGGER and more excessive 'n expensive :sleepy: but pretty 'n shiny on my mind for later hehehe

N91Aq3v.jpg

last image is for reference: The Copper 8 way there is the phat 22 awg stuff I'd been working wooohoooo.... Crazy remember, but hope it works out :fingers_crossed:... it's going to get worse before it gets better rofl.... Sorry everyone...:sweat:

lol it's still a fair swim from NZ to me.. :fingers_crossed:..wooohooo
I WANT THAT!!

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #33,048 of 41,035
qzzCCbC.jpg

I'm on a new idea, or same idea but bigger again 'n more shiny..... seeing if I can squeeze 8 x 18awg (phat 504 strands) silver plated litz cable into some terminations :heart_eyes::flushed::japanese_goblin::eye:. Not sure if it's gonna work out but sure looks purdy :heart_eyes::hugging:... It's all good head-fi pron though I have something even BIGGER, more excessive 'n expensive :sleepy: but pretty 'n shiny on my mind for later hehehe
To make it a bit easier for you,

XLR-extension cable :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

For challenge:
2.5 to 4.4 adapter cable. ^^

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #33,050 of 41,035
Never enjoyed so much hifi for such a little bit of money. This upgraded Little Dot is amazing.
20220601_171231.jpg

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #33,051 of 41,035
I haven’t posted pics here in a year or so since we moved and are in the middle of some remodeling, with me listening in a small space surrounded by boxes. So I’ve just been following this thread, looking and liking as usual.

Since we are adding a couple rooms in the basement (bathroom and a small 11 X 11 room, I planted my Head-Fi flag squarely in the small room. It will be a “quiet room” for Head-Fi listening. My room won’t be treated for speakers; rather it’s about keeping noise from adjacent rooms, overhead, and hvac from entering in the first place. So just throwing out some of the things I’ve done if anyone else might be interested in some effective ways to quiet the ambient noise down. This is, of course, the time to do it — since we have to have it framed, sheetrocked, door hung, anyway the additional $ for my tweaks is minimal.

Two walls are concrete, so it’s got some advantages right off. Kilmat (made for car sound) applied to HVAC duct really dulls the sound when rapping on it. These ducts are among the worst sources of ambient noise. Eliminating it was not an option, since it serves heating and cooling to living and dining room upstairs. Selectively using rock wool around it. Exterior and interior walls and ceiling are insulated with R15 fiberglass batts. (Almost all homes and remodels are not insulated between rooms & floors.) Adjacent plumbing and drainpipes wrapped. Putty pads around outlets that could transmit sound. 5/8” sheetrock instead of 1/2”.

Instead of an interior door, I’m using a basic steel exterior door as it has insulation, sill, and weatherstripping all around. All gaps in the pre-hung will be insulated/filled. Floor is painted concrete, and I’ll use cotton or wool area rugs (don’t want poly or vinyl floor because of potential static.) Using Trademark acoustic sealant (dries rubbery) behind trim & molding. Two dedicated AC lines with Hubbell fixtures that I like. Recessed can lights in ceiling are cool enough to have Kilmat applied and insulation touching. These led lights won’t be on when listening, just table & floor lamp with conventional bulbs. Filling every other gap I can find. Already a quiet house in a quiet neighborhood, so looking forward to some “great escapes”.

Now nearing completion, room seems eerily silent. Will post as I get set up and moved in.

45E85326-A732-4446-AD8E-B7F9058FA580.jpeg
94C60F16-6A7A-4A34-99E1-6773BBF2CE21.jpeg
2FF7B0F3-E4BF-445B-8887-CFB82A5D24ED.jpeg
ADC4A02B-1B74-4395-8F50-0204CE4E769D.jpeg

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #33,053 of 41,035
I haven’t posted pics here in a year or so since we moved and are in the middle of some remodeling, with me listening in a small space surrounded by boxes. So I’ve just been following this thread, looking and liking as usual.

Since we are adding a couple rooms in the basement (bathroom and a small 11 X 11 room, I planted my Head-Fi flag squarely in the small room. It will be a “quiet room” for Head-Fi listening. My room won’t be treated for speakers; rather it’s about keeping noise from adjacent rooms, overhead, and hvac from entering in the first place. So just throwing out some of the things I’ve done if anyone else might be interested in some effective ways to quiet the ambient noise down. This is, of course, the time to do it — since we have to have it framed, sheetrocked, door hung, anyway the additional $ for my tweaks is minimal.

Two walls are concrete, so it’s got some advantages right off. Kilmat (made for car sound) applied to HVAC duct really dulls the sound when rapping on it. These ducts are among the worst sources of ambient noise. Eliminating it was not an option, since it serves heating and cooling to living and dining room upstairs. Selectively using rock wool around it. Exterior and interior walls and ceiling are insulated with R15 fiberglass batts. (Almost all homes and remodels are not insulated between rooms & floors.) Adjacent plumbing and drainpipes wrapped. Putty pads around outlets that could transmit sound. 5/8” sheetrock instead of 1/2”.

Instead of an interior door, I’m using a basic steel exterior door as it has insulation, sill, and weatherstripping all around. All gaps in the pre-hung will be insulated/filled. Floor is painted concrete, and I’ll use cotton or wool area rugs (don’t want poly or vinyl floor because of potential static.) Using Trademark acoustic sealant (dries rubbery) behind trim & molding. Two dedicated AC lines with Hubbell fixtures that I like. Recessed can lights in ceiling are cool enough to have Kilmat applied and insulation touching. These led lights won’t be on when listening, just table & floor lamp with conventional bulbs. Filling every other gap I can find. Already a quiet house in a quiet neighborhood, so looking forward to some “great escapes”.

Now nearing completion, room seems eerily silent. Will post as I get set up and moved in.

45E85326-A732-4446-AD8E-B7F9058FA580.jpeg94C60F16-6A7A-4A34-99E1-6773BBF2CE21.jpeg2FF7B0F3-E4BF-445B-8887-CFB82A5D24ED.jpegADC4A02B-1B74-4395-8F50-0204CE4E769D.jpeg
That's the perfect time to fine-tune your space: before the walls go up.

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #33,054 of 41,035

or u could get some good closed headphones and forget all that stuff:L3000:. but seriously that is going to be a great room for some good headfi listening

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #33,055 of 41,035
or u could get some good closed headphones and forget all that stuff:L3000:. but seriously that is going to be a great room for some good headfi listening
Yeah could have bought Stellia…:sunglasses: But this whole deal has been fun!!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #33,056 of 41,035
Always interesting to see others 'great escapes. This is mine with 3 tube amps power on. All I have to do is plug my headphone into any of them to get a different flavour. LCD4 is going through the pace now.

IMG_4415.jpg
As a bonus, it'll cut down on the heating bill too:smile:

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #33,058 of 41,035
Organised at last:
0D18D08B-4F8D-4B56-8CBE-C32F4B4A75C6.jpeg
(Three others are at ‘Laurel Mountain audio den’.)

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #33,059 of 41,035
Always interesting to see others 'great escapes. This is mine with 3 tube amps power on. All I have to do is plug my headphone into any of them to get a different flavour. LCD4 is going through the pace now.

IMG_4415.jpg
Bottle joy for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back