Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 10, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #26,431 of 41,031
I'm from New York. Howzabout we meet somewhere in the middle! hehe
Sounds great! I'm planing a holiday trip to Azores, so...

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #26,433 of 41,031
Thanks! Yes, the Matrix M-Stage is a fantastic amp. I especially like the ability to try different op-amps and change the gain. Really allows for fine-tuning to your specific needs!
I have this amp and a pair of Beyer Amiron Home, and it is a perfect match. The M-Stage off sets the small treble peak, it is such a great combo, that I would have thought they were made for each other. I also have a Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B, balanced headphone amp that is a little less warm, a great amp, wish they still produced it !

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #26,434 of 41,031
15998042489265489150138272010340.jpg

The Denon AH-D7200 showed up today, as did the the Focal Elegia. So far I much prefer the Denons. Hopefully the Focals calm down after a couple days of burn in, cause as it stands the treble is borderline painful.

I ordered a balanced cable that would have worked for both of them if it hadn't showed up broken/defective, so they're both using stock cables now. The Elegia cable is comically bad and I would have been upset if it was included with $200 headphones. Focal should be ashamed.

(No, "the floor" is not my usual setup)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #26,435 of 41,031
I have this amp and a pair of Beyer Amiron Home, and it is a perfect match. The M-Stage off sets the small treble peak, it is such a great combo, that I would have thought they were made for each other. I also have a Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B, balanced headphone amp that is a little less warm, a great amp, wish they still produced it !

Absolutely. It really is a fantastic pairing! I also have an in-line resistor (you can see it in the photos) to help tame that peak just a little bit more, and I think the end result is perfect for my taste.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #26,436 of 41,031
PXL_20200915_015524478.jpg

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #26,439 of 41,031
Finally going to post something here after enjoying all of the great headphone stations. I have my headphone setup in my home office. I can listen while at my desk, or with 9ft + cables in my chair where I like to read. I am posting now because I just received my custom headphone holder that mounts to the side of the bookshelf and helps organize the headphones and get them off of sitting on my amp or desk when not in use. It is made from pomelle bubinga from Cook Woods - which has a wide variety of exotic and traditional woods. Still waiting on a pair of ZMF Verite closed so hopefully just a few weeks more. Excited to see my own Camphor Burl headphones join the rest.

Headphone amp - headphones laying on the desk (Medium).JPG
Bubinga Headphone holder (Small).JPG
Bubinga Headphone holder peg 2 (Small).JPG
Bubinga headphone stand in action 1 (Small).JPG
Headphone equipment shelf 1 (Small).JPG

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #26,440 of 41,031
Finally going to post something here after enjoying all of the great headphone stations. I have my headphone setup in my home office. I can listen while at my desk, or with 9ft + cables in my chair where I like to read. I am posting now because I just received my custom headphone holder that mounts to the side of the bookshelf and helps organize the headphones and get them off of sitting on my amp or desk when not in use. It is made from pomelle bubinga from Cook Woods - which has a wide variety of exotic and traditional woods. Still waiting on a pair of ZMF Verite closed so hopefully just a few weeks more. Excited to see my own Camphor Burl headphones join the rest.

Headphone amp - headphones laying on the desk (Medium).JPGBubinga Headphone holder (Small).JPGBubinga Headphone holder peg 2 (Small).JPGBubinga headphone stand in action 1 (Small).JPGHeadphone equipment shelf 1 (Small).JPG

LOVE the set-up. Especially the audio rack/headphone storage stand. Great use of space. I ended up buying a cabinent because my apartment is so dusty I can't leave anything out.

Sep 15, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #26,441 of 41,031
Yes, we have an air cleaner in the kitchen, and another downstairs in addition to the filters on our furnace. I have thought of potentially adding something to the office too but have not yet. The Honeywell HPA300 we have in the kitchen has a low mode that is very quiet, we usually leave that on all the time and kick it up when we leave the area for a while.

Sep 15, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #26,442 of 41,031
Just a small and tiny update in my system which made a tremendous amount of difference :laughing:

KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-08-31-14-08-37.jpeg

Take a guess what that is :wink:

I'm curious - what did the TFs bring to the table?

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #26,443 of 41,031
We have a small Victorian terrace house and my wife's job requires her to be on conference calls 103% of the day, so to maintain my sanity I migrated my desk upstairs. The window to the left opens on a vertical hinge which works very nicely in this hotter weather, and I can blow my vapour straight to the great outdoors haha.

full

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #26,444 of 41,031
What's with the dangerous angle of your Dangerous DAC :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back