Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 12, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #21,631 of 41,031
Dont need much more than your setup
smily_headphones1.gif
nice rig!

True...and it sounds absolutely fantastic!

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #21,634 of 41,031
Thank you!!

Rolling tubes has already cost me about as much as the DAC, amp, and headphones combined! The good news is I now know what tubes I like. The bad news ohs that aren't the inexpensive ones!

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #21,635 of 41,031
Feb 12, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #21,636 of 41,031
  I am just starting out!

...and pretty much reached the end already. don't make the mistake most of us have which is (buy 650 first, want better, go through too many expensive headphones, experience sadness/regret/disappointment from TOTL headphone, realise 650 is amazing value, buy 650 again) 
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #21,637 of 41,031

...and pretty much reached the end already. don't make the mistake most of us have which is (buy 650 first, want better, go through too many expensive headphones, experience sadness & regret & disappointment from TOTL headphone, realise 650 is amazing, buy 650 again) 
tongue.gif

I have read way too many posts about people looking for better cans, selling their HD 650's, and down the road being sorry they did. I am sure I will get the urge to try different cans, but I am planning on keeping the HD 650's.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #21,640 of 41,031

I have read way too many posts about people looking for better cans, selling their HD 650's, and down the road being sorry they did. I am sure I will get the urge to try different cans, but I am planning on keeping the HD 650's.

I can attest to that (see sig). The 650s are a keeper! 

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #21,641 of 41,031
  I am just starting out!

As others have mentioned, you are starting with the right 'phones.

I wanted to say 'Congrats' on also picking out the right tubes for your Lyr - the Siemens CCa drivers are as good as they get.

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #21,642 of 41,031

As others have mentioned, you are starting with the right 'phones.

I wanted to say 'Congrats' on also picking out the right tubes for your Lyr - the Siemens CCa drivers are as good as they get.

Thanks!

I tried 6 or 7 different tubes and really like the sound I get with both my monitors and headphones when using the Siemens CCa tubes. I also really like the 1975 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP tubes that have been real popular on here.

I have to say the Lyr 2 is a real step up from the Vali 2 that I had initially. The difference is really noticeable with the HD 650's. The sound is fuller and more realistic. I am very happy with my setup! It's almost a drag that I have hit on audio nirvana so quickly. Sometimes the journey is the reward. In this case it will just have to be fantastic sounding music! 

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #21,643 of 41,031

Thanks!

I tried 6 or 7 different tubes and really like the sound I get with both my monitors and headphones when using the Siemens CCa tubes. I also really like the 1975 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP tubes that have been real popular on here.

I have to say the Lyr 2 is a real step up from the Vali 2 that I had initially. The difference is really noticeable with the HD 650's. The sound is fuller and more realistic. I am very happy with my setup! It's almost a drag that I have hit on audio nirvana so quickly. Sometimes the journey is the reward. In this case it will just have to be fantastic sounding music! 

On the Russian tubes... I bought a quad set and I thought they were just 'OK'. My favorite 6922/6DJ8 class tubes are my '60s Telefunken E188CC, but this set is in great shape and with my CCa tubes, one of them has a slight hum. If your pair sounds clean, you are all set.
Trust me, everyone reading this thread and looking at the pile of gear they own are jealous, myself included, at reaching your end-game rig, so quickly. 
beerchug.gif

Well... I wouldn't be honoring the title of Headphoneus Supremus if I didn't plant the seed for your next upgrade ... a TURNTABLE ... plus lots of stuff to go with it! Start saving...

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #21,644 of 41,031

On the Russian tubes... I bought a quad set and I thought they were just 'OK'. My favorite 6922/6DJ8 class tubes are my '60s Telefunken E188CC, but this set is in great shape and with my CCa tubes, one of them has a slight hum. If your pair sounds clean, you are all set.
Trust me, everyone reading this thread and looking at the pile of gear they own are jealous, myself included, at reaching your end-game rig, so quickly. 
beerchug.gif

Well... I wouldn't be honoring the title of Headphoneus Supremus if I didn't plant the seed for your next upgrade ... a TURNTABLE ... plus lots of stuff to go with it! Start saving...

Well, I shouldn't have implied I have no where to go! I have plans to get a Mjolnir 2 AMP and Yggdrasil DAC someday. My speaker setup is nearfield in my home office but I may want to setup a larger room will larger speakers, amps, etc. So there potential for a ton of money to be spent.

I got rid of my vinyl collection 20 years ago. What a mistake that was. I am not about to start a new one......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back