Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 7, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #21,346 of 40,947
Cleaned up my system a bit. I know I have junk speakers, haven't gotten around to getting better speakers yet.

Desktop computer view.

Main headphones: Audioquest Nighthawks.(There are other headphones I use but aren't in the picture to prevent clutter, also my DT 1770 Pro is being repaired).
Portable headphones: Sony MDR-1A.
Vinyl: Sony PX-LX250H.(Got for really cheap a while back)

Main Amp/DAC: Sony UDA-1.(Ended up liking the amp section on this better than my Project Sunrise III)

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #21,347 of 40,947

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #21,348 of 40,947
^
Very nice dude.
gs1000.gif
Looks cozy.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #21,349 of 40,947
[Originally posted here].

It has been a long while, thought to update my Twitter and FB background pics to showcase all the new changes to my desk, so posting a new pic of my desk here.
Absent are new upcoming Corsair K95 Cherry MK Red or Brown gaming keyboard (there is an unused keyboard tray on my desk where my new gaming keyboard will be situated. Will test which Cherry MK key type I prefer), and Corsair gaming mouse pad (deciding between MM600 or MM800 RGB). Both will be acquired at next paycheck.
My Noble Audio Katana CIEM's are still being made so are also absent.
My Razer Goliathus Speed gaming mouse pad was free (one of two) and on it is the bespoke, high end, Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse (same or better performance as wired mice!).

You can't see it clearly but on the left-hand side of my gaming MSI GP62 6QF laptop is an iFi Audio Gemini USB cable (data/audio head only), and the power head is directly connected to the 1st Gen iFi Audio iUSBPower output (that is the true way to use it, told to me by iFi Audio themselves). Thus I'm using the iUSBPower as a USB power regenerator.
The 1st Gen iFi Audio iPurifier is behind the iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50.
For music via laptop I use J.River Media Centre (media playback via Media Centre Home Cinema/CCCP), but for serious listening I use my Onkyo DP-X1 digital audio player in balanced mode and headphones of choice.
The Retro Stereo 50 is predominantly used for multimedia consumption, or whenever I want to listen to music via speakers.

Behind the laptop, lifted into the air via CoolerMaster Ergostand III, is my 10-way USB 3.0 dock, and behind this a 3Tb external HDD on an external USB 3.0 HDD dock.

I use my John Blue JB3 speakers as I prefer them over the iFi Audio LS3.5.

With the Retro Stereo 50, if I use headphones, one output is always connected to my SubPac S2, and the other to my headphones.
Meze Headphones 99 Classics is connected via low gain, and Audeze EL-8 Titanium or AKG K 712 via high gain.
The latter headphone is used for gaming with an Antlion ModMic 4.0 microphone attachment.

For my Xbox One and PS4, I output via optical Toslink into a 1st Gen TurtleBeach EarForce DSS 7.1 sound processor into analogue in of Retro Stereo 50.

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #21,350 of 40,947
Ha ha ha longbowbbs, that's the primary desk with a fold out second large desk area (to the right, not pictured)!

Also, everything is considered and placed, with left side my headphones and writing area, right side gaming peripherals and mouse, and soon under the desk is my keyboard tray that'll have a Corsair K95 RGB gaming keyboard at end of the month!

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #21,351 of 40,947
Ha ha ha @longbowbbs, that's the primary desk with a fold out second large desk area (to the right, not pictured)!

Also, everything is considered and placed, with left side my headphones and writing area, right side gaming peripherals and mouse, and soon under the desk is my keyboard tray that'll have a Corsair K95 RGB gaming keyboard at end of the month!

As I said...you need a bigger desk!  
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #21,353 of 40,947
Guys, I know this is supposed to be a thread for head-fi station pics, but bear with me. I feel compelled to share this one with you (no idea why I only discovered it just now).

I recently migrated from Foobar2K to MusicBee as my music playback software, and I cannot get over how breathtakingly beautiful and intuitively functional its UI is.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #21,354 of 40,947
Guys, I know this is supposed to be a thread for head-fi station pics, but bear with me. I feel compelled to share this one with you (no idea why I only discovered it just now).

I recently migrated from Foobar2K to MusicBee as my music playback software, and I cannot get over how breathtakingly beautiful and intuitively functional its UI is.

Is it windows 10 compatible?

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #21,355 of 40,947
Is it windows 10 compatible?

Yes it is - I'm using it with Windows 10 myself! Give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Sep 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #21,358 of 40,947

Fully intended selling this gear - Matrix CUBE and HD700's - as it's been sitting around for a while. There's no doubt it's harsher than my normal home setup but it's so much better than anything I've used in an hotel before
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #21,359 of 40,947

Turning Japanese. :)

Nice monitor! I considered it when I was looking for a new screen but the slightly OTT gamer-ish looks put me off too much for its hefty price tag. Ended up getting a LG 34U instead was quite a fair bit cheaper (around £1k at the time as opposed to £1.2k for yours) - thinking about getting a second LG to go with this one and just either wall mount them both and have one of my 144hz on my desk for FPS sensitive games or the other way around with the 144 Asus on the wall above the 21:9s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back