Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 29, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #20,643 of 41,038
I listened to my HD800 and my T1 when I have it with the V200 and remembered getting blown away by them..

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #20,645 of 41,038
Any thoughts on the new V200? It's been on my radar.

I'm in love with it. It has a wonderfully lush, liquid tone, exactly what I wanted for my HD800 and T1. It has an almost otherworldly ability to smooth out glaring peaks without sacrificing any detail, remaining quick and articulate. The noise floor is imperceptible with any of my headphones and lends to an extremely black background (great for classical or anything with lots of dynamic range). My only gripe is that the soundstage seems a little constrained. Layering and positioning seem to remain intact, but sound sources seem to be moved noticeably closer to the listener. This is a minor gripe though and not a deal breaker by any means. I highly recommend the V200.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #20,646 of 41,038
I'm in love with it. It has a wonderfully lush, liquid tone, exactly what I wanted for my HD800 and T1. It has an almost otherworldly ability to smooth out glaring peaks without sacrificing any detail, remaining quick and articulate. The noise floor is imperceptible with any of my headphones and lends to an extremely black background (great for classical or anything with lots of dynamic range). My only gripe is that the soundstage seems a little constrained. Layering and positioning seem to remain intact, but sound sources seem to be moved noticeably closer to the listener. This is a minor gripe though and not a deal breaker by any means. I highly recommend the V200.
wow, that's high praise. I am looking in that price range. 3 pieces in my gun sights the V200, Burson soloist and Lehmann Linear. From what I am gathering the V200 is likely the most "liquid, tube like" if you will. I tend to favor detail and image focus-my hearing is crapping out and at this point in my life products voiced that way sound better to me. Not saying however that's a deal breaker. Do you have any experience with those other 2 amps?

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #20,647 of 41,038
wow, that's high praise. I am looking in that price range. 3 pieces in my gun sights the V200, Burson soloist and Lehmann Linear. From what I am gathering the V200 is likely the most "liquid, tube like" if you will. I tend to favor detail and image focus-my hearing is crapping out and at this point in my life products voiced that way sound better to me. Not saying however that's a deal breaker. Do you have any experience with those other 2 amps?

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with either of those amps. However, I would agree with the V200 being described as "liquid" and "tube-like."

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #20,648 of 41,038

Never tried the Lehmann, but I didn't like the Burson Soloist when I tried it with HD800. IMO the treble sounds a bit gritty.

Can't quite remember what else I don't like about it but without a shadow of a doubt I would take the Graham Slee Solo over it. iirc they both cost about the same.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #20,650 of 41,038
Just now.........

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #20,651 of 41,038
^Nice!

Beautiful turntable.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #20,652 of 41,038
Jan 31, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #20,653 of 41,038
Damn I can only imagine how good life must feel like listening to music there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back