Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 1, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #20,478 of 41,034
At the moment: Jriver->AudioGD NFB 1 -> MF X-10D (modded) -> Leben CS300 (Full telefunken tubes)-> Tannoy SRM12X(with Tannoy super tweeter ST50)
I have two more amplifiers: a vintage Knight KA-25 and a DIY dual monoblock Telefunken EL95 amp (which is amazing with my Tannoy), the other speakers in the room are a pair of vintage fullrange Siemens Klangfilm
CD player: Teac CD750P (not the best but it does the job as i still have lot of cds left)
TT: Thorens TD150mkII -> MF XLPS phono box 
Also for my headfi station: Schiit Lyr and MF Xcan 2(modded), HD600, Beyer 880 600 Ohm

I may sell my AudioGD in favor of LKS DA003 dac as it has more modding possibilities

I will post a more detailed picture later today.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #20,479 of 41,034
Just recently updated the little corner of my world.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #20,480 of 41,034
Hello Head-Fi'ers.I haven't posted here in a LONG time but I wanted to stop in & say Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to you & yours,as well as a BIG thanks for keeping Head-Fi the #1 place to go for info!Until recently I was happily listening to my Fidelio X1's through the 1958, Mullard 12AX7,long plate, halo getter tube driven output of my Peachtree Audio MusicBox.Since I didn't use them much I was pretty happy.Then my apartment neighbors went & put the brakes on  my EL34 driven Sonus Faber stereo use by bringing home a new baby!My headphone use went through the roof & suddenly I was really hearing the limitations of my setup.Thanks to Head-Fi & Cyber Monday I now have a pretty kick ass head-fi rig so thanks to everyone who keeps the lights on here!System is comprised of:HP laptop>Silnote Silver Statement Reference USB cable(Solid core 7nines Silver)>HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC 2>Hybrid Stranded OCC with 7n Silver plated RCA cables>Schiit Audio Vali>HiFiMan HE-400i's...Equipment is isolated from vibration using:Solid Hardwood(Ash)bedside table with carpet spikes installed>#2 VibraPods>1" thick Maple/Walnut food grade cutting board>Herbies Big Squares & heavy Polyresin statues(1lb.3oz.x2 & 2lb.11oz.) sitting on top of Cutting Board,Amp & DAC.Absolutely no ringing from the amp & simply superb sound!

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #20,482 of 41,034
It is! and is the ultimate imho player for all file types. It's most amazing on redbook cd because of the DSD remastering engine. Very similar to what PS Audio does with their Direct DSD player. And with the latter firmware it allows you to rip cd directly to the player without a need for a computer in the chain.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #20,483 of 41,034
Great, I just got a fiio X1 to start with getting into different file types, and I would like to actually have a better way of getting/store/play hi res music like the Sony.
So does it hook directly up to any receiver? l
It is! and is the ultimate imho player for all file types. It's most amazing on redbook cd because of the DSD remastering engine. Very similar to what PS Audio does with their Direct DSD player. And with the latter firmware it allows you to rip cd directly to the player without a need for a computer in the chain.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #20,485 of 41,034

My "portable" rig: HP Pavilion 2-in-1 notebook/tablet > Windows 8.1 > MusicBee/Spotify > mp3/FLAC/AAC > Geek Out 450 > Sennheiser 558 / 600 (the 600s are brand new)

Will probably upgrade to a Geek Out V2 or Meridian Explorer2 soon (for PC) / Samsung S7 (phone listening)

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #20,487 of 41,034

It's been a while and I've changed things up. I also really need to dust my turntable XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back