Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #16,802 of 41,020

Thanks!

Just tested it today. It does surprisingly well, actually. The sound is slightly "veiled" compared to the Schiit stack. I'm not sure the upgrade to the Schiit stack was worth the money, given that the Z-2300 do so well with headphones.  

I agree. I have the Z2000 and the headphone circuit impressed me as well.  

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #16,804 of 41,020

Rubbermaid Hose Hook, electric tape, PVC, nut/bolt, and some felt. Plus, about an hour of time.

very nice , and thats given me an idea of how i'm going to improve some cheapo wooden stands i got off the 'bay !  thanks

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #16,806 of 41,020
Jan 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #16,807 of 41,020
My camera died (thankfully after I took pretty pictures of the X5) and I couldn't find my battery charger, but this is probably the only time my desk is going to be clean for a while so this is a crappy phone picture:

(I honestly have no idea why this picture is so bright; Boston is positively gloomy today.)

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #16,808 of 41,020
Recently acquired a Schiit Modi as a late christmas present (woo a real DAC now!) and an old laptop which I intend to integrate into my bedroom speaker setup. I'm gonna run foobar on it with Wasapi, I know that much already. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an app/program so that I can actually control Foobar/the laptop with my rooted Galaxy S4??? It would be really nice to be able to control the music from my bed.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #16,809 of 41,020
Recently acquired a Schiit Modi as a late christmas present (woo a real DAC now!) and an old laptop which I intend to integrate into my bedroom speaker setup. I'm gonna run foobar on it with Wasapi, I know that much already. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an app/program so that I can actually control Foobar/the laptop with my rooted Galaxy S4??? It would be really nice to be able to control the music from my bed.

I just discovered Daphile . It's a headless audiophile stripped down to the basics Linux distribution/modified squeezebox server.

I use it on my phone using any squeezebox remote or from any network computer at "http://daphile"

So far I love it

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #16,810 of 41,020
I just discovered Daphile . It's a headless audiophile stripped down to the basics Linux distribution/modified squeezebox server.

I use it on my phone using any squeezebox remote or from any network computer at "http://daphile"

So far I love it

Still far from perfect though trouble booting on few machines here, been following it on diyaudio since alpha and beta.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #16,811 of 41,020

Still far from perfect though trouble booting on few machines here, been following it on diyaudio since alpha and beta.

I leave it open all the time. :p hehe. I installed it on a Xtreamer Ultra HTPC and the wifi would not connect. neither did the backup of highjacking the wificard and using it backwards to send out a wireless signal to set it up. 

Quick fix that I tried was to boot the usb key using my laptop. worked fine that way. Configured my wifi and saved the settings. Upon plugging the usb back into my Xtreamer, the settings were there and wifi/the whole thing worked perfectly from then on.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #16,812 of 41,020

(I honestly have no idea why this picture is so bright; Boston is positively gloomy today.)

The cameras light meter and exposure settings are probably set such that when the frame is analyzed the exposure compensates so that the darker parts (in this case the left speaker) can still be seen well, and overall the rest of the frame becomes brighter than what it seemed to your eye at the time.  Remember your eyes aperture (the pupil) is constantly changing to adjust to ambient light. Cameras have a light meter and an algorithm to tell it how to expose the shot and they are far dumber than your eyes.  

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #16,814 of 41,020
That is sweet! Nice and clean :beerchug:

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #16,815 of 41,020
It looks as if our fellow member went on holiday! 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back