Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #6,829 of 40,992
Quote:
The J3 must be pretty nice because they are pretty awful out of an iPod, laptop, or phone.  Speaking of which, is there a phone who's sound quality on the HO doesn't suck (that isn't an Apple product?)

Don't worry most HO outs on Apple products suck just as bad as the HO out on an Android/ Sony/Blackberry etc etc etc.

To answer your question though the latest greatest phenomenon on head-fi as far as DAP's go seems to be the iBasso DX100. It's supposed to sound pretty good the only bad part the Android OS on it seems to be chalked full of bugs. If you can tolerate your music suddenly out of the blue sounding like the chipmunks you're good to go.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #6,830 of 40,992
Quote:
Don't worry most HO outs on Apple products suck just as bad as the HO out on an Android/ Sony/Blackberry etc etc etc.

To answer your question though the FOTM on head-fi as far as DAP's go seems to be the iBasso DX100. It's supposed to sound pretty good the only bad part the Android OS on it seems to be chalked full of bugs. If you can tolerate your music suddenly out of the blue sounding like the chipmunks you're good to go.

There, I fixed that for you.

Now could we go back to pictures please?

My Millett Starving Student hybrid going trough another bench test. Also on this picture are the two DIY headphones stands, a modified SRH440, a Q701 and an NFB-12.

Yep, this is what an EE student's room mess looks like. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #6,831 of 40,992
Wow. Love the basement theatre setup. What are the speakers which are soaking in the McIntosh love?

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #6,835 of 40,992
How do you like your Grado's?

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #6,836 of 40,992
Quote:
Wow. Love the basement theatre setup. What are the speakers which are soaking in the McIntosh love?

They look a bit like some of the older Wilson's, but I did not recognize them.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6,837 of 40,992
I got a couple of new toys for the home office and for the office office...

The little triangle thing on the seat is a Lenovo handheld keyboard & mouse for controlling the music server / Mac mini.  The trackpad on it is the same style as the Blackberry trackpad.  Works great so far.

A transportable Objective stack for the office office.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #6,838 of 40,992
Good looking rig in the home office. I really wish the base O2 was configured differently - a little industrial design can do wonders. 

What headphones do you run off the 02 at the office office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back