Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #4,502 of 29,604

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Posts
4,630
Likes
344
Here's more pics of my dads set-up if anyone is interested :wink:
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Feb 27, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #4,504 of 29,604

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Posts
10,586
Likes
5,712
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Quote:
With my latest purchase Audiolab 8200CD cd player and dac
-----


What cable is that for the HE-500s?


Whiplash Audio TWag V2 Eclipse terminated in the balanced Kobicon connector Ray Samuels use for Protector and SR71-B. All my phones are cabled and terminated that way and I then have a number of pigtals for other connections (1/8" trs, 1/8" trrs and 2 x 3-pin xlr).
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #4,505 of 29,604

Digital-Pride

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 2, 2010
Posts
2,575
Likes
122


Quote:
Here's more pics of my dads set-up if anyone is interested :wink:
 
<snip>



Wow, your dad has a nice setup.  I guess you inherited his love for all things audio?
smily_headphones1.gif

 
Feb 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #4,508 of 29,604

liamstrain

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Posts
3,692
Likes
256


Quote:
Zombie, what furniture is that? It looks great and I need a new rack soon.



Looks to me like the VTI BL404 with silver frames and black shelves.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043HBCB2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #4,509 of 29,604

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
296
I thought so but wanted to confirm. that VTI stuff has been catching my eye every time. Going to buy one once I get my gear together.
 
Quote:
Looks to me like the VTI BL404 with silver frames and black shelves.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043HBCB2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851



 
 
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #4,510 of 29,604

roker

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Posts
1,775
Likes
20


Quote:
 

I love knowing I can play any record of any speed or size on this turntable...


 
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you need a special cartridge/stylus to play 78s
 
good thing for you that that's only regulated to very old records
 
my paltry vinyl collection dates back to the 50s and there isn't a 78 to be found.
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #4,512 of 29,604

jtaylor991

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Posts
1,171
Likes
26
Yeah I always thought it was because the high speed wore down the needle faster, and it still kinda is, but the wider grooves have a lot of bouncing around in there creating more noise, so it's worth it to get a 78 stylus apparently. I'm not so sure about cartridges though.
 
Quote:
 
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you need a special cartridge/stylus to play 78s
 
good thing for you that that's only regulated to very old records
 
my paltry vinyl collection dates back to the 50s and there isn't a 78 to be found.



 
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #4,513 of 29,604

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Posts
4,630
Likes
344
Indeed, it all started with him suggesting some HD595's to me and well, you see where I am now.
 
Quote:
Wow, your dad has a nice setup.  I guess you inherited his love for all things audio?
smily_headphones1.gif



 
It's made by VTI, though I don't know the price nor model number.
 
Quote:
Zombie, what furniture is that? It looks great and I need a new rack soon.



 
Yup :wink:
 
Quote:
That is totally wicked.  Now I see where your interest in audio equipment comes from! 


 
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #4,514 of 29,604

logwed

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Posts
4,066
Likes
81


Quote:
Indeed, it all started with him suggesting some HD595's to me and well, you see where I am now.
 


Hey, how do you like that Little Pinkie PSU?
 
 
This is my setup these days, obviously I'm a messy guy... Also taken with my webcam because I'm also a classy man :p
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
Feb 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #4,515 of 29,604

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Posts
4,630
Likes
344
I love the Pinkie PSU. It give my X-CANV8P gobs of juice. I see you have a basic, yet nice set-up.
 
You still live in Milwaukee at all? It's been 4 yours since I've actually seen you. We have to meet up sometime and compare our gear. Last time yuo were here all I had was the X-CANV8P and a K701/HD600.
 
Speaking of Sennheiser's, how's your SPC cable holding up?
 
Quote:
Hey, how do you like that Little Pinkie PSU?
 
 
This is my setup these days, obviously I'm a messy guy... Also taken with my webcam because I'm also a classy man :p
 

 

 
 
 
 



 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top