Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 1, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #24,166 of 40,989
Pardon.... my box crashed in the middle of this

Changes....

pic 1: Yamaha FG830C, very very nice - next step Takamine

pic 2: 4 headphone "stand" (HEX v2, Senn HD-600, HE5SE, MD 4xx (all modded BTW) + CD storage

pic 3: Kenwood 800D (mod) tuner, Sony CD CE595, Cambridge CXC CD, Gumby, Ragnarok;

deep storage: HE5LE, Fostex FH500RP; on the way: Alara

pic 4: Triangle Celius 202 w/ Fountek x3.0 (mods)

pic 5: Ovation Celebrity GC28 - sounds good plugged in

pic 6: Epiphone Blues Custom Class A tubed amp, Epiphone Custom

pic 7: Gibson faded cherry - refinished - on loan, pic coming

Pics or it didn't happen

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #24,167 of 40,989
IMG_0024.JPG
Pics or it didn't happen

Try again... here is my Gibson which I cannot add it seems:

20170409_081954 (5).jpg

and what the heck, my modded speaker Xovers:

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #24,168 of 40,989
20190929_035028_zpsjb26t9cz.jpg

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #24,169 of 40,989

I thought about a similar set-up when I bought my cabinet. I would love to be able to see all the headphones, all the time, but my apartment is super dusty. Very little carpet and we are on the 6th floor, but I do have the windows open whenever possible. I would have to clean off the headphones regularly and I am just too damn lazy.:smile:

Your set up looks great though!

Shane D

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #24,171 of 40,989
Newest entry, the Simaudio Moon 600i integrated amp, which I am using to drive the Abyss via XLR > speaker taps adapter.

huh, I have that same rack...I just don't have such nice goodies to fill it with :wink:

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #24,173 of 40,989
Really nice stand!

Shane D

It's a Norstone Stabbil Hifi Bamboo made in France. It's fairly expensive for what it is and the quality control could stand some improvement. Mine came with several chips in the veneer. Also, while most of the supports have rubber inserts for isolation, oddly the bottom pieces have no rubber and are flat. Just kinda odd. I like the look of mine but I think from now on I'm going to go with metal equipment racks. I just never have enough space for my gear and it can be really hard to get access to the back of your equipment if you want to rearrange cabling.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #24,174 of 40,989
It's a Norstone Stabbil Hifi Bamboo made in France. It's fairly expensive for what it is and the quality control could stand some improvement. Mine came with several chips in the veneer. Also, while most of the supports have rubber inserts for isolation, oddly the bottom pieces have no rubber and are flat. Just kinda odd. I like the look of mine but I think from now on I'm going to go with metal equipment racks. I just never have enough space for my gear and it can be really hard to get access to the back of your equipment if you want to rearrange cabling.

Yeah, it doesn't look cheap. It is really hard to find the right mix of form and function when you live in an apartment. I bought what I thought was a nice looking, functional cabinet. Within weeks I realized that wasn't going to work and then I started hunting for shelving units to put on top. Got that all set up and working well, but I can't help but think that it could use something else. Like the gear itself, the hunt never seems to end.:yum:

Shane D

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #24,175 of 40,989
I thought about a similar set-up when I bought my cabinet. I would love to be able to see all the headphones, all the time, but my apartment is super dusty. Very little carpet and we are on the 6th floor, but I do have the windows open whenever possible. I would have to clean off the headphones regularly and I am just too damn lazy.:smile:

Your set up looks great though!

Shane D
Thanks! Funny you mention dust, as I keep them all covered, with towels, when I am not home. When I get home, the towels come off, and the fun begins.:o2smile:

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #24,176 of 40,989
Funny you mention dust, as I keep them all covered, with towels, when I am not home. When I get home, the towels come off, and the fun begins.:o2smile:

Great minds think alike! As it is, I have to wipe off the gear, cabinet, glass shelves weekly. Or at least I should.:relaxed:

Shane D

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #24,177 of 40,989
I see you have Forza cables. I use Forza Audioworks Claire Hybrid HPC for Verite and Noir Nybrid HPC for HD800.
Yes sir! I love Forza cables. They are super supple, lay straight, are lightweight, have zero microphones, and sound killer. They are reasonably priced as well, so what's not to love.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #24,179 of 40,989
I believe!
You are doing it right brother .

Nothing I like more than kicking back in the evening after a days work, with a cocktail and some nice music.
My back thanks me for it if I listen for long periods of time.
I am at that age where comfort matters :)

Just don't sit on the Ori, whatever you do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back