1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hifiguy528, Dec 19, 2010.
  1. OctavianH
    Tons of hi-fi equipment in this picture. :)

2. Light - Man
    My wife has OCD, so she threw all my gear into the Oval bin and it all got shredded by the CIA. :deadhorse:

Pharmaboy and HungryPanda like this.
  3. Deftone
    Shred!

NZtechfreak likes this.
  4. NZtechfreak
    Eyy, it's not all about shredding (even if I could actually shred in the first place) - that guitar can be a banjo, sitar, acoustic/12 string acoustic, Tele, Strat, Les Paul, Tritone guitar!

Light - Man likes this.
  5. antdroid
    P1030442.JPG P1030489.JPG

P1030379.JPG P1030425.JPG

grokit, Rhino73, ScOgLiO and 19 others like this.
  6. Audio Aficionado
    Trying out Qobuz for the first time. So far i'm impressed - much better than Spotify and Tidal, in my opinion.

[​IMG]

7. judomaniak57
    DSCF0722 (2).JPG New headphones Klipsch Hp3 thru a Astell and Kern 270mk11

waveSounds, grokit, Rhino73 and 9 others like this.
  8. mahesvara
    Abyss 1266 Phi TC: vast, visceral, powerful

IMG_0587.JPG

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Chidi, JTori, Redcarmoose and 31 others like this.
  9. betula
    My phone camera doesn't do justice to this beauty, but I still feel the urge to share, sorry.

For my taste at least the TT2 is the best DAC/amp I have heard up to and around its price point.

For my taste the Empyrean is the best headphone I have heard so far and I prefer it to the LCD4 (which cost £1000 more).
    Some people even prefer the Empy to the Susvara and the Abyss flagship and both of those cost twice the Empy's price and are hard to drive. (I haven't heard those.)

As a bonus the TT2 with the Empyrean is an exceptional match. Detailed, technical but very musical at the same time. Just how I like it.
    IMG_20190728_141226047.jpg
    IMG_20190728_141326571 (1).jpg

Chidi, JTori, Redcarmoose and 21 others like this.
  10. Audio Aficionado
    I think the Meze's name "Empyrean" matches it's looks. :)

Chidi likes this.
  11. CreditingKarma
    The one thing I can say is that once you hear the ab1266 phi tc there is no going back. It is the most speaker like headphone I have ever heard.

12. Audio Aficionado
    I have not heard the Ab1266 Phi, i'm sure it's an absolutely incredible sounding headphone just like the Empyrean, however, you should make a point to hear the B&W P9 Signature. Those guys at B&W applied their decades of knowledge of speaker design in to the design of the P9 Signature, that's for sure.

13. Audio Aficionado
    I finally have a proper desk to sit my equipment on, lol. Damn desk took 4 hours to build. Well worth it though, I can now mix/master my music more easily.

[​IMG]

I also found a place for my old Cyrus system. It's old but it's a fine example of classic British hifi.

[​IMG]

Rhino73, grokit, waveSounds and 10 others like this.
  14. L0rdGwyn
    Glenn OTL and my regular three-headphone rotation. The HD650 are soaring to previously unknown heights with this amp, tubes are Mullard CV181 and Western Electric 421A.

DSCF5366.jpg

15. whirlwind

Great pic.

That is a killer tube combo...congrats!

L0rdGwyn likes this.