Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #23,041 of 40,989
wow nice setup shame everything isn't black :wink:
Thanks! I generally like the silvery look of raw or polished metal. My first hifi purchase was silver (Kenwood KA 407), which was the standard colour at the time. After that black became trendy, but then everything was black and I was exposed to too much of it over the years, so usually not my preference. I would have bought the Formula S in silver had that been available.

Your setup does look great in all black.

I general I think the hobby could use more colour. E.g., I saw a photo of a sky blue DNA Stratus which I thought was really cool.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #23,049 of 40,989
Dec 9, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #23,051 of 40,989
Abbas audio headphone amp 16kg and nos dac,Perun electrostatic amp with Stax Lambda signature
abbas audio.jpg

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #23,053 of 40,989
now that is what I call a cubby hole

Which will take a few years at least, I would think :)

:ksc75smile:with only 1 speaker i take it you listen to alot of mono recordings

Haha, I was wondering about that as well.

LOL me too.

Lol yes good pick up, the speaker is there because i was trying to see if a 5" speaker would fit on my small desk but as you can see its too big. I'm currently looking for a <5" speaker for my setup and yes there will be two :wink:

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #23,054 of 40,989
Lol yes good pick up, the speaker is there because i was trying to see if a 5" speaker would fit on my small desk but as you can see its too big. I'm currently looking for a <5" speaker for my setup and yes there will be two :wink:

Gonna be boomy in a cubby. You could try using a virtual speaker program like Out of Your Head, just remember to EQ your headphones flat.

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #23,055 of 40,989
Gonna be boomy in a cubby. You could try using a virtual speaker program like Out of Your Head, just remember to EQ your headphones flat.

Yeah im looking at the iloud micro monitors which are 3" i believe. I dont quite understand the headphone comment though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back