Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 10, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #22,756 of 40,716
Love that ormosia henryi Ori of @whirlwind's...

I'm going to the Beacon Theater tonight to see the Tedeschi Trucks Band. IMO they're the finest Southern rock 'n' roll since the Allman Brothers--best living electric slide player + one of the really great R&B vocalists of our time.

Lucky you! Have fun and yes, Derek's slid playing is just heaven :)

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #22,757 of 40,716

I'm going to the Beacon Theater tonight to see the Tedeschi Trucks Band. IMO they're the finest Southern rock 'n' roll since the Allman Brothers--best living electric slide player + one of the really great R&B vocalists of our time.
Cool, enjoy! Nice to see a local(ish) person here. Let me know if you ever make it up to Dutchess County (Pawling). we have Daryl's House here!!! Going to see Martin Barre Fri and Sat there..

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #22,758 of 40,716
Cool, enjoy! Nice to see a local(ish) person here. Let me know if you ever make it up to Dutchess County (Pawling). we have Daryl's House here!!! Going to see Martin Barre Fri and Sat there..

Oh, yeah! Went there multiple times over past 3 decades when the club was The Town Crier (have also been to the new/relocated Town Crier in Beacon multiple times).

I'll be at Darryl's house in December to see John Schofield, legendary jazz/funk guitarist (I'm a huge jazz fan).

I see you're some distance from here...but presume you've heard of/been to the Falcon? That's another place I've been to countless times. Just talking blues guitar for the moment, saw the great British guitarist, Matt Schofield, there twice (in & amongst more jazz performances than I can honestly recall).

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #22,760 of 40,716
Oh, yeah! Went there multiple times over past 3 decades when the club was The Town Crier (have also been to the new/relocated Town Crier in Beacon multiple times).

I'll be at Darryl's house in December to see John Schofield, legendary jazz/funk guitarist (I'm a huge jazz fan).

I see you're some distance from here...but presume you've heard of/been to the Falcon? That's another place I've been to countless times. Just talking blues guitar for the moment, saw the great British guitarist, Matt Schofield, there twice (in & amongst more jazz performances than I can honestly recall).

I'm in Dover Plains, about 12 miles north of Daryl's House. I'm on the photo staff there and at the Towne Crier, so yeah I get to a lot of shows!!! I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.

Have yet to see a show at the Falcon, but I know of the place. I know the owner's son, Lee Falco.

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #22,761 of 40,716
I'm in Dover Plains, about 12 miles north of Daryl's House. I'm on the photo staff there and at the Towne Crier, so yeah I get to a lot of shows!!! I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.

Have yet to see a show at the Falcon, but I know of the place. I know the owner's son, Lee Falco.

He's a good drummer. Never met him, though talked w/Tony F many times.

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #22,762 of 40,716
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #22,763 of 40,716
IMG_20181012_142058_915.jpg
Budget Multi-IO Desktop Stack
  • Littlebear One
  • Monolith Cavalli Liquid Spark
  • Fiio Q1 Mk2 (DAC mode)

Oct 12, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #22,764 of 40,716

I love derek, saw him play in Macon, at 13-14 !

Oct 12, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #22,765 of 40,716
No new gear here, but I did finally complete a wall in the cave.

you sir have surpassed me !
I was telling the wife how I needed to get off my butt and finish my room !

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #22,767 of 40,716
Pigs on the Wing...

That place looks awfully familiar!
IMG_20170406_101627.jpg

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #22,768 of 40,716
I love derek, saw him play in Macon, at 13-14 !

That was an UNBELIEVABLE show. I still have a sonic concussion. Two scary things about Derek:
  • He plays the worst POS guitar ever made, the Gibson SG (everyone I knew in the '60s/'70s started on one, then abandoned it ASAP). Despite that, he gets an amazingly rich, 3D sound...obviously he's improved/modified it, starting w/pickups.
  • I already knew he's the best slide guitarist alive (probably the best ever). What I didn't know is how good he is at straight guitar. 2-3 numbers in this show saw him put down the slide, and what came out was insanely good--world class.

It doesn't hurt one bit that his wife is just about the best white girl blues/R&B belter on this earth. She had quite an instrument, but when she turns it down, sang a couple gorgoeous/sweet ballads. What a pair!

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #22,769 of 40,716
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #22,770 of 40,716
@whirlwind Thats a great system and very cozy room. Is that a poster of the Battersea Power Station on the left ?
So cool

Thanks much for the kind words.

Yes that is the Battersea Power Station on the one wall. Here is a better pic of it.
DSC01568.JPG
It is a Fathead and it just sticks to the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back