Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #20,071 of 40,724
  I agree the amp is a pretty damn good one.  The Yggdrasil is a good DAC as well.

Listening to the HE1000 right now.  While they're on loan.

EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

Make me dream!

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #20,072 of 40,724
Enjoy

d^_^b

The Polk Audio 4Shot Xbox One headset near the bottom left-hand side was only put on my desk temporarily; it does not live on my desk at all. The iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 vacuum tube DAC/amp remote control sits where the 4Shot is, directly between my 2x black aluminium Just Mobile Headstands (HS-100BK) and my CEntrance HiFi-M8 XL4 (USB Type-B and Type-A; also includes optical, 3.5mm, and XL4 outputs).

Also please note that I am driving two pieces of audio gear from my iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50.
First, I decide which of the two headphone outputs for the headphone I want to use:
- for AKG K 712 I use the 6.5mm (high gain) with 7W of headphone power! Or,
- for Audeze EL8 closed back, I use the 3.5mm (low gain), used for more sensitive headphones (the 6.3mm gives too much noise and hiss; two powerful for the EL8).
Whichever one I use, the other output is then used to power the phenomenal SubPac S2 seatback tactical bass system! :D
The only downside to this is if I use the EL8's; the 6.3mm with 7W is overkill for the SubPac S2. With this setup the bass intensity knob on the control box is between 15 - 20%!
On the other hand, if I use my AKG K 712 via the 6.5mm output, then 3.5mm is used for the S2, and the intensity is between 20 - 25%.

I'll let you guys figure out what the rest of my desk entails (from what you can see, of course) ^^

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #20,073 of 40,724
  I agree the amp is a pretty damn good one.  The Yggdrasil is a good DAC as well.

These are my desktop wallpaper now.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #20,075 of 40,724

Nice mid-fi system.

Keep reading, learning, and upgrading and perhaps one day you will have a TOTL rig.

ph34r.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #20,076 of 40,724
  Enjoy

d^_^b

The Polk Audio 4Shot Xbox One headset near the bottom left-hand side was only put on my desk temporarily; it does not live on my desk at all. The iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 vacuum tube DAC/amp remote control sits where the 4Shot is, directly between my 2x black aluminium Just Mobile Headstands (HS-100BK) and my CEntrance HiFi-M8 XL4 (USB Type-B and Type-A; also includes optical, 3.5mm, and XL4 outputs).

Also please note that I am driving two pieces of audio gear from my iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50.
First, I decide which of the two headphone outputs for the headphone I want to use:
- for AKG K 712 I use the 6.5mm (high gain) with 7W of headphone power! Or,
- for Audeze EL8 closed back, I use the 3.5mm (low gain), used for more sensitive headphones (the 6.5mm gives too much noise and hiss; two powerful for the EL8).
Whichever one I use, the other output is then used to power the phenomenal SubPac S2 seatback tactical bass system! :D
The only downside to this is if I use the El8's; the 6.5mm with 7W is overkill for the SubPac S2. With this setup the bass intensity knob on the control box is between 15 - 20%!
On the other hand, if I use my AKG K 712 via the 6.5mm output, then 3.5mm is used for the S2, and the intensity is between 20 - 25%.

I'll let you guys figure out what the rest of my desk entails (from what you can see, of course) ^^

Very interesting gear you have there. I also like the colour coding of your equipment, whether intentional or not.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #20,077 of 40,724
The headphone wall has been completed! The empty hook next to the AKG K701 is for my soon to arrive K7XX. The one next to the T1 is for my DT990 Pro's that are on the desk. It looks so nice!

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #20,079 of 40,724

Nice!

I see some track lighting in your future (above the rack).   
biggrin.gif

I was thinking the same thing... small LED track lights would look really cool, spotlighting the headphones.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #20,082 of 40,724
Ha ha thanks SunTanScanMan!

Wasn't intentional per se, but I wanted my desk to have some sort of meaning and organised sense, and the bamboo amp and speakers work well with my desk and Ukiyo-E prints!

I love my gear, all carefully chosen, or acquired by friends within the audio industry, and has taken me years to build.

Yes it's easy to have super high-end gear but for me getting the best of what one can afford, and investing in gear for the long-term,reaps significant rewards.
More than anything, I have a simpler system overall, and can say that I still have a nice high-end system.

I love this forum, and though I don't post often Head-Fi has been a beating heart of my audio journey for over fifteen years. <3

And also a drain.

ALL YOUR FAULT...my wallet is in a dark corner, weeping atm...

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #20,085 of 40,724

Amen to that. I thought I had reached my end-game when I had a BHSE and an SR-009. Turned out I actually preferred the SR-007 MK1 to the SR-009. Said goodbye to the SR-009 and never looked back.

So was the BHSE/SR-007 the final frontier for me? Nope. Call me crazy but I later realized a well-driven--I mean absolutely well-driven by the top 1% synergistic amps out there--HD800 stomps the aforementioned TOTL stat combo in terms of imaging, resolution (in both macro- and micro-dynamics) and soundstage. Throw in a refurbished vintage R2R DAC from the golden 90's and add a touch of 3D magic from something like the Smyth Realiser A8 or OOYH software, and I felt closer than ever to the end-game I had dreamed of.

But deep down I know that this still won't be the end-game for me.

Which are the top 1% synergistic amps for the hd800?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back