Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 22, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #18,092 of 41,034
How is the HAP-100 Mike?

oh man, that thing is an un-sung hero of a solid-state headphone amp!
I gotta credit my partner-in-crime at Audio360.org @warrenpchi  for telling me about it when he got his review sample!

He wanted to review it with me for 360, but when he heard it, he suggested I see if I could get my own review sample,
as it ROCKS! I love the modern aesthetic, and the simple digital display for input and volume, plus the remote
(w/ mute, vol up/down, and on/off - stays in stand-by - power switch on rear panel) - but most importantly - the sound!

W/ my Audeze LCD-2 (w/ Fazor) and XC, plus Grado 325is so far - the tonality is rich, full-bodied, and unlike many SS headphone amps I hear, the EQ doesn't lean too forward into the treble or the bass! It's well-balanced, and smooth without veiling the lower or upper midrange.
The highs are also extended and rich, not bright, and also with a sweet presence of air op-top.

I love the signature with acoustic and electronic music, and I listen to alot of underground electronic - found-sounds kind of stuff
(The Haxan Cloak) and true dubstep, like Burial, Four Tet, or Eskmo - and the HAP-100 handles it ALL with grace and BALLS! I'm so psyched for this review! But I'm not psyched to give it up, so I may sell some other amps to keep it!

Warren's DEAD ON - or he was, when he told me he didn't think he'd "heard solid-state perform like this NEAR this price"! - under 600 bucks...

This amp deserves far more attention than its received - and we hope to change that!
It's also got 4 inputs, and a variable output for use as a line-stage - VERY handy feature!

NuForce hit it BIG in high end a few years ago, but there was a pause for them - but I've met the team there, and not only are they
a great bunch of guys, but they LOVE music and the products showcase that love!

Be on the look-out for our review in Audio360.org ASAP!
After Newport...

May 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #18,093 of 41,034
An Audeze computer.  How cool is that?

May 23, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #18,097 of 41,034
  An Audeze computer.  How cool is that?

biggrin.gif

-Oops. So do I. I guess that is what happens when I post without having had sufficient amounts of coffee first...

Happens to the BEST of us!!!!

May 23, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #18,098 of 41,034

biggrin.gif

Happens to the BEST of us!!!!

-I find that coffee works best when I have it from this mug:

I could definitely use a double shot of espresso now; only last week or so did I tell one of the apprentices that most of the math you learn in university you're quite unlikely to need later on - it's just impossible to know while you're studying what parts of the curriculum you really need to pay attention to.

And today? I find myself starting off my day trying to solve a couple of partial differential equations. First time in years.

Oh well, the equations can wait. I'm off to the coffee machine...

May 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #18,102 of 41,034
Just finished assembling my Rube Goldberg SACD playback chain, leveraging an old Sony Blu-ray player and a couple of cheap boxes to de-embed the HDMI, trick-out the EDID handshake and send it to my DAC/amp.  I am pleasantly surprised at the sound from my new source.

Apologies for the poor photo quality, but here's a quick side view of my desk (I'll post more stuff once I finish organizing things).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back