Show us your gaming set-up
Nov 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

Lets see your gaming set-ups! Here's mine:

The systems pictured: Super Famicom, PS Debug (DTL-1001), PS4, PS3, Wii U, Genesis Model 2, Dreamcast (Region Free BIOS), NES (with RGB output), Saturn (Region Free BIOS), Wii. 

The surround set-up: NAD T-747, Harman/Kardon 5.1 Speakers

You'll also probably notice the wall of controllers to the right. I like to have them all at my fingertips any time I need them.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 62
Very nice. I am in the process of moving right now, but once I get everything up I will post a pic. Probably after the holidays. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 62
Holy mother of consoles...

All I have currently:

Panasonic 60" VT60 plasma
Slim PS3, PS4, Vita, hacked PSP-2000
Alienware M17xR4 (GTX680m) gaming laptop.

Sega Dreamcast and PS2 are in the closet.

I'll take a pic of my room later.

I greatly desire a Sega Saturn...

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 62
I told you I was a gamer. Oh if you're wondering, the blue PS1 is used for testing compiled game code and can boot any game/copy regardless if it's retail, region-free, or burned. It's really rad.

Want a Saturn? I have a modded Model 2 Saturn (USA). It can play homebrew and region modified games. You can get it from me for cheap if you want. $30 sounds fair, right? I have a few extra controllers as well.

But this is like 1/8 of all my systems. I have a huge storage tub in my basement with like 30 more systems, some rare ones as well. I have a dev PS1 (looks like a PC), Dev XBOX (Original), Atari 2600, Atari 5200, just a bunch more than what's shown here.

Quote:
Holy mother of consoles...

All I have currently:

Panasonic 60" VT60 plasma
Slim PS3, PS4, Vita, hacked PSP-2000
Alienware M17xR4 (GTX680m) gaming laptop.

Sega Dreamcast and PS2 are in the closet.

I'll take a pic of my room later.

I greatly desire a Sega Saturn...

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 62

Some of my gear:

And of course, the gaming setup just isn't complete without my headphone rig which I always use for gaming as well 
biggrin.gif

And here is my PC rig, hidden under my table and in desperate need of a cleaning 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 62
@pervysage : Which CPU are you using in your rig? 

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #8 of 62
Ero-sennin, that is one sexy setup. I do hope your TV is a plasma, since LED/LCD at such a low point of view is gonna alter the picture quality in a bad way.

edit: i see it's a Sony... and Sony hasn't done Plasma in years. That viewing angle can't possibly be ideal. :frowning2:

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 62
You guys have some sexy setups. Hey Pervy, how do you like that Ikea desk? I have been contemplating getting it for a while, but with the T-Legs.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 62
  @pervysage : Which CPU are you using in your rig? 

Intel i7-2600K Sandy Bridge. I guess some might consider that a bit outdated now 
tongue_smile.gif
 Built her almost 2 years ago.

Ero-sennin, that is one sexy setup. I do hope your TV is a plasma, since LED/LCD at such a low point of view is gonna alter the picture quality in a bad way.

edit: i see it's a Sony... and Sony hasn't done Plasma in years. That viewing angle can't possibly be ideal.
frown.gif

Haha, yeah it's an LED/LCD. It looks like I view the TV from my chair right there, but that's not what I actually do. This setup is in my fairly small bedroom so that TV's main purpose is for viewing from the bed (you can partially see my bed right behind my desk). When viewing from the bed, it's at a perfect angle. Whenever I'm sitting at my desk, I only use the 2 monitors in front of me.

You guys have some sexy setups. Hey Pervy, how do you like that Ikea desk? I have been contemplating getting it for a while, but with the T-Legs.

I've got the exact same ikea desk and love it, no snags on the wood finish, nice and smooth.

Agreed. The desk has a nice finish, and there is so much more room compared to my old desk. Since I got the right angled version, the right side even serves as a nice arm rest when I'm using my mouse. I have the T-legs as well and they are great on my carpet, no wobbling. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 62
You have a really nice setup. How do you like the Fostex/WA7?I am really curious about the fostex th900s. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 62
  You have a really nice setup. How do you like the Fostex/WA7?I am really curious about the fostex th900s. 

Pretty awesome combo. Really suits the genres that I listen to: Rap/Hip-Hop, EDM, J-Pop and Anime OST's.

The TH-900's have a pretty wide soundstage for being a closed headphone. It can compete with most of the popular open back headphones out there. The instrument separation is top notch as well. As you probably have already heard from others, the TH-900's are fantastic when it comes to the bass. There is plenty of it but no so much that affects the mid range and the highs

Since this is a gaming thread, I should also mention that I have found them to be great for gaming. Since the imaging on them is really good, picking out positional cues while gaming isn't a problem. Even though some say the TH-900 has an emphasis on the bass, I still find them to be great even for competitive gaming. Competitive gamers usually go for a more neutral sounding headphone. I think the TH-900 gives you the total package... nice bass response for some immersive single player gaming, and they still hold their own for competitive gaming because of the good imaging and wide soundstage.

After having the setup for a couple months now, I can safely say that this is probably my end game setup. I love being able to enjoy a nice listening session on the computer, and also do some gaming on the Xbox, all on the same pair of headphones. I'm not the kind of person who wants several different headphones laying around and using each one for a single purpose. The TH-900's are super comfortable as well, so I can wear them all day if I wanted to. The only thing I might change in the future is buying a high-end external DAC and pairing that with the WA7.

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #15 of 62

Here is mine. I have my gaming PC and Console gaming TV in the same room. I am using a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface for my PC sound card. It has both stereo audio out and optical out. I have a long optical cable that runs over to my DC-1 DAC over by the TV. The stereo out goes to the Pioneer monitor speakers on the desk. I also have a long HDMI cable going from my PC to the TV. This way I can easily sit at my desk or move over to the couch and use the TV for PC gaming. This also lets me use my LCD-2 for gaming. They are over by the TV where my stereo is so I have a long balanced cable that I run over to my PC if I am gaming there.
I have 2 computers under the desk. The big silver one is my Hackintosh Pro. I have a Displayport switchbox that allows me to use my monitor for either computer. The Pioneer monitor speakers have multiple inputs so I can hook both computers up to them too.
The audio components in the picture with my PC are; Emotiva DC-1 DAC, Emotiva XSP-1 Preamp, Emotiva XPA-2, Schiit Mjolnir, Apple TV, CAPS server (for streaming my FLAC collection from my NAS using J-River), PS3, and Emotiva ERT 8.3 speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back