Show us your Car!
Nov 28, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #316 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the Silverado SST, then we'll talk.
tongue.gif

Correction, the new Jeep Laredo's have something like 425hp with a 6.0 engine.

Nov 28, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #317 of 501
Here's my new car, an '06 Mazda 3 hatch. Looooove this car.
biggrin.gif
Nice power for a 4-cyl, fantastic handling, great styling, nice interior and the utility of a hatch. I was all but set on a Civic about a month before purchase date, but after some research and test drives, the Mazda was the clear winner in basically everything except fuel economy.

4dpz9kw.jpg

4d7h92b.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #318 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.teslamotors.com/performan...tric_power.php

Though I have reservations about its actual capabilities and durability

umm how did they just decide that this car gets 110mpg when it doesn't even take gas? Its very misleading when in reality it might cause even more emmisions than a normal car. Sure the gases aren't being emitted from the car, but what about the coal fired power plant thats generating the power? Isn't our efficiency for delivering electricity from the plant to the consumer something like 1%?

Nov 28, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #319 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm how did they just decide that this car gets 110mpg when it doesn't even take gas? Its very misleading when in reality it might cause even more emmisions than a normal car. Sure the gases aren't being emitted from the car, but what about the coal fired power plant thats generating the power? Isn't our efficiency for delivering electricity from the plant to the consumer something like 1%?

not hard MPG units but mpg equivalent . there are emissions in refining process and delivery of fuel to stations, too... but afterall their zero-emissions push is for the conscience of the end-user

Nov 28, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #320 of 501
Mine's for sale this week!
yca7ea.jpg

Nov 29, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #321 of 501
Quote:

tongue.gif

TruckTrend did a head to head with the Dodge SRT10 with 500hp v10 and the Lightning held its own pretty good. In fact, the SRT with 120hp more (and $12k more) did the 1/4 in 13.3 and the L in 13.6. http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/..._overview.html On the other hand, the Silverado Speedway Edition is rather slow @ 14.5/92.4 mph. http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/..._overview.html The special order Silverado RST was even slower @ 15.6/89.9mph.
tongue.gif
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...silverado_rst/

Nov 29, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #324 of 501
Quote:

tongue.gif

Pssh. Chevy, don't even dare utter the word pick-up truck and Chevy in the same sentence.
biggrin.gif
Team F-series FTW!!

Seriously though, I've been pining on the Lightning ever since it first came out in '99, I even built two model replicas of it when I was small. If you're a Ford fan and you've never rode in one, you're seriously missing out. The whir of the roots supercharger and the growl of the exhaust is something to behold. Sure it handles like a brute and has the technology of an ancient chariot but it is the definition of a bad ass truck. Did I mention that this was what the GT's stunning engine was based on?
biggrin.gif
I would definitely trade in that '96 vette for one. The new Z06 maybe not, but definitely one of the older bow-ties. The only thing I didn't like on the later production models, were those hideous ricer-esque rear tail-lights. That's just plain wrong...
biggrin.gif

I definitely look forward to the '08/'09 model, even though I still won't be able to afford it.
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #326 of 501
Heh, I seem to have raised an anti-Chevy vein in this forum by my comments. Honestly, it was just off the top of my head that I mentioned the SST, since it seemed to be faster than the Lightning in GT4. I honestly don't really care for trucks other for moving large items... though the Lingenfelter Escalade EXT is quite a something.

Talk coupes and convertibles and you're on the same page as I am...
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #327 of 501
Quote:

Seriously though, I've been pining on the Lightning ever since it first came out in '99

Actually, the Lightnings first came out in '93 and ran untill '95. There was less than 12,000 of then built in total. I traded in my first gen '94 with 134k original owner miles in it when i bought the '04. It took almost 5 years for the SVT team to get the 2nd generation out. I also tend to agree with the 'euro' taillights. On some of the colors, it just doesn't look right. Mine has a pair of Crystal Eyes with black reflectors and clear lens and looks way better with the black truck.
eggosmile.gif

Attachment 8652

Nov 29, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #328 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my new car, an '06 Mazda 3 hatch.

How many of us Mazda 3 owners are there? I don't really have the patience to read 17 pages to find out
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 12:05 PM Post #329 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine's for sale this week!
yca7ea.jpg

Is that a Tasmin? I have always liked that car.

Nov 29, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #330 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a Tasmin? I have always liked that car.

It's a 350i with the Rover (Buick) 4 litre engine. The Tasmin name was dropped after a couple of year in production but it's all based around that design. IIRC Oliver Winterbottom, who was responsible for developing the Lotus Esprit, had a hand in the Tasmin. TVR owners just refer to them as 'wedges'!
Here's another:
ya6ptf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back