Show us your bags/carry case. (How are you carring your "portable" rig)
Jan 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

gidion27

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Fellow head-fiers

Since we pride ourselves to have the best "portable" set ups on the planet or at least for most our aim is simply to create the best sounding portable rig we can buy. I saw a few set ups that stretch the boundaries of the word portable:)  I was therefore wondering what everybody is using to carry their "portable" set up.  

So What do we use to carry our stuff to and from work / school or just for fun when shopping. Do you use a back pack, wheelbarrow or just a camera slim case

my set up:

Rig 1 [size=medium]Type[/size]
Source [size=medium]RH1[/size]
Amp [size=medium]RSA The Shadow[/size]
CEIM [size=medium]Heir 8.a[/size]
Cables [size=medium]Toxic Silver Poison[/size]
Case [size=medium]Obbi custom case[/size]

For the above rig / set up I am working with James from Obbigoodlabel to create a custom carry case. We just finished the design phase, so can not show the finished product yet. I would however love to see your set ups to appreciate will I continue my wait for my own carry case.

(For mods - I searched but could not find a topic like this. If I missed it please delete this thread or merge. Cheers)

'

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
Hi Fellow head-fiers

Since we pride ourselves to have the best "portable" set ups on the planet or at least for most our aim is simply to create the best sounding portable rig we can buy. I saw a few set ups that stretch the boundaries of the word portable:)  I was therefore wondering what everybody is using to carry their "portable" set up.  

So What do we use to carry our stuff to and from work / school or just for fun when shopping. Do you use a back pack, wheelbarrow or just a camera slim case

my set up:

Rig 1 [size=medium]Type[/size]
Source [size=medium]RH1[/size]
Amp [size=medium]RSA The Shadow[/size]
CEIM [size=medium]Heir 8.a[/size]
Cables [size=medium]Toxic Silver Poison[/size]
Case [size=medium]Obbi custom case[/size]

For the above rig / set up I am working with James from Obbigoodlabel to create a custom carry case. We just finished the design phase, so can not show the finished product yet. I would however love to see your set ups to appreciate will I continue my wait for my own carry case.

(For mods - I searched but could not find a topic like this. If I missed it please delete this thread or merge. Cheers)

'

Subscribed

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
X3 subscribed

By the way whose James and whats Obbigoodlabel?

obbigoodlabel is a company that provide craftsman an opertunaty to create cool stuff with leather:)

From their website. (marketing speak)
Obbi Good’s Label Company, a leather product company that combine unique, useful, and simple product that stand out from the individual rest.
Our leather product are design and craft by independent artisan craft-men. All product are carefully selected and handmade to desire, we welcome all ideas and offer what you see that is different.

Craftsmen

Scasi, Craftmen

craftmen-150x122.jpg
A visionary and executor, Scasi spearhead and execute the illegal gathering of the underground leather artisan. Experience in starting PDA leather case company during the mid 90s Palm Pilot era. He enjoys music of all genres, from Depeche Mode to Bob Marley and Beatles to Gilberto, his inspiration is like his music liking, adaption of all. Scasi design is inspired by everyday life, balance of left and right, unique useful and simple. He is artisan of his own “Obbi Good Label”.

James, Craftmen

james.jpg
One of the youngest, as padawan in the ‘Illegal Gathering’ of OBBI GOOD LABEL. Always willing to try new designs and new concept. He believes that if you like your leather, you will keep using it, in return, you will see fantastic leather aging evolution. Greatly influenced by Japanese culture, he is artisan for his own LIPSU label. Blog

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 11
Ps these guys really like to work with you and they provide great feedback and have very fast response times.(Although their inbox was full so my email bounced a few times:)

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Indeed I supplied the design and they provided feedback on what was achievable. We worked together over a few days to find a design that would work for me.  The only thing they could not do was locate the hole for the Mini to mini. So I will add that myself.

ps the leather is [size=12pt]London Tan[/size]
[size=12pt]Pps this is part of my Kermit / Robin project[/size]

[size=12pt]The final set up will be [/size]
[size=12pt]Source - Sony Rh1[/size]
[size=12pt]Amp - RSA The Shadow[/size]
[size=12pt][size=12pt][size=small]CEIM - Heir 8.a[/size][/size][/size][size=12pt]Mini to Mini - Toxic Cable Silver Pioson[/size]
[size=12pt]CEIM Cable - [size=small]Toxic Cable Silver Pioson[/size][/size]

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #10 of 11
Mega bump here but just saw this. I've emailed them to talk about one for me!

May 6, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 11
This looks like most recent thread about solutions for carrying a portable rig, unless I missed another.   I am working with an iPhone6 and a very basic TEAC HA-P50 amp until I can get Chord Mojo. Carrying them as a block with bands in various large pockets leaves the USB-Lightning cable exposed and bent at the bottom of the rig.  Volume control is on top of rig so whole weight of rig is riding up and down on the bent cable.  Secondary issue is rubber bands making it hard to take out of pocket unless wearing hiking pants with big cargo pockets. 

It may become a non-issue if I eventually go in DAP direction, but in the meantime direction to any nifty products out there is appreciated.  McClelland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back