Show us you Bike Thread
Aug 17, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #16 of 46
nice road bike ! I bet that's light. What pedals are those? they look kinda odd.

I got some new pedals today, the SPDs i had before just sucks with trainers, no grip at all on the flat side.

Some lighter Wellgo Magnesium Flats

51039img2863122340loyi4.jpg

This hobby is costing me more money each day, already spent money on

Chain cleaner
Oil
Pedals (have 2 sets now)
Lock (need another one...see next point)
Insurance - that require me to have a specific lock, so need a new/better lock
Lights

I still need

Helmet
Shin pads
Gloves
New Lock
Pump

Audio is cheap by comparison !

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #17 of 46
Those are Shimano Ultegra SPD-SL clipless pedals-- don't know if you know what clipless pedals are or not. My road shoes have a cleat attached to the bottom that clips into the pedal so that power can be applied to the pedal through a full 360 degree rotation. (Just remember to unclip before stopping--unless you can do a trackstand...)

Aug 19, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by axle
Wow, Systex, I bet that cost more than your Volvo! REALLY nice ride.

Haha... it doesn't take much to be worth more than my '91 Vanilla 240 (oh what I would give to have an 850 turbo...).

Aug 20, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #22 of 46
yea, at least we lose weight while peddling.

about the clipless,

i'm also looking for flats with hex screws in them as well. My Crank Brothers Mallets provide no grip at all with normal shoes, so when i don't wear clipless shoes and ride trails it's quite dangerous. Those wellgos look nice! I'll probably get those

Aug 20, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #26 of 46
DSCF0028.jpg

Just got a new saddle though, a gel Specialized with special penile blood flow enhancements by some Dr.

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #28 of 46
Just got back from a nice hour ride. This saddle is just incredible. Super comfy. I swear someone really engineered this baby.

I changed from some used CODA by sella italia saddle I had been using, because I had not gone for a ride for several months and when I got back from the same hour ride, my arse was in serious distress. I decided it was time for something groovy. This Specialized saddle is kick@$$. Go down to your local bike shop and see if they have any to try. They have you sit on this memory foam arse measuring device, to fit you (there are 3 sizes, 130mm, 143mm, and a larger one). I ended up with the medium one (143mm). It is a great saddle. Definately worth the $60 I paid.

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #29 of 46
I have a Hoffman Resistance bike, haven't taken it out of the closet in over a year
frown.gif
. I might start mountain biking again though and get out of bmx, I just don't find flat-land and jumping appealing anymore.

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #30 of 46
most of the Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) saddles are super comfortable, if not all.

I have the Rocket V, which is one of their most narrow saddles and i feel no discomfort after hours of riding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back