Should we hide the truth? will it affect you to buy FiiO products if we tell you that there are fake FiiO
Jul 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

JamesFiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
To all customer and FiiO's fans, 

As all you known, there are some factory clone our products, so far there are fake E3, E5, E6, E7. now we are working hard to fight with them and we 

also make it public, but some people( includes our agents ) worry about that customer will not buy FiiO products anymore because it maybe fake products.

In fact, it is our faith that we will try to open all to our customer, includes what we are thingking, what we are developing, what we are making, and when

we will release, and what problem/bugs our products have, how many staff we have, who are our agents/distributor. I think it help FiiO connect to our customer

directly and finnally our customer will support us. 

So, what do you think, will you fully support us to fight with the fake products in the coming soon.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 26
I will support you 
redface.gif
. I'll remind new users on the threads to be cautious of fake products, and direct them to the your site with the list of dealers.

But seriously......some people just skip over my post about buying authorized, and avoiding fakes, and half a page of my post on being careful(to help them out) read the bottom part.....and then later tell me they bought from "insert company name here" that I know is not authorized......seriously. I even tell them that the majority of the time, it's the same price in buying authorized 
angry_face.gif

Every bit counts I guesss! I may not be much and I'm not always on or checking but I'll try 
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:
I will support you 
redface.gif
. I'll remind new users on the threads to be cautious of fake products, and direct them to the your site with the list of dealers.

But seriously......some people just skip over my post about buying authorized, and avoiding fakes, and half a page of my post on being careful(to help them out) read the bottom part.....and then later tell me they bought from "insert company name here" that I know is not authorized......seriously. I even tell them that the majority of the time, it's the same price in buying authorized 
angry_face.gif

Every bit counts I guesss! I may not be much and I'm not always on or checking but I'll try 
tongue.gif

Thanks for your help and support, Amazon have a very strange policy that people can send the goods to the warehouse of Amazon, and them the fake and genuine will mix together, we just warm our agents/seller don't ship FiiOs to Amazon in 

mixed inventories. and it will be more safe to purchase from head-direct.com. miccastore.com. parts-express.com. and other B2C online shop because they will not purchase fake FiiO

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Thanks for your help and support, Amazon have a very strange policy that people can send the goods to the warehouse of Amazon, and them the fake and genuine will mix together, we just warm our agents/seller don't ship FiiOs to Amazon in 

mixed inventories. and it will be more safe to purchase from head-direct.com. miccastore.com. parts-express.com. and other B2C online shop because they will not purchase fake FiiO

Miccastore is the only store in the U.S that carries the whole line of FiiO at the moment which is the largest problem. I checked the other day, HEad direct only had the e17 and parts express had no mention of FiiO yet.

Micca store is about 10-18% more expensive than amazon...AND EVEN THEIR OWN AMAZON PRICES..?? Most people that buy FiiO are on a budget and want to get the best FiiO for the least amount.

The difference in Micca's prices are also weird as their amazon store is "Micca Distributor" which says they sell both micca AND other product goods, hopefully they sell ONLY FiiO's they receive through their official micca route.

I hate to say it but Miccastore also doesn't seem to be as "real" as Amazon. They don't have any reviews on any product that people have put in..and it seems very blank. But none the less they are a very good company to buy form directly, product received promptly with all the goods in good condition. Amazon gives a false sense of security.

And Amazon may not feel like bending over and fixing counterfeight problems for smaller companies. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 26
Yes,  Miccastore is the only shop who carry the whole line of FiiO.  in fact, ther are MAP for all our products, but since there are fake FiiO on Amazon, Micca have to compete with the fake products even they don't want to do that.

About Parts-Express, FiiO just launched Parts express, you can search FiiO in Parts Express , they are selling E3, E5, E6, E11, D3 and L10 now.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:
Yes,  Miccastore is the only shop who carry the whole line of FiiO.  in fact, ther are MAP for all our products, but since there are fake FiiO on Amazon, Micca have to compete with the fake products even they don't want to do that.

About Parts-Express, FiiO just launched Parts express, you can search FiiO in Parts Express , they are selling E3, E5, E6, E11, D3 and L10 now.

How about they make a new FiiO product page and add this:

AUTHORIZED FiiO E10
AUTHORIZED FiiO E17

ahead of each of their titles with a description that tells of teh pircacy going on. Many people DON'T know about this but most actually read the description as they are excited for their audio purchase and want to do it right.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 26
Hopefully always remind to only buy with official distributors (in the fiio website), openly implying that there are fake products will cause problems, because they will react not trusting fiio something akward that happens to people. Usually there can be fakes for any type of products, so it's a customers responsability to be carefull. Then if official distributors have fake products will be much easier, to look into and solve those problems.

A second way to be carefull is create a website (non official website, dunno really) that could pop first in google searches over , distributors that sell fake Fiio products, and inform to be carefull always look for official distributors when buying Fiio products. I know it sounds a bit strange but maybe something like that could help buyers that aren't carefull when it comes to buying products on the net. At least head-fi.org helped me know about the existance of fake products. I'm considering buying the E6 and I've found a official distributor in my country ( and it's only a few miles from my home =)  )

Also people buying fake products means less money for Fiio , so it would be a good idea to inform it, but from a positive angle, garanties, quality, etc etc.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:
Hopefully always remind to only buy with official distributors (in the fiio website), openly implying that there are fake products will cause problems, because they will react not trusting fiio something akward that happens to people. Usually there can be fakes for any type of products, so it's a customers responsability to be carefull. Then if official distributors have fake products will be much easier, to look into and solve those problems.

A second way to be carefull is create a website (non official website, dunno really) that could pop first in google searches over , distributors that sell fake Fiio products, and inform to be carefull always look for official distributors when buying Fiio products. I know it sounds a bit strange but maybe something like that could help buyers that aren't carefull when it comes to buying products on the net. At least head-fi.org helped me know about the existance of fake products. I'm considering buying the E6 and I've found a official distributor in my country ( and it's only a few miles from my home =)  )

Also people buying fake products means less money for Fiio , so it would be a good idea to inform it, but from a positive angle, garanties, quality, etc etc.

It may be awkward or arouse some fears..but overal, it is more helpful. I don't think most people will not trust FiiO when FiiO posts about buying from authorized as fakes and counterfeit are rampant.... and seriously. I offer most people other amp suggestions or to look at other amps and DAC's too. 9.9/10 they end up back or to FiiO if they are in the $200 range and below for one reason. Very few products under this range have the number of units sold and reviews written online and a known brand that is very wide and thus boosts their confidence... I've had to offer some better suggestions to people on a soundcard or something that may better suit their purpose better as some people go too biased and follow the band train sometimes.

Most won't be looking for fake products and getting it pop first is hard...and non official draws suspicions

Of course, the counterfeit companies are using parts of FiiO's design(patented I think?) and their brand name and the customers confidence in buying FiiO as they did research and FiiO is everywhere; for their own profit.

And like FiiO said before, at one of the worst things that can happen is for teh fake to burst into flames due to shaddy wirring and thus make the user report it online. And then is when us users appear and tell teh guy he bought a fake.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 26
I looked in the store from my country site, www.mediaplayer.cl.  I saw two listed e6  ,  one called amplificador de audifonos fiio e6 ( headphone amplifier e6) for $19000 chilean pesos, and another product labeled as amplificador fiio e6 ( $14000).  This seems fishy , so I'm going to call them to check it out, now that I'm going to buy it from them.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:
I looked in the store from my country site, www.mediaplayer.cl.  I saw two listed e6  ,  one called amplificador de audifonos fiio e6 ( headphone amplifier e6) for $19000 chilean pesos, and another product labeled as amplificador fiio e6 ( $14000).  This seems fishy , so I'm going to call them to check it out, now that I'm going to buy it from them.

It is an authorized dealer right?

Micca has some weird pricings as well
$68USD on Amazon and $78 on their store.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:
It is an authorized dealer right?

Micca has some weird pricings as well
$68USD on Amazon and $78 on their store.

Yes it is, It's in the south america list of dealers, and I think it's the only one. I'll call now and I tell you about it.

EDIT: I contacted the store and they told me ,    the product is on discount for this week and they labeled it as another product ( that the salesmen identified as an error ) so I suppose it's all good !

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #12 of 26
There are tons of fake on Monster, Audio Technia and Sennheiser on eBay, but it never stop people from buying the real thing with full retail price. The fact is, those who buy cheap online from non-authorized seller always know in the bottom of their heart that they might not get the real deal and still want to risk it. That's human nature to want to belive he/she is lucky, and you can't worry about them all. All you can do is educate both your seller as well as buyer about the situation and wish they are smart enough to weight their options before spebding their money... and perhaps pray as well. The one thing you shouldn't do is to turn a blind eye to your customer, which only help to damage your owb reputation.

Oh, start putting randomized but traceable serial number on the products helps as well.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:
There are tons of fake on Monster, Audio Technia and Sennheiser on eBay, but it never stop people from buying the real thing with full retail price. The fact is, those who buy cheap online from non-authorized seller always know in the bottom of their heart that they might not get the real deal and still want to risk it. That's human nature to want to belive he/she is lucky, and you can't worry about them all. All you can do is educate both your seller as well as buyer about the situation and wish they are smart enough to weight their options before spebding their money... and perhaps pray as well. The one thing you shouldn't do is to turn a blind eye to your customer, which only help to damage your owb reputation.
Oh, start putting randomized but traceable serial number on the products helps as well.

FiiO said they were gonna start doing the online and sms tracking sheets. Similar to Microsoft COA's I guess.

Other than online and SMS tracking the only other way to check it for a normal person....is to put their lighter next to it haha.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #14 of 26
You have my full support! 100% :smile:

What about doing what soundMAGIC and Vsonic have done with their products. Each item package has a serial number you rub off and enter into their site to check for validation of the product? That could be something to think about in the future for Fiio. I know it helped me feel assured when buying my GRO7.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #15 of 26
Definitely don't hide that there are fakes. But maybe do make a bigger deal about which resellers are authorized FiiO dealers - to make it easier for consumers to feel confident that they are receiving a genuine product. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back