Should I Write to Suggest Alessandro to Make Their Version of PS-1 Pro?
Jun 17, 2004 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Just thought of this... Do you think it's a good idea to write Alessandro and suggest them to consider making their counterpart version of PS-1 Pro? I think if they do it must be great and the most importantly, the phones will not cost as eat-people-no-spit-the-bones expensive as Grado PS-1 Pro.
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 67
It would be great if the PS-1 was available at a cheaper price, but that doesn't get around the fact that the design is licensed to the German distributor.

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
So Alessandro has to get Grado's license to make their counterpart version of PS-1?

That is correct, however from the information that we have the German distributor of the PS-1 already has that license.

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 67
I guess the PS-1 is only for those who are lucky enough to have a fund already saved up, or blessed enough to be able to buy it on a whim. Ah well, I've started saving up for the $1400, and I'm $400 there already.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 67
Funny, I just emailed them yesterday and here was their response:

"We felt there was no reason to add a new phone as the MS-Pro is already as good as it gets."

Sigh...

Biggie.

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
I guess the PS-1 is only for those who are lucky enough to have a fund already saved up, or blessed enough to be able to buy it on a whim.

I didn't buy it on a whim, I waited a full 24 hours after the berkeley meet before buying them.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #10 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Funny, I just emailed them yesterday and here was their response:

"We felt there was no reason to add a new phone as the MS-Pro is already as good as it gets."

Sigh...

Biggie.

Dear Biggie, did you exactly suggest them about making their PS-1 counterpart? I will write them and see what they say... I think it's a good idea to tell them that most of the true head-fiers think metallic earcups give better sound and prefer that. Maybe, too, even if they don't make their counterpart of PS-1 Pro they can consider changing MS Pro to the same metallic earcups?

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 67
Hmmm, I think I am a true head-fier and I would say the mahogany is quite remarkable for what it is able to do. It is unlike any other phone. The RS-1's do what no other grado (save for a close second from RS-2, but for me its not so close) does. The PS-1's are fine phones no doubt, but for me at least, this is a lateral move more than a vertical one. To each his own though. But as Alessandro and Grado feel...mahogany rules them all...

Back on topic, too bad Alessandro can't get them down in price...

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I didn't buy it on a whim, I waited a full 24 hours after the berkeley meet before buying them.
biggrin.gif

Considering the number of wallets headphones have killed, I'm surprised there isn't a waiting period (plus background check, etc.) for buying them...
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:59 AM Post #13 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Dear Biggie, did you exactly suggest them about making their PS-1 counterpart? I will write them and see what they say... I think it's a good idea to tell them that most of the true head-fiers think metallic earcups give better sound and prefer that. Maybe, too, even if they don't make their counterpart of PS-1 Pro they can consider changing MS Pro to the same metallic earcups?

Perhaps if they recieve many requests for an Alessandro version of the PS-1, they may change their minds.

Jun 18, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate
Perhaps if they recieve many requests for an Alessandro version of the PS-1, they may change their minds.

I definitely agree. If there would be enough potential customers, or even the group of buyers, which would place an order for the custom made PS-1's.

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #15 of 67
Ok I think I'll start another thread to gather people to help making request to Alessandro in considering making their Music Series version of PS-1. With Alessandro's direction of sound I believe if they really have their PS-1 it will be deadly tempting and probably even better than Grado's PS-1 itself and not to mention the price would likely be lower as well.
smily_headphones1.gif
Is anybody with me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back