...should i trade 2 headphones for one...?
Sep 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Pedro Oliveira

1000+ Head-Fier
First of all i want to thank to everyone here on head fi for all of the support i have had since i became a member here... :)

At the start of this year i did not had a pair of headphones but since i signed myself in i became addicted and so far i have had the chance own amazing headphones and to meet wonderfull people who share the same interests as me and who have always been very helpfull.

Now lets move to the topics purpose....

Right now i have three pairs of headphones (4 but my girlfriend stole my mdr v6's.... XD)....

The Audio Technica Ath m50's

The Creative Aurvana live!'s

And last but not least the Sennheiser Momentum's

Although i already have some really cool closed headphones theres is one that always caught my eye.... As a music lover i listen to pretty much everything but 50% of my tracklists are made of edm, specially progressive and trance. I have watched my favourite edm producers use these and probably this is the headphones that i want to try the most since i can remember...

THE ALL MIGHTY SENNHEISER HD25-1 II!!!! (or the amperior.... XD)

So i am willing to let go my aurvanas and my m50's (and even a bit more of money) so i can trade both or sell them to buy a pair of hd25's or amperiors....

Now the main question....

Is this Worth it?

Although not the most expensive i am wiilling to let go 2 of the most praised headphones here on head fi...
SMART OR DUMB MOVE?

Help me out guys.....  :)

Cheers....

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 15
If you can find the amperior as glitched has mentioned go for it, I've heard 4 of the 5 headphones you've listed and for EDM the HD25/ amperior will work wonders.
for anything else your momentums should do the trick, much much nicer than the M50

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 15
If you can find the amperior as glitched has mentioned go for it, I've heard 4 of the 5 headphones you've listed and for EDM the HD25/ amperior will work wonders.
for anything else your momentums should do the trick, much much nicer than the M50

He already has the momentums.

And The amperior are pretty good but I still consider the momentums superior.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #8 of 15
So you guys think it is not worth it? To be honest the one alwyas wanted the most was the HD25. I see guys like above and beyond and they are Faithfull to the hd25s and also from all the reviews i read I came to the conclusion that the hd25 would be the ultimate all rounder with the perfect Sound sig for edm and rock....

I thought of the amperiors because they seemed like am improved version of the hd25, but from what I havê read some hd25 owners did not like the amperiors because although similar sounding, it seems the amperiors are a bit Warmer... I never tried any of the two só dont know if this warmness would be a good or bad thing for me....

Bit are the amperiors superior to the hd25s (in terms of sound resolution)? Do they havê newer driver like the momentum?

Or is it the same driver with just aluminium cups and a lower impedance?

Cheers...

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 15
The dt1350s are good for edm? Still they are too damn expensive... I am thinking of spending no more tha 150 euros for them amperiors or the hd25s and if i can get them for less better. The cheaper i can fins the DT is for about 240 and that is completely out of question because i got the momentums 2 weeks ago. Theres is only two ways for me to get to hd25s or the amperiora... Trade the two headphones i mentioned or sell them to use the money...

Thats why i was asking if the hd25 or the amperior were worth the sacrifice of selling the cals and the m50s... :)

Just fins out that the amperiors are cheaper 100 euros cheaper than the hd25s on the German amazon...

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-Amperior-dynamischer-On-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Klinkenstecker/dp/B009QV14MC/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1380047884&sr=1-1&keywords=amperior

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 15
I didn't know Amperiors were that cheap 
blink.gif
 Last time I saw them 300€. I might buy myself a pair even, I think I need to research if they voiced them towards "consumer needs" or if they have the pro neutral sound quality.. If they sound "pro" I might buy myself a pair.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 15

Bit are the amperiors superior to the hd25s (in terms of sound resolution)? Do they havê newer driver like the momentum?

Or is it the same driver with just aluminium cups and a lower impedance?

Cheers...

The amperiors and HD25 are the same thing. The difference is that the amperiors have aluminium cups and copper cable instead of plastic cups and steel cables. Same exact driver and to my ears, the sounded the same.
The amperiors are discontinued, so that's why the prices are so cheap, all retailers are trying to get rid of stock. they used to cost alot more than the HD25

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 15
So lets imagine.... :)

Hd25 and amperior at the same price... The smart move would be to get the amperiors?

Just to more questions...

Do you guys consider that the hd25 and the ampeiors are above the m50s interna of Sound quality?

In terms of resolution are the hd25/amperios worse than the momentums or are they on par?

Edit: i havê no amps and i will be usind these on portable sources like my iPod touch or my nexus 7...

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #15 of 15
So lets imagine.... :)

Hd25 and amperior at the same price... The smart move would be to get the amperiors?

Just to more questions...

Do you guys consider that the hd25 and the ampeiors are above the m50s interna of Sound quality?

In terms of resolution are the hd25/amperios worse than the momentums or are they on par?

Edit: i havê no amps and i will be usind these on portable sources like my iPod touch or my nexus 7...

momentum >>>amperior >>>M50
My issue with the M50 is that even though the M50 is fairly neutral, it lacks a lot of detail and clarity.

You should be able to make up your own mind about the M50 given that you own the momentum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back