Should I return my karma and keep Dell dj?
Feb 5, 2005 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

apnk

Headphoneus Supremus
My Dell Dj15gig (1st gen) started acting up so i called Dell and they said that they'll send me another one. I bought the Rio because i figured that i could sell my replacement DJ for $180 (price of the Karma) on ebay. I thought that Dell would send me a 1gen DJ but today the replacement came and it was a 2nd Gen DJ20gig! It looks so sexy and sleek.

Now I dont know what to do. The Karma has the best sound, more features but the downside is the 90 day warranty and maybe some stability issues with the HD? Should i return it and get my $180 back and keep the DJ?
-OR-
The DJ 2gen is sexy lookin, less features, 12hour batt. life, built like a brick ( i could knock someone out with this baby!) better warranty. Should i sell it and keep my Karma?

Damn, what do you guys think?

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by neueziel
I'd keep the Dell, because I personally don't want to experience the Karma breaking after the 90th day and be left out in the cold.

I agree.

Feb 5, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 13
I'd say the karma. But then I think hd problems of the karma are overhyped. I've had lockups on mine, but I find it hard to believe that the circumstances under which it locked up would cause any DAP to lock up (my mounting bracket in my car transmits road vibrations EXTREMELY well, grrrr). My karma's been used and abused, and I doubt even the lauded ipod could stand up any better.

But the most important thing is the one you want. Don't let people here tell you want you want, decide yourself
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 13
Keep the Dell, you got a real sweet deal.

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 13
Karma vote here. Haven't been seeing a lot of issues with them lately. Some posts have postulated that it may have been a brief run of faulty hard drives and that the issues aren't a concern anymore. Hey, it's only money. Don't sweat it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Hey mech! Hey Ken!

I've gotta say Karma... it may be older than all of the competing players, but it still gives them a "swift kick to the nuts."*

*quote from flattop100 (he's a sound engineer, so LISTEN UP!!!)

Feb 5, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 13
i'd stay with the karma. it is hands down the best mp3 player i've seen. it kicks the pants off the dj. if you're worried about it breaking down, get a third party 2-year warranty from viking warranty for $20.

Feb 6, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 13
I'd definitely keep the Karma. Oh yea, and this is a little off subject, but didn't I see you over at ipodlounge mr. karmalicious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back