Should I leave my Chord DAVE Powered on?
Apr 8, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 10
You should turn it off to increase longevity.

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Should I leave my DAVE powered on (like the Schiit Yggdrasil) or should I turn it off between uses?

Hello, you probably should ask these questions in the Dave thread. It would be easier then making threads to ask a question. There is a lot of information throughout the thread and plenty of Headfiers with experience with your product of choice.

Good luck on your journey

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 10
I have left my TT on for 6 years, just fine

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 10
Hello, you probably should ask these questions in the Dave thread. It would be easier then making threads to ask a question. There is a lot of information throughout the thread and plenty of Headfiers with experience with your product of choice.
Please send me to a link for the DAVE thread. I searched for it several ways and couldn't find such a thread. Thanks, Ken

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 10
Apr 8, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 10
I've heard other manufacturers talk about just this subject. More than one has commented that the powering on of your solid state amplifiers for instance, puts more wear and tear than leaving them on 24/7.

My BAT VK-6200 is always left on. It sounds best that way with no need for warmup.

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 10
Should I leave my DAVE powered on (like the Schiit Yggdrasil) or should I turn it off between uses?

I leave mine on 24/7 - it doesn't hurt it to do so.

I did change the display mode so the screen turns off, though.

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #10 of 10
I also have been leaving the DAVE running 24/7 with screen turning off, with reasonable ambient temperature it should only get warm to the touch and therefore fine. I left my AGD M7 running 24/7 for a number of years without issues as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back